Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robrain

2015 Team Defense/ST and Kicker Thread

I just dropped Josh Brown for Boswell. Coughlin makes some boneheaded moves, going for it on 4th down when they should take the easy points. Has done this so many times this year. I have the first round bye and brown at Carolina looks bad. I'd rather roll with the guy on the better offense. Although, I'm wondering if I should drop Boswell for prater now?

My playoff streaming is likely going to be NYJ vs. Dallas next week and then Houston vs. Ten week 16.

you make a great point. considering dropping brown for boswell as well. worried about another eli off game and he lays a clunker.

So this is a nice problem to have, but KC vs San Diego or Denver vs Oak. After what they did to SD on the road a few weeks ago, I'm leaning KC at home when SD hasn't gotten any healthier, and has actually gotten worse. I do wonder how common it is for blowouts like that to happen both times division rivals face off in a year though. Avoiding that seems like the sort of thing that could motivate a team. Then again, see the Browns and Bengals games from this year.

Prater or Boswell ROS? I rather not stream week to week anymore and just lock in with 1 solid Kicker. Santos is available but that's it

Prater is the better play, all dome games and det is finally moving the ball

So this is a nice problem to have, but KC vs San Diego or Denver vs Oak. After what they did to SD on the road a few weeks ago, I'm leaning KC at home when SD hasn't gotten any healthier, and has actually gotten worse. I do wonder how common it is for blowouts like that to happen both times division rivals face off in a year though. Avoiding that seems like the sort of thing that could motivate a team. Then again, see the Browns and Bengals games from this year.

I own and am starting both in different leagues. Denver gets the nod for me, less because of being the strongest of the 2 units, than for the likelihood of creating the points scoring plays. Carr melted down in the 4th quarter last week getting worse as he fell behind and L. Murray has ball security issues. Add in the likelihood of sacks and it would surprise if a Chiefs D lacking it's best playmaker can match Denver's production. Good luck.

Thought NE had a choice schedule for the playoffs, but they've been pretty awful defensively lately. Unfortunately, left things a little late and the defensive pickings are slim. Should I stream through the playoffs or rely on the Pats?

Available options this week: St. Louis, Washington, San Fran, NYG, Indy, and that's pretty much it.

Thought NE had a choice schedule for the playoffs, but they've been pretty awful defensively lately. Unfortunately, left things a little late and the defensive pickings are slim. Should I stream through the playoffs or rely on the Pats?

Available options this week: St. Louis, Washington, San Fran, NYG, Indy, and that's pretty much it.

Pats dude. Come on

Any idea on how Cards D will fair against the Vikes tonight? I have them but also have Panthers D vs the Falcons. Leaning towards starting the Panthers.. Anyone?

Any idea on how Cards D will fair against the Vikes tonight? I have them but also have Panthers D vs the Falcons. Leaning towards starting the Panthers.. Anyone?

Good choices. I'm not convinced last week's poor play against the Saints is indicative of a Panthers decline and Atlanta has become pretty easy to defend. Still, I prefer Arizona. Combine AP's complaints with the leanings of the coaches and you have a hopeless commitment to the run. Minnesota isn't built for playing effectively from behind.

Boswell or Barth?

TB @ home against NO.

Only concern is TB just steam rolling

same options. im leaning barth against no defense that gives up a ton of points...its really a coin flip...

Kicker for week 15/16? I have a bye week.

Currently have Hauscha but he's been bad.

Boswell, Catanzaro, Santos, Myers?

For The Answer- Jacksonville at home against the Colts, easily. Houston's offense is solid and the Giants D just isn't very good.

Should I play the Bucs D against the Saints minus Ingram, or the Redskins D in Chicago?

Detroit or KC this week? Rams offense us atrocious and has Keenan starting. Rankings say KC, but I'd bet rivers offense does better then the rams

pats

jax

nyg

who do you like this week?

Poor choices. Jax can't make basic defensive plays. The Giants are basically last in every meaningful defensive metric. The Pats have a lot of holes as well, but are not the worst of a sorry lot.

pats

jax

nyg

who do you like this week?

Poor choices. Jax can't make basic defensive plays. The Giants are basically last in every meaningful defensive metric. The Pats have a lot of holes as well, but are not the worst of a sorry lot.

NYG also have 8 games in double digit points.

Does anyone like TB @ STL week 15? As it stands my plan is to do that and then go with the Lions vs 49ers week 16 if I make it that far. The bears or giants seem to be my only other conceivable options week 16. I also own STL but I don't think I can start them at this point.

Drop Josh brown for Boswell or prater? I could possibly own 2 of these 3 and pick the better one for each week. I have a bye this week. I'm thinking prater vs NO and then brown vs MINbut Boswell vs BAL is probably good too. I'm not sure what to do but I'm pretty sure brown vs CAR is not the answer

Are the jags a sneaky stream this week? Saints all ready struggling and now they lost cooks and Ingram

Are the jags a sneaky stream this week? Saints all ready struggling and now they lost cooks and Ingram

Whoops. Meant Tampa def

what are some week 15 and 16 DST stashes? Denver has been hot lately but i'd like some more options

Cincy has a tough week 14 match up especially when you consider they'll likely be without Pacman Jones so they might get dropped in a lot of leagues, but they get the 49ers and the Broncos weeks 15 and 16. Hopefully they get healthy before then. Neither of those teams are dynamic high scoring offenses, Gabbert and Osweiler have had some tendencies to turn the ball over in the past and take sacks.

nasty weather on the horizon in Chicago and Cleveland ... all 4 defenses involved should make for very solid plays.

in order: Bears >> Niners > Skins >>>> Brownies

Lions (@STL, NO, SF) or Dolphins (NYG, @SD, IND) ROS?

Dolphins have mostly been a downer this season, despite a talent laden defense. I say Lions.