tm30

AJ Reed - 1B HOU

No one on here knows for sure. It's pure speculation until something is announced which it hasn't as of now. Who knows, it could be Singleton. I would assume there would be some kind of move to add another hitter.

6 hours ago, street sharks said:

he actually getting called up tomorrow? they sent white down to activate gregerson

could easily send a guy like Worth down...

2 hours ago, TheWrightStuff said:

could easily send a guy like Worth down...

This would almost assuredly be the move.

I hate FanSided because it's a glorified blog with random "writers", but it looks like this guy has be reading this thread lol... literally just repeated what was being talked about here, and of course no credit given. What a clown. 

https://climbingtalshill.com/2016/06/19/astros-let-the-a-j-reed-watch-begin-with-his-play-in-fresno/

Haha I read that. Maybe the Rotoworld poster IS that writer? 

Anyway, AJ Reed's mom's Twitter handle is @ajs58mom for anyone who is hoping she'll break news first. Yes...I'm a loser for looking into it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Haha I read that. Maybe the Rotoworld poster IS that writer? 

Anyway, AJ Reed's mom's Twitter handle is @ajs58mom for anyone who is hoping she'll break news first. Yes...I'm a loser for looking into it.

Ahahaha love it...whatever it takes to gain and edge ..no shame in fantasy...lol??

On 6/17/2016 at 10:02 AM, crookedmacs said:

Yeah, obviously I can't really talk about who my friend is and what he does, but that was the info I was passed. The corresponding move might be different than sending down White, could also be something with Chapman or someone on the 40 not in the long-term plans . But the main thing was getting through this NL stretch to avoid a bunch of lefties, and opening up in a series against a divisional opponent. He also had some info on Bregman that I'll be comfortable sharing if the Reed call-up goes through

Ok buddy lol, is your friend the author from FanSided above? Coincidence? Great troll job? 

You've been officially called out, we're all dying to know now!

45 minutes ago, WahooManiac said:

Ok buddy lol, is your friend the author from FanSided above? Coincidence? Great troll job? 

You've been officially called out, we're all dying to know now!

You have it backwards, the FanSided guy wrote those AFTER the info was posted here. 

Poster had the original info, if it comes true big props. 

• Like 1

It wasn't letting me post for some dumb reason. To answer a previous question, I honestly didn't know what Fansided was till someone posted it up here. I'm really hoping AJ gets the call, not for the "I told you so," but because I have him in the lineup this week. I talked to my dude a little yesterday, but he had Finals stuff to do, so it was brief. The Astros wanted to see certain improvements from Reed the past 2 weeks, including defensive improvements. Apparently, he's stepped up, especially the past few games. He told me they feel he's ready, but with how Marwin has been playing, they could also wait for the weekend series. So, I'm going to get a hold of him later when he's back in town

• Like 3

Not today. : /  Marwin @ 1B. Gattis @ C.

Maybe he joins the team on the day off Thursday to face 3 RHP @KC.  Fingers crossed.

@JordanLRay 

Astros GM Jeff Luhnow said team is looking for opening to bring up AJ Reed. If someone injured, Luhnow said Reed would be near top of list.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

@JordanLRay 

Astros GM Jeff Luhnow said team is looking for opening to bring up AJ Reed. If someone injured, Luhnow said Reed would be near top of list.

Well.  Good to hear it from Luchnow that his call up is imminent.  premature activation for a lot of us today, but there were plenty of teams w/ off days so most of us probably didn't have to bench anyone to get him in the lineup.  Back to the N/A you go for now dude.

Edited by ragrag

Astros general manager Jeff Luhnow indicated Monday that a promotion for first base prospect A.J. Reed is not imminent.

Reed has bounced back after a slow start to the season at Triple-A, but the Astros want to see more before considering a promotion. They are also happy with what the production from the corner infield spots at the major league level in recent days. "He's making improvements and he's taking better at-bats and that's really all we're looking for is consistency of at-bats," said Luhnow. "Defensively, he's going to be fine. We're also looking for an opportunity. Right now, Marwin and Valbuena are both playing well. We want to give Danny Worth an extended look, so these three guys will be sharing the corners. If anybody went down, certainly A.J. Reed would be at or close to the top of the list for guys to come up." Reed, 23, is batting .256/.343/.483 with nine homers and 32 RBI over 55 games this season at Triple-A.

Well at least the guy doesn't have to worry about men throwing themselves at him.  Dropping in redraft.  "Giving Danny Worth an extended look" are famous words of a team with zero aspirations of winning.  Dude is 30 years old with a career .586 OPS.  I gave his stats an extended look and have concluded the extended look is not needed.

• Like 1

If he was a BIG TIME guy, he would be up by now.  The worrisome part is I am starting to think kid isn't BIG TIME.