Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elite

Drafting 7th, 12 Team League

At 7, I really like the Julio pick. I just do not feel great about CJ or Forte this year. Doing some mock drafts at 7, you can grab Julio in the 1st then another great WR or top10 RB in the 2nd.

All these people dogging Forte. Remember last year when Lynch was similarly dogged before the start of the season? I think we remember what happened there. Forte remains an elite option, certainly more so than unproven CJ Anderson, and will put many naysayers in their place. You can't go wrong with RB or WR1 at 7, and doubling up on elite WRs and then gunning for Lamar Miller or Alfred Morris is a great idea, too. Personally, I've lost more to elite WR corps blowing up in particular weeks than anything else, so I think that's the safer option of the two, though both are worthwhile.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=531811

I would go with CJ over Forte, but both are solid. If A Brown falls to you then you go with WR, otherwise go with CJ. If CJ is gone I would take Forte over all the other WR's who you can probably grab with next pick as you said.

Thanks for the input everyone. This draft isnt for another week so I'm still weighing out options and trying to see what other people may be thinking about doing :ph34r:

I'd take CJ or Hill over Forte, but if I was in this spot & Brown and the big five RBs are gone...I'm taking Dez. I think he's the next best player.

I'd take CJ or Hill over Forte, but if I was in this spot & Brown and the big five RBs are gone...I'm taking Dez. I think he's the next best player.

That's quite the reach, and a strategy best suited for later picks (9 or later, imo). It just doesn't pan out well for the next few rounds.

I like CJ, Demarco, or go WR/WR...Julio/Green is a strong start

I would go with CJ over Forte, but both are solid. If A Brown falls to you then you go with WR, otherwise go with CJ. If CJ is gone I would take Forte over all the other WR's who you can probably grab with next pick as you said.

this is exactly what i would do,

At 7 at .5 PPR, I would go Jeremy Hill (unless Antonio Brown drops), and then best available WR in the 2nd, maybe AJ Green. People are sleeping on hill a little bit this year.

I'd also rather have CJ Forte. I would definitely not take Forte this year at 7th. Too high. Especially only in half PPR. He's going to see less targets too this year.

I would really really emplore you to take Gronk at 7. His positional scarcity is THROUGH THE ROOF this year.

i am drafting at 7 in a standard keeper?contract league I got forte in rnd 1, mccoy in rnd 2, and had ty hilton left for me in rnd 3.

let the draft dictate what you do because you have no choice in that aspect and pay attention to the flow of the draft and what each team in front and behind you, needs are

I drafted Forte at 7th. I honestly didn't even think too much about it. Grabbing a RB first seemed like the best choice. WR talent is deeper. Managed to Snag Julio 2nd round, and TY in the 3rd.

I would take the best available WR if the elite RB's are gone.

I prefer CJ over Forte as well. If not CJ, then Gronk or Brown if he falls to you.

I would go with Brown or Dez at 7. Then grab the best RB available in round 2.

I drafted Forte at 7th. I honestly didn't even think too much about it. Grabbing a RB first seemed like the best choice. WR talent is deeper. Managed to Snag Julio 2nd round, and TY in the 3rd.

You are lucky to grab Julio in the 2nd, I wish that could happen for me. I will most likely just end up seeing how the draft plays out and take best available player. I have a feeling one of those top 5 RB's may fall to me and if not hopefully Brown. Thanks for all the help everyone.

I would go with best available there. I had 9th in my draft and grabbed DT and wanted to take a RB in the 2nd, but couldn't pass on Alshon. I think you could still get Forte, CJ or Hill in the 2nd, especially if it is a 10 or 12 man. Gronk is also hard to pass up in the first.

I'd go best WR in the 1st and RB in 2nd. Ours is 14-team and Hill/Anderson, etc... lasted into the 2nd because people didn't buy them.

I Forte isn't a bad pick at that slot, so I'm not going to bash you over the head. However, I think you could probably grab Julio, Dez, DT, or A. Brown with the #7, and get CJ Anderson, Jeremy Hill, or possibly even Matt Forte with your next pick.