tm30

AJ Reed - 1B HOU

I don't get the doom and gloom here. He was likely a super 2 before the season started, you knew you'd have to hold him for some time before he got a shot. So far they gave a mid level prospect in White a shot, and now they are giving Worth a last ditch effort to see if he can salvage his career. They may give Worth a bit longer because he may be outright released if/when he fails again. I doubt it takes long to sort out. 

Funny how earlier the same comments were taken to mean he would be up shortly, all in how you spin it I guess. 

If you're in a redraft league I don't see the big deal. There's no guarantee he saves your season if he's up. Mike Napoli, Adam Lind, or whoever might have a better second half. Anything is possible in small sample sizes.

4 hours ago, Bigfische1 said:

I don't get the doom and gloom here. He was likely a super 2 before the season started, you knew you'd have to hold him for some time before he got a shot. So far they gave a mid level prospect in White a shot, and now they are giving Worth a last ditch effort to see if he can salvage his career. They may give Worth a bit longer because he may be outright released if/when he fails again. I doubt it takes long to sort out. 

I seriously doubt Danny Worth is holding up Reed's promotion.  He's 30 years old and has always been terrible. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Watermock said:

So uh...anyone know where Marwin lives? Maybe Tonya Harding lives near by....

I like where this is going. However, more accurately, I think we would need Jeff Gillooly to live nearby. 

Super two should be any day now, right?  I mean, I know that nobody really knows until a year or two after, but ~65 games +/- 10 games is roughly the milestone as I understand it.

Seems like the brass are offering up some weak a** reasons to hold him back when we all know they're playing w/ his arb-clock.  Makes business sense to save $ where they can as it's gonna get expensive quickly when guys like Altuve, Correa and Springer are up for extension.  

24 minutes ago, ragrag said:

Super two should be any day now, right?  I mean, I know that nobody really knows until a year or two after, but ~65 games +/- 10 games is roughly the milestone as I understand it.

Seems like the brass are offering up some weak a** reasons to hold him back when we all know they're playing w/ his arb-clock.  Makes business sense to save $ where they can as it's gonna get expensive quickly when guys like Altuve, Correa and Springer are up for extension.  

Super-Two passed weeks ago.

28 minutes ago, ragrag said:

Hes really not playing that well to force a call up to be honest and he seems a platoon bat as he cant hit lefties. I dont think Houston is playing any games with him, I think theres more he needs to show. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jor357 said:

I've never seen ball pants that tight on anyone ever 

LOL. This comment actually made me watch the highlight and yeah.... dude needs to upgrade from the smedium pants.

• Like 1

On June 21, 2016 at 3:03 PM, dzemens said:

Hes really not playing that well to force a call up to be honest and he seems a platoon bat as he cant hit lefties. I dont think Houston is playing any games with him, I think theres more he needs to show. 

The homer in that tight pants video is off a lefty.

His .788 ops vs lefties isn't terrible is it? (.866 ops vs righties)

• Like 1

He's hitting a lot better lately. Luhnow said he thought AJ Reed is ready if they need him. The article said they were giving Danny worth an extended look and that since marwin Gonzalez is hitting well there is no need to rush Reed. 

Why does Danny Worth need an extended look? Hes 30.  We know what he is at this point.  Marwin is best suited for a super utility role.  The Astros are finally above .500 and have a legit shot at a playoff berth if they can continue to play well.  They should be calling up reinforcements from the minors, and looking at the trade market to add SP depth.  Maybe thats what we'll see around the deadline, but in my opinion Reed is being wasted in the minors right now.  Give the kid a shot, and send him back down if hes lost at the plate.

Can't be worse than what Buxton looked like with his first call up and even now . Bring this guy up he will be ok . 

Twins brought Buxton up too soon and he very well could be the next B.J. Upton because of it. I prefer not to see this happen with Reed.