tm30

AJ Reed - 1B HOU

Assuming he's not overmatched in the PCL, I really think he'll be up the day after the Super-Two deadline, whenever that may be. I think White will be serviceable for eight or so weeks to let Reed marinate and gain confidence.

Was looking forward to seeing my first Reed AB live in this pre season game. 1st hit, double off Harvey, problem is White hit a double before him...but not a huge problem.

Was looking forward to seeing my first Reed AB live in this pre season game. 1st hit, double off Harvey, problem is White hit a double before him...but not a huge problem.

Inside the park HR

• Like 1

Inside the park HR

I think that was a different play, but yeah. wow.

With Gausman and Conforto dealing with injuries, I expected Reed to pull a hammy or something

• Like 1

With Gausman and Conforto dealing with injuries, I expected Reed to pull a hammy or something

3 drafts so far, ended up with all of them in 2. We're doing it. Gausman is even cheaper now.

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Like 1

Related - who is supposed to be the better fielder between reed and white? Wondering if his long term position is really DH which would put a bit of a damper on his value.

With White's emergence, what's everyone's thought on his 2016 ETA and playing time situation?

unaffected. If Reed mashes in AAA, what exactly are they holding him back for? Also, they could potentially play White at 3b or DH.

• Like 1

FTR, this shouldn't come as a surprise. White isn't anything but a placeholder. This was a good write up of situation earlier this month:

"It seems pretty likely that the team declined to pursue a veteran alternative this winter because they wanted to leave room for Reed, and its widely assumed that hell be taking a spot in the line-up as soon as he proves hes ready for a job, regardless of what Singleton or Gattis are doing. But because he only has a half season of Double-A ball under his belt, and no time in Triple-A, it seems certain that the team will send him to the minors to begin the year, letting him get a bit more seasoning while they wait for at least the service time deadline to pass."

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-astros-interesting-1bdh-dilemma/

• Like 1

Im reading this thread six times a day.....I need to make the add and wait.....

If it's in the 16 team dynasty league listed in your signature...yes...yes you do

• Like 1

FTR, this shouldn't come as a surprise. White isn't anything but a placeholder. This was a good write up of situation earlier this month:

"It seems pretty likely that the team declined to pursue a veteran alternative this winter because they wanted to leave room for Reed, and its widely assumed that hell be taking a spot in the line-up as soon as he proves hes ready for a job, regardless of what Singleton or Gattis are doing. But because he only has a half season of Double-A ball under his belt, and no time in Triple-A, it seems certain that the team will send him to the minors to begin the year, letting him get a bit more seasoning while they wait for at least the service time deadline to pass."

White isn't just a "placeholder". All he's done his entire career is hit, and there are no indications that he won't continue to do so.

White isn't just a "placeholder". All he's done his entire career is hit, and there are no indications that he won't continue to do so.

lol that's cute.

It's a placeholder.

Billy Butler is his absolute upside.

Negative glove, so that won't keep him up (unlike a guy like Smoak)

Already 25, so has been older at each stop (22 in rookie ball). For reference, Billy Butler was mashing AA at 21 & 22.

We'll have to agree to disagree here.

• Like 1

Worth a pick up in redraft leagues? Essentially I'm asking if he will actually be doing some damage this year or not til 2017 and beyond?

Edited by bdawkins456

He has to hit in AAA, but if he does I expect he will be up by June at the latest.

Lots of paths to ABs as long as he performs as expected.