Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tm30

AJ Reed - 1B HOU

On a standard 260 budget with keepers, how much money are people willing to spend? $10, $15, $20?

Had a guy in my draft pay 75 faab to move up and aquire him.

Wow, lost a lot of weight. Didn't know his ST was in Kissimmee, I'll be in Orlando for a couple days this week, might check him out!

Wow, lost a lot of weight. Didn't know his ST was in Kissimmee, I'll be in Orlando for a couple days this week, might check him out!

report back ASAP!

is Reed the favorite to start the season as Astros 1B?

No. But it can change. Id say it's Singleton then White then Reed. But eventually it be Reed, but not to start IMO

Nah. They will keep him down at the minimum for the Bryant 2 weeks, likely longer.

Yea i think it is in his best interest to spend some time with AAA pitching. No rush. I think the astros should see what they have in white

I see it more of Brock's timetable of at least the "Bryant treatment", of a couple weeks. They're looking to compete and win this year after last year, and want to field the best team. Jon Singleton needs to show something or Reed will be nipping at his heels before the end of the month.

He's hitting quite well. However, two-three weeks in AAA will give the Astros an extra year of team control, so I'd be surprised if he makes the team out of spring training. Since they are fighting for the playoffs though, I wouldn't be surprised if he's up before the early-June super-two timeline. I have a feeling super-two may be changed within the next couple years anyway since the player's union must realize it doesn't work how they had hoped.

My guess in Singleton continues to cool off the on deck hitters with his "swing-and-miss" skills to the point where J.White is the starting 1b on opening day. White isn't a top prospect, so the Astros will be less concerned about service time or super-two eligibility.

He's definitely being drafted in one-year leagues. I've been taking him in the last couple rounds of shallow leagues and will consider dropping him if he's sent down(guessing he'll be sent down). If he crushes the ball before being sent down, I'll consider hanging onto him for a few weeks into the season in hopes of a call-up. He's got the talent to hit for average and big power. He's a great flyer in re-draft leagues, especially if you have a large bench.

I recently drafted him in the 23 round...able to utilize an N/A slot to stash him, though, and not waste a roster spot

I'm a little concerned he hasn't hit very well this spring... In the context of thinking of his value this season.

I'm a little concerned he hasn't hit very well this spring... In the context of thinking of his value this season.

I can't. It's what I wanted. Astros are playing for it this year. He's probably their best option at 1b and DH.

The Astros also have Marvin Gonzalez who plays all over including first base. Not like they have to use Reed right away.

Singleton

Gonzalez

White

Reed

Faldo need to improve his defense . Astros have several options between first base and DH they can afford to let Reed stay in the minors .

Not a terrible thing for him to start there. He will be up at some point. Just gotta be patient. Seems like a ploy to gain an extra year of control to me.