Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robrain

2015 Team Defense/ST and Kicker Thread

The Rams match up all comes down to containing Gurley, which teams have done lately. The Rams just fired their OC though, so the shake up could make their passing offense more productive than usual next week. Which would make Gurley a much bigger threat.

Indi might be starting Whitehurst, which would be a good match up to exploit.

Would you guys consider dropping Santos for any of the following?

Catanzaro
Boswell
Prater?

I like them in that order

What do you guys think about dropping the Denver defense for the playoffs? I have a bye week, so Weeks 15 and 16 are the only ones that matter. They play CIN and PIT, two juggernauts. I don't see this defense even slowing those offenses down.

What do you guys think about dropping the Denver defense for the playoffs? I have a bye week, so Weeks 15 and 16 are the only ones that matter. They play CIN and PIT, two juggernauts. I don't see this defense even slowing those offenses down.

As a denver owner also, i do not want to start them against those 2 teams week 15-16

IM considering grabbing tampa bay, Detroit, Jets , colts off of waivers.

Would you guys consider dropping Santos for any of the following?

Catanzaro

Boswell

Prater?

I like them in that order

Same predicament. Need to replace McManus and I have those above as options.

Last week, I randomly had a hunch and thought why not pick up Prater, but ended up sticking with McAnus because the variables seemed to be lining up. With that said, Prater seems solid, but Boswell and Catanzaro are part of potent offenses that move the ball down the field. I'm leaning slightly towards Boswell, even though he doesn't hit extra points as often as other teams, he's had plenty of opportunities for FG's to make up for it. Catanzaro is a safe bet for 9+ points a week, so might stick with him depending on my roster and what I need.

Who do you guys have?

Agree with you, Boswell is really temping!

This was was the first of mine with Santos, so i dont feel attatched at all so dropping him won't destroy me in anyway.

But yes, i do like Catanzaro and Boswell alot, both over Prater just due to their offence.

I own David Johnson and will be playing him in flex, question is now. Will getting Catanzaro have any positive/negative effects with me having johnson in my lineup now? thanks

week 15 defense - Tampa@Stl , Vikings vs Bears , Jets@Dallas

week 16 defense - Lions vs SF , Tampa vs Bears, Pitt@Baltimore, Titans vs Houston

Who do you like?

Agree with you, Boswell is really temping!

This was was the first of mine with Santos, so i dont feel attatched at all so dropping him won't destroy me in anyway.

But yes, i do like Catanzaro and Boswell alot, both over Prater just due to their offence.

I own David Johnson and will be playing him in flex, question is now. Will getting Catanzaro have any positive/negative effects with me having johnson in my lineup now? thanks

i used boswell last week vs indy and i know a lot of people have steered clear because pit goes for 2 a lot, but at the end of the day, youre probably not going to win or lose your game due to extra points. kickers are all about fgs and pitts offense is cruising right now, both for tds and fgs. i think hes as good as you can get off the ww this point in the year.

Is there anything to worry about with Yahoo adjusting their scoring of NE DST for week 13?

Yahoo currently has NE DST surrendering 28-34 points, which usually triggers negative points for most leagues (mine included). However, 6 of those 28-35 points (not counting XP which counts against) was on a blocked punt returned for a TD by PHI.

Does that get overturned to not counting as points surrendered by NE DST? I'm sure many games, mine included would be affected.

Is there anything to worry about with Yahoo adjusting their scoring of NE DST for week 13?

Yahoo currently has NE DST surrendering 28-34 points, which usually triggers negative points for most leagues (mine included). However, 6 of those 28-35 points (not counting XP which counts against) was on a blocked punt returned for a TD by PHI.

Does that get overturned to not counting as points surrendered by NE DST? I'm sure many games, mine included would be affected.

DST means defense and special teams... all points given up count against the team.

DST means defense and special teams... all points given up count against the team.

I just won by ONE focking point so I hope you're right! If not, and NE DST gets a scoring change I'll lose by one. Fml.

It's not the blocked punt that would change things but the pick 6. That shouldn't fall on the D/ST.

It's not the blocked punt that would change things but the pick 6. That shouldn't fall on the D/ST.

Yeah not worried about the pick 6 because even without that NE has 29 against (counting XP of pick 6). If that holds I'm good, but if the blocked punt TD is treated the same way for some ungodly reason , then the points against fall to 23 and would remove the negative points.

Man, Josh Brown did not pan out.

Especially with Bailey and Nugent lighting it up.

Barth has been mentioned... Who else this week?

Also, Bucs look like a decent stream at home against NO, but there must be some less risky options.

I just won by ONE focking point so I hope you're right! If not, and NE DST gets a scoring change I'll lose by one. Fml.

I lost my byeweek due to your win. Also that onside kick recovery doesn't count while it should as a fumble imo? Don't see the difference with a fumble in a kick return (which does counts).

For streamers: I like Lions vs St. Louis this week. I also like NYJ vs Titans, but that's a more tricky one due to Mariota shaking up things, Revis should be back tho.

week 15 defense - Tampa@Stl , Vikings vs Bears , Jets@Dallas

week 16 defense - Lions vs SF , Tampa vs Bears, Pitt@Baltimore, Titans vs Houston

Who do you like?

I'm jealous you have these good options. I'd go with:

15 - NYJ @ DAL (TB @ STL is decent)

16 - PIT @ BAL

Which K for week 15 and potentially 16? I have a bye this week for the playoffs.

Santos- @BAL, CLE

Boswell- DEN, @BAL

Prater- @NO, SF

Here is a horrible idea, start TB against the Saints after the Saints just lit up the Panthers D. Thanks Yahoo!

LtYMB0j.png

Man, Josh Brown did not pan out.

Especially with Bailey and Nugent lighting it up.

Barth has been mentioned... Who else this week?

Also, Bucs look like a decent stream at home against NO, but there must be some less risky options.

Just look at Josh Brown's season of scoring. He puts up a goose egg every couple of weeks, usually on the road.

Barth has been missing FGs of late and can't be trusted.

Is Catanzaro available?

Which K for week 15 and potentially 16? I have a bye this week for the playoffs.

Santos- @BAL, CLE

Boswell- DEN, @BAL

Prater- @NO, SF

I was worried about Prater because of the Lions offense, but he has come on lately. The Lions offense simplified things and they are getting scoring opportunities. Prater was automatic in Denver and is an accurate long FG kicker. I like him of those 3.

Santos- @BAL, CLE

Boswell- DEN, @BAL

Prater- @NO, SF

I was worried about Prater because of the Lions offense, but he has come on lately. The Lions offense simplified things and they are getting scoring opportunities. Prater was automatic in Denver and is an accurate long FG kicker. I like him of those 3.

He's indoors for both games too, which is nice in December.