tm30

AJ Reed - 1B HOU

38 minutes ago, JeterPimpedUrGF said:

Twins brought Buxton up too soon and he very well could be the next B.J. Upton because of it. I prefer not to see this happen with Reed. 

So because Byron Buxton has struggled to date in the majors, AJ Reed would as well?  What makes Buxton a good comp for Reed?  

And as the above poster stated, BJ Upton had some solid years.  Buxton has done nothing of note yet.

I'd rather Reed see daily AB's in AAA then come up and split time w/ Marwin.  Marwin has earned his PT right now, so Reed is just gonna have to wait for his shot. Hope he can stay hot in the meantime and come up hungry.

According to the Twitterz, AJ Reed has been called up:

@1250SportsTalk: Former UK Baseball star, AJ Reed got called up to the Astros tonight and will be on the roster for tomorrow's game in Kansas City at 7:15.

• Like 1

...And what appears to be confirmation from Astros' beat writer:

@jakemkaplan: Can confirm @1250SportsTalk report that A.J. Reed has been called up to the Astros. Team has no comment.

Take this info for whatever it's worth. 

Edited by Onions

Per beat writer is usually good enough to run with. I was wrong, he is ready I guess!

43 minutes ago, StevieStats said:

Big props to @crookedmacs

Also the spin on the GM comments by RW saying he wasn't close to a call was joke. 

Wish it was Monday, but they decided to wait a few days

51 minutes ago, StevieStats said:

Big props to @crookedmacs

Also the spin on the GM comments by RW saying he wasn't close to a call was joke. 

Which is why we better all grab Bregman now.

On Tuesday, July 26, 2016 at 3:41 PM, Elixir said:

Reed. what a big disappointment.  Maybe 2017 is a better year for him.

He's destroying AAA again, I could see him get another shot this year. "Big disappointment" is kinda rough from just a bad first month.

12 hours ago, 2ndCitySox said:

He's destroying AAA again, I could see him get another shot this year. "Big disappointment" is kinda rough from just a bad first month.

Depends on what one expected.  He flat out SUCKED in that month.  Hit 2 bombs i believe, though probably more luck than skill.

20 hours ago, Elixir said:

Depends on what one expected.  He flat out SUCKED in that month.  Hit 2 bombs i believe, though probably more luck than skill.

Okay. He absolutely sucked but let's not take away his HRs. You don't hit a lucky HR in the majors. Reeds power is legit. He just needs more time and to get his timing/confidence back.

5 hours ago, Wild Thing said:

Okay. He absolutely sucked but let's not take away his HRs. You don't hit a lucky HR in the majors. Reeds power is legit. He just needs more time and to get his timing/confidence back.

Just sayin....

3 hours ago, pduce242424 said:

Just sayin....

Colon crushed that pitch. Other than him being an overweight pitcher, what about that was lucky?

AAA pitching is now looking like beach balls for A.J. Reed.  I'm wondering how soon until AJ Reed is back on that 3200 a game thing.

3 hours ago, Wild Thing said:

Colon crushed that pitch. Other than him being an overweight pitcher, what about that was lucky?

Him actually making contact is the lucky part of it.

colonlol.gif

• Like 1

3/4 with a 3 run bomb last night. Added a BB as well. Hitting .447 since he returned to AAA. Any chance he's back up this year?

I think there's a good chance they recall Reed and send down Bregman.  Might be the best option for all parties (Astros, Reed and Bregman).