Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elite

Drafting 7th, 12 Team League

My initial thought is to go with Matt Forte for my first pick.

Then AJ Green or Jordy Nelson (if available) for my 2nd pick.

Obviously if one of the 'top 5' RBs fall to me at my 7th pick I will most likely select from there first.

I dont really like taking Gronk or any of the other WR's first. (Antonio Brown would be the exception if available) - I think it's harder (in my league at least) to lock up a solid RB early on. And I think Forte will have a nice season so I am comfortable selecting him with my first pick.

Thoughts?

Is this PPR?

I think regardless I prefer CJ over Forte. Forte's reception could very fell cut in half, so there goes half his receiving yards.

I would take Brown, Julio, Bryant over him as well. In that order.

If it's PPR, then include ODB, Thomas, Calvin, Nelson as people I would take over Forte.

Yep, sorry its PPR @ 1/2 point per.

I like CJ as well. I think there's a slim chance Brown may fall to me but of course can't be certain.

Yeah I mean here's the way I look at Forte this year in my 1/2 point PPR league:

Forte 2014 - 299 points

Forte 2015 (assuming half the receptions and receiving yards) - 234 points

**This would follow an "average" receiving year for Forte**

Julio 2014 - 252 points (and this is slightly disappointing TD production)

Brown 2014 - 332 points

Bryant 2014 - 274 points

You get my point I think. These guys I expect similar or better production for in 2015.

Yea definitely. Makes sense, I'll have to look into it a bit more, thanks for the advice.

In a PPR, I think 7th is a good spot to rope in all the stud WR's. You can get 2 of the 7 I mentioned. Then in the 3rd, pray Jeremy Hill fell or take Morris/Forsett for solid production.

Yeah I no doubt go Brown if there but if not you should be able to get a Lynch or Foster both who I have over Forte due to the loss of Tressman. Granted all 3 of these guys have high mileage on them. This is only if you are dead set on a RB. CJ and Forte are a toss up for me. Worried about a healthy Ball behind Anderson, can't deny Balls production when he is healthy, could cut into some touches for CJ. But I like Dez this year, but at #7 I think you let the draft come to you. Hell it wouldn't be unheard of to see Bell slip with the suspension looming. You might even have an idiot draft a QB. You know your league, you know the guys....if it is a RB heavy league I think you got to go RB first or second round, too much drop off if you don't get one in the first or second round for my tastes, full point PPR you could make it work but .5, still like that 1 stud RB!

Go with Forte. Get that elite RB first, then worry about everything else later.

Go with Forte. Get that elite RB first, then worry about everything else later.

I dont know why my brain is trained like this. In my league it's QB-WR-WR-RB-RB-TE-Flex(RB/WR)-K-DEF and most of the other people like to draft RB's early. I keep thinking Forte will have a pretty good season (he is the Bears workhorse) and at 7th pick, I'd put him right on the cusp of being grouped with those other "Top 5" RB's. Hell, I think a lot of people would argue he's there with them as well.

Even so, if I am lucky enough to get Jordy or AJ or (if I can get lucky) Calvin with my 2nd pick I would be pretty content with the foundation of my team resting upon that RB & WR combo.

I need to look into it a bit more, maybe some more ideas will pop out in time.

In the end, you have to go with your gut. Forte is a safe pick, along with those WR's. I tend to lean toward younger guys who havent seemily reached their prime, but it's burned me before.

In the end, you have to go with your gut. Forte is a safe pick, along with those WR's. I tend to lean toward younger guys who havent seemily reached their prime, but it's burned me before.

Thanks. I will also just have to wait and see how my draft plays out. Maybe the others ahead of me have a different strategy as well and I can get lucky some how.

I dont really like taking Gronk or any of the other WR's first.

If you don't like Gronk then I think you should follow your heart. But it's a mistake to just bunch him up with the WRs. He's the only elite option at TE.

There will be RBs available late. i.e. a guy like Frank Gore is quite likely to beat out at least a few of the "top ranked" RB1s imo.

I dont really like taking Gronk or any of the other WR's first.

If you don't like Gronk then I think you should follow your heart. But it's a mistake to just bunch him up with the WRs. He's the only elite option at TE.

There will be RBs available late. i.e. a guy like Frank Gore is quite likely to beat out at least a few of the "top ranked" RB1s imo.

Im thinking that I may be able to get Jimmy Graham in the 3rd round. If I can pull that off and have a nice RB / WR / TE combo for my first 3 picks I'd be very pleased.

Do most people like CJ Anderson over Forte? Would it be a mistake to draft CJ Anderson @ 7?

I dont like Murray so much this year.... McCoy, ehhh I dunno. Forte was my first thought @ 7 but is taking CJ there a stretch?

I'd go Julio and aim for another wr1 2nd Rd and a rb like gore, miller, or Ingram in the 3rd

I'd go Julio and aim for another wr1 2nd Rd and a rb like gore, miller, or Ingram in the 3rd

I agree. If one of the top 5 RBs fall then go for that. If not I like taking one of the top WRs. Brown, Dez, Julio or DT.

I recently had a similar pick where Forte and Julio were available to me (1pt PPR) and I went with Julio. Not saying Forte won't work out but I just liked the idea of a stud WR in PPR.

i'd rather have cj anderson than forte

Agreed, just be sure to get M. Ball too. Never trust a particular Broncos back, trust the system. I think Brown is going way too high- Pitt has a lot of targets and they will spread it around more this year.

I'm not a big Forte fan this year. I owned him last year and he was great but it was mostly b/c of his receiving. With Trestman gone I think his numbers go down. Thanks for the help on mine.

CJ should be available in the 7th. I'd take him over Forte.

CJ in Kubiak PPR friendly system. Forte no longer in Trestman system and at some point his age is going to catch up with him.

I'd also take CJ over Forte, but I'd probably be more inclined to take 2 stud WRs and hope for miller, gore in the 3rd.

Thanks for mine!

Thanks for the help. Yeah I would go with Anderson as well - but man Brown and another stud on the turn would be pretty sick.

Bears passed more under trestman and with the loss of Kevin white and headcase brandon marshall demainding throws, I like Forte this year. I dont think his receptions are going to decrease, it seems to work well with him. That being said I'd take Forte at 7 unless AP Charles Bell, Lacy are gone.

I like taking a RB in the first because WR are a dime a dozen.

I think I'd go RB first, you can still get a top WR in the second, and the RB's go much faster, so I'd snag one of them up first. In PPR, I think I like Forte over Anderson. I'm not convinced the Denver role wont be a committee with Anderson, Hillman and Ball. With Forte, it's all him, and the loss of White, certainly doesn't hurt Forte.