tm30

AJ Reed - 1B HOU

5 hours ago, cruisedaddy said:

Where u getting this info?

He told you - he doesn't have a link, but someone that passed the info on to him. You don't have to buy into it if you don't want to.

In the Taillon thread one of the posters broke the impending call-up before any mainstream source, and was right on the money. No idea if this will turn out the same, but if you're in a redraft league of prospect hounds (assuming he's unowned), here's a chance to get ahead of the crowd.

Yeah, obviously I can't really talk about who my friend is and what he does, but that was the info I was passed. The corresponding move might be different than sending down White, could also be something with Chapman or someone on the 40 not in the long-term plans . But the main thing was getting through this NL stretch to avoid a bunch of lefties, and opening up in a series against a divisional opponent. He also had some info on Bregman that I'll be comfortable sharing if the Reed call-up goes through

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, crookedmacs said:

Yeah, obviously I can't really talk about who my friend is and what he does, but that was the info I was passed. The corresponding move might be different than sending down White, could also be something with Chapman or someone on the 40 not in the long-term plans . But the main thing was getting through this NL stretch to avoid a bunch of lefties, and opening up in a series against a divisional opponent. He also had some info on Bregman that I'll be comfortable sharing if the Reed call-up goes through

Spill the Bregman info, I'm curious.

1 hour ago, RoadApple said:

Spill the Bregman info, I'm curious.

What a convincing argument.

• Like 7

I'm buying this. Always a chance things don't happen like this but I believe he's telling the truth. Thanks for the tip!

29 minutes ago, dcye said:

What a convincing argument.

Just as convincing as your apparent argument against.

Honestly what convincing does he need? Dont tease us and then not tell. Whether he's right or wrong about the Reed seems irrelevant.

3 hours ago, crookedmacs said:

Does your friend happen to work in the Cardinals IT department ?  :)

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, RoadApple said:

Just as convincing as your apparent argument against.

Honestly what convincing does he need? Dont tease us and then not tell. Whether he's right or wrong about the Reed seems irrelevant.

Bregman will be in AA through the AA all star game which is at the end of the month. Then he will get called up to AAA. They aren't in a rush with him. And they feel the all star game is an imprtant thing. Want him to have recognition for his season thus far. Content with Valbuena and Marwin at the big league level.  1b is the more pressing need. White struggling, plus not a good defender

Edited by crookedmacs
  • Like 6

Just now, crookedmacs said:

Bregman will be in AA through the AA all star game which is at the end of the month. Then he will get called up to AAA. They aren't in a rush with him. Content with Valbuena and Marwin. 1b is the more pressing need. White struggling, plus not a good defender

I appreciate it and that jibes with what I heard from an Astros beat writer as well.

32 minutes ago, fletch44 said:

Does your friend happen to work in the Cardinals IT department ?  :)

Post of the year.

I don't care if he has struggled recently, if he's on his way up I'm still moist.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, crookedmacs said:

Not one to break news, but someone passed word to me that the plan is to call him up for the Monday series against the Angels. Wanted to avoid Cincy and the Cardinals since they are heavy with lefty starters. Tyler White will most likely get sent down

Phase 1 is complete

4 hours ago, crookedmacs said:

Bregman will be in AA through the AA all star game which is at the end of the month. Then he will get called up to AAA. They aren't in a rush with him. And they feel the all star game is an imprtant thing. Want him to have recognition for his season thus far. Content with Valbuena and Marwin at the big league level.  1b is the more pressing need. White struggling, plus not a good defender

As a holder of Bregman, disappointing. Want him sooner. But happy about Reed. 

@crookedmacs not sure of your preference.  But if Reed gets called up when you say.  A lot of dudes will be throwing themselves at you.  Are you ready for that?

• Like 7

I understand the excitement of his upside with the potential callup, but aren't we glossing over his struggles this season so far? Predicting an end to his hitting woes against better pitching seems misguided

9 minutes ago, High&Inside said:

I understand the excitement of his upside with the potential callup, but aren't we glossing over his struggles this season so far? Predicting an end to his hitting woes against better pitching seems misguided

Minor league stats don't always tell the story, many times they instruct players to do certain things without caring for the resulting stats. I have no idea if that's the case here. 

I feel like he will mash righties and have troubles vs lefties when he comes up.  Could be very similar to Conforto in a lot of ways.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

I feel like he will mash righties and have troubles vs lefties when he comes up.  Could be very similar to Conforto in a lot of ways.

Conforto in the month of April or Conforto since the beginning of May?

Just now, High&Inside said:

Conforto in the month of April or Conforto since the beginning of May?

Conforto has a season long 904 OPS against righties, he's been useless against lefties. 

• Like 1