Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robrain

2015 Team Defense/ST and Kicker Thread

I dropped the Jets to stream the Colts week 1.

I dropped the Eagles in a league that does not put a lot of emphasis on PA/YA to stream the Colts for 4 weeks

Also love me some Bengals early on

In a league that only deducts points for Points Allowed, not for Yards Allowed.

Currently have the Jets but on the wire sits the Ravens, Colts and Vikings.

Thoughts?

Streaming TB week 1? Or Indy and Bengals are also available ?

im currently rolling with the bengals against oak but that could easily change between now and kickoff...

what do you guys think of dropping the worst BN player before week 1 for IND dst for weeks 2,3,4? IND is playing NYJ, TEN, JAX, respectively

Anyone looking at Def By Comittee this year? Love the Dolphins through the first like 6 weeks or so. But after the first six weeks are there any defensive units with good strings of like 3-4 poor offensive teams in a row to plan for?

Streaming TB week 1? Or Indy and Bengals are also available ?

Im looking at TB also.

Wouldn't trust TB. Especially going against a mobile QB like Mariota.

After reading this page, I decided to drop the Panthers for the Colts to stream the first few games. Colts play the Bills week 1, but the Panthers play the Jags. Should I get back the Panthers for week 1 and hope the Colts are still there for week 2? I'd rather not use a waiver claim so early on a defense, so I'm thinking keeping the Colts is best.

After reading this page, I decided to drop the Panthers for the Colts to stream the first few games. Colts play the Bills week 1, but the Panthers play the Jags. Should I get back the Panthers for week 1 and hope the Colts are still there for week 2? I'd rather not use a waiver claim so early on a defense, so I'm thinking keeping the Colts is best.

I had a hard decision, mine was dropping the Jets for the Colts. I still went for the Colts.

I'm planning to roll with the Colts for the first four weeks, but I'll admit I am getting nervous about Week 1. The Colts D is a bit banged up and the Bills seem to be getting healthy just in time. If the Bills can ground and pound and control the clock, they may not have to throw the ball much. It's also possible that the Bills could prevent the Colts from jumping out to a big lead. Andrew Luck has only played one game against a Rex Ryan defense, and that was back in his rookie year (2012). He went 22/44, 280 yds, 0TD 2INT. Not good. That's 7.2 points. I dunno. I like the four week play, but this one feels like a trap game.

Not sure I'm on board with the colts. It's bound to be a low scoring game, but the bills offense might not turn it over. Tyrod can avoid sacks by scrambling and their run game could have some long drives against that soft defense. vontae against watkins is a positive.

I really like the Vikings defense this year. Lot of younger guys who I think are ready to take the next step with Griffen, Floyd, Robinson, Barr, Greenway, Harrison and Rhodes. Plus Zimmer's defenses are usually good for some sacks and turnovers. Patterson may not be great from scrimmage but he's a heck of a returner. The schedule isn't prohibitively difficult outside of the Denver and Green Bay match ups.

You guys pick kickers on what base?

- Playing vs a tough def so they get stopped a lot for long FG's?

- Playing vs an easy def so they get the ball a lot near the endzone for FG's / +1's.

- Playing with a great offense so they score a lot of TD's

- Playing with a weak offense so they get stopped a lot for long FG's?

- Other reason

- Playing vs an easy def so they get the ball a lot near the endzone for FG's / +1's.

- Other reason

I usually dont stream kickers. I was able to snatch up McManus off my freeagent list as he went undrafted in my 12 teamer for some strange reason.

I'm not sure if I should sit tight on Novak since he was released and may find another team, or just go get Folk/Josh Brown/ Prater/McManus/Nugent/Gano/Catanzaro/Scobee/Chargers new kicker/Dolhpins new kicker/Sturgis if he lands with another team. Lots of options I just don't know what to do with

- Other reason

Dart board.

I'm looking at some potential streamers. I typically like teams playing at home playing against bad offenses, but there are two match ups this week I'm considering the away team vs teams with issues on offense. Both of these teams aren't universally owned and in two of my ten team leagues they're available.

Green bay @ Chicago. Vegas has Green Bay as heavy favorites. Although it's projected to be high scoring, I just don't feel Chicago can keep up, and Cutler can be a turn over machine when forced to throw.

Philly @ Atlanta. Another projected high scoring game, Philly are slight favorites. I think Philly's fearsome front seven will terrorize Matt Ryan, Atlanta is pretty one dimensional and has serious o-line issues.

Jets vs Browns. Projected to be a close game, but I like the Jets at home. Really nothing to fear on offense from the Browns, Jets personel wise are pretty legit. If Fitzpatrick can limit the turnovers, they could make McCown look like a McClown (sorry)

Jacksonville vs Panthers. Kind of going against Vegas on this one. Panthers are a mess, Cam doesn't have a lot of tools on offense. It figures to be low scoring.

San Fran seems like a good D to roll out at home vs Min this week. No?

San Fran seems like a good D to roll out at home vs Min this week. No?

Id rather do MN against SF. Though haynes@ returner is juicy. But MN defense has been pretty legit and SF has lost a lot of studs

only got question for one league, denver def week 1 or miami def

not worried at all about houston defense in other league, probably keep em all year. Any unit with JJ Watt is money in the bank, he'll make QB's **** themselves

only got question for one league, denver def week 1 or miami def

not worried at all about houston defense in other league, probably keep em all year. Any unit with JJ Watt is money in the bank, he'll make QB's **** themselves

I'm kind of inclined to recommend Denver's D at home against a pretty blah offense that hasn't gotten better, probably worse in the off season. Flacco tends to play worse on the road. Baltimore should be playing from behind increasing the likelihood of sacks and turnovers.

BRONCOS VS BAL

VIKINGS @ SF

CHIEFS @ HOU

BENGALS @ OAK

49ERS VS MIN

BUCANEERS VS TEN

WHICH D WEEK 1?