Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pierce34

Robert Covington 2015-2016 Season Outlook

Doesn't look like anything too serious. I bet there's a chance he plays opening night.

You bet, huh?

No, I am not literally betting any of my income on Covington's knee. However, I do think there's a decent chance he plays opening night. Sorry for the confusion.

Doesn't look like anything too serious. I bet there's a chance he plays opening night.

You bet, huh?
No, I am not literally betting any of my income on Covington's knee. However, I do think there's a decent chance he plays opening night. Sorry for the confusion.

Kidding. I really hope he can play soon. Was really glad I got him with my 8th pick and he was exactly what I needed. Can't find those st3cks in the FA pool

Any one got a video yet? i want to see this for myself...all this chatter is making me nervous :wacko:

EDIT: Found link. 30 Sec clip of sequence that leads to injury can be seen here. Dunno how to embed the video, so if somebody could for thread pls do.

http://www.csnphilly.com/basketball-philadelphia-76ers/robert-covington-suffers-right-knee-sprain-sixers-preseason-loss-celtics

Damn. I actually don't know what to think. Was the injury cause by the knee's position while landing (hope this isn't the case), was it due to whats look like contact during the jump (I think with another knee), or was it due to what the announcers said somebody landing on his ankles?

Any one got a video yet? i want to see this for myself...all this chatter is making me nervous :wacko:

EDIT: Found link. 30 Sec clip of sequence that leads to injury can be seen here. Dunno how to embed the video, so if somebody could for thread pls do.

http://www.csnphilly.com/basketball-philadelphia-76ers/robert-covington-suffers-right-knee-sprain-sixers-preseason-loss-celtics

Damn. I actually don't know what to think. Was the injury cause by the knee's position while landing (hope this isn't the case), was it due to whats look like contact during the jump (I think with another knee), or was it due to what the announcers said somebody landing on his ankles?

Just watched it on ballstreams. Don't think I can rip it or anything, but there's no updates from what I can see. His hands were on his head after the fall and not his knee..

Went for a drive on the left side, 2 dribbles and put it up with his left hand, looks like he made some contact with the defender.. It looked like all 4 of his limbs were fully extended. Landed on his left foot first, then hard on his right from what I can tell. It looked as if his right leg forgot how close the floor was and wasn't prepared for contact with the floor. He didn't brace himself for the fall with his arms.. if that means anything. Looks like he went to grab his right knee after he fell but that's where the camera pans for the fast break

I have no idea if that helps or what it means so we'll find out tomorrow

After some repeating and rewinding, and freezing of slo-mo of this video 6-7 times. I think contact right at the 22 sec mark of this video might be the culprit of injury. So we might be looking at contusion (deep bruising-best case scenario). Or perhaps something to do with the fact someone landed/stepped on his ankles like announcers keep saying.

Don't think it's ACL/mcl inner knee structural damage. *crosses finger*

You mean the contact in the air with the left knee of the defender?

That could be good news.. I thought it was the contact with the floor to put stress on the knee..

You mean the contact in the air with the left knee of the defender?

That could be good news.. I thought it was the contact with the floor to put stress on the knee..

Yeah, I think its the mid-air contact. Corresponds with what the one bob cooney tweet one user posted in previous page.

Damn, the landing could possibly have made it worst though, but I think it's mainly the air contact that did the major damage.

I was afraid it was the weird positioning of that left knee (kind of straighten out when he landed,that's acl/mcl injury type stuff) Def right knee though cause he grabbed that right away as the camera panned away.

Man...this really puts me in a sad mood. I scooped him up everywhere I could. Hopefully is nothing serious!

Gotta be ******* kidding me man. Please let it be nothing serious FFS.Just my luck with all the injuries to key players on my team last season i swear i'm about to quit playing fantasy forever.

no news is bad news?

Thought we'd know something by now. Getting concerned.

It's about 3 PM in the East right? No news yet, what's the dealio?

Does it maybe have something to do with swelling?

I'm going to take the "at least he's not in a wheelchair" approach

*positive vibes

Gotta be ******* kidding me man. Please let it be nothing serious FFS.Just my luck with all the injuries to key players on my team last season i swear i'm about to quit playing fantasy forever.

Covington is a key player for you? I mean, I enjoyed him at times last year but he wasn't a key to anything.

Covington is a key player for you? I mean, I enjoyed him at times last year but he wasn't a key to anything.

I'm barely competitive in 3s with Ariza, Danny Green, Covington and McCollum.. you could say I need cov's production haha

I'm barely competitive in 3s with Ariza, Danny Green, Covington and McCollum.. you could say I need cov's production haha

I suppose I could see that, but if Cov's injury ends up being serious isn't it possible to stream 3s?

I suppose I could see that, but if Cov's injury ends up being serious isn't it possible to stream 3s?

Yeah, my situation is different. 15 transactions for the year, and a smaller roster (11 players)

And I used one to grab Collison already

Yeah, my situation is different. 15 transactions for the year, and a smaller roster (11 players)

And I used one to grab Collison already

Aha! The plot thickens, indeed.

Covington pushed a lot of us over the top in things like 3s. I was a 50/50 3 point cat winner before him, then after him it almost became an automatic victory for me. A guy that can put you over the top in cats is definitely valuable. Especially in deeper leagues.

In my 20 team league he is very much a key player to me.

For 3s and steals, absolutely.