tm30

AJ Reed - 1B HOU

I think he hits for better contact than Ryan Howard, hoping for Adrian Gonzalez

Probably somewhere in between. AGon came in as a bit better contact hitter than I think Reed is. That said, even if he's Howard, that's still a pretty ridiculous baseball player and fantasy asset during his early -> prime years. Ryan Howard is a former MVP afterall.

• Like 1

OK so the consensus is that Reed will be called about somewhere around the beginning of June?

To play where? White is mashing, Gattis will be in the line up. They need a spot for him first

OK so the consensus is that Reed will be called about somewhere around the beginning of June?

To play where? White is mashing, Gattis will be in the line up. They need a spot for him first

They want Gattis at catcher so they can play both Reed/White 1b/DH

that would be a work in progress. Gattis hasn't caught since 2014

that would be a work in progress. Gattis hasn't caught since 2014

Have you not been reading the tea leaves and following the blurbs? Also Castro has been awful.

The Astros are competing this season for the World Series. Reed is their best option amongst all the 1b/3b/C/DH options. They will get him at 1b and figure out the rest.

I really don't see Gattis as the #1 C this year. In fact, I would be totally shocked. I can see Reed taking either Gattis' DH job or White's 1B job, away, at some point this year. It's not a foregone conclusion, though. Without an injury, it's quite possible, he doesn't come up until September.

Edited by rperricone

I really don't see Gattis as the #1 C this year. In fact, I would be totally shocked. I can see Reed taking either Gattis' DH job or White's 1B job, away, at some point this year. It's not a foregone conclusion, though. Without an injury, it's quite possible, he doesn't come up until September.

I'm going to say barring injury to Reed, I'd be shocked if he wasn't up much sooner than September. Would not be surprised with next month either.

Reed is more athletic than White. White is a little fat boy. Reed will not be the DH, he will be the 1b.. If White is deemed a better hitter than Gattis, White will be taking Gattis job. The 1b job is Reed's.

The fact that they are considering Gattis at catcher (which they are) speeks volumes to how they view everyone. It really shows to me they are already figuring in Reed into the equation.

Reading between the lines.

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Like 1

I vaguely remember you stating last season that severino wouldn't get the call until the middle of this year. Stop being a pessimist

I vaguely remember you stating last season that severino wouldn't get the call until the middle of this year. Stop being a pessimist

Severino got the call mid year. lol. He came up August 5th. That's sometime after mid year.

I expect Reed up sooner than later. I'm just saying that it is not a foregone conclusion.

Edited by rperricone

I'm going to say barring injury to Reed, I'd be shocked if he wasn't up much sooner than September. Would not be surprised with next month either.

Reed is more athletic than White. White is a little fat boy. Reed will not be the DH, he will be the 1b.. If White is deemed a better hitter than Gattis, White will be taking Gattis job. The 1b job is Reed's.

The fact that they are considering Gattis at catcher (which they are) speeks volumes to how they view everyone. It really shows to me they are already figuring in Reed into the equation.

Reading between the lines.

FYI I do agree with you.

Mid year meaning 2016. U were a year off

Severino got the call mid year. lol. He came up August 5th. That's sometime after mid year.

I expect Reed up sooner than later. I'm just saying that it is not a foregone conclusion.

If you have roster space get him. No one better. IMO it's him or Giolito. I carried both for a week, but then injuries started happening. I would love to grab Reed again

Mid year meaning 2016. U were a year off

no, I think I said a 2015 September call up, but then the yanks did nothing at the deadline

White has been slowing down and Gattis is Gattis. Neither of these guys are getting in the way of him coming up in June. As long as he hits and is healthy he'll be up.

#Astros prospect AJ Reed has hit his 3rd HR of the season, a 2-run shot to RF, to give Triple-A Fresno a 2-0 lead in 1st vs. Las Vegas. #BBN