Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robrain

2015 Team Defense/ST and Kicker Thread

Are the jags a sneaky stream this week? Saints all ready struggling and now they lost cooks and Ingram

Whoops. Meant Tampa def

You had it right the first time.

Missed on a K again this week. Thanks for the 2 points Prater. Any strategy for picking a kicker next week?

On the flipside, 8 points from GB is the most Ive got from a streamer in a few weeks now. Too bad my week is already lost.

Got 7 ptsfrom hoyer and my k, wish idgone boswel,i need another 30+ game from millertomorrow night and parker too

Missed on a K again this week. Thanks for the 2 points Prater. Any strategy for picking a kicker next week?

On the flipside, 8 points from GB is the most Ive got from a streamer in a few weeks now. Too bad my week is already lost.

Got 7 ptsfrom hoyer and my k, wish idgone boswel,i need another 30+ game from millertomorrow night and parker too

I'll be grabbing Catanzaro hopefully this week. He's now the #2 ranked K in my standard NFL.com league. He's scored 7+ in every game since week 6, making at least 2 fg's a game the last 8 weeks. Really good kicker on a really good offense. Time to stop getting cute with the Barths and Praters and just pick a guy on a team that is going to move the ball at a high rate and create as many scoring opportunities as possible.

Here's to not having back-to-back 2 point weeks from my kicker again...

I'll be grabbing Catanzaro hopefully this week. He's now the #2 ranked K in my standard NFL.com league. He's scored 7+ in every game since week 6, making at least 2 fg's a game the last 8 weeks. Really good kicker on a really good offense. Time to stop getting cute with the Barths and Praters and just pick a guy on a team that is going to move the ball at a high rate and create as many scoring opportunities as possible.

Chris Boswell not available?

He is, and he was the only other guy I was considering. You like him over Cat the next two weeks? At home against Denver, then on the road against Baltimore is his remaining schedule. Weather looks fine for both games in the forecast. On the flipside Cat is at Philly, and at home against Green Bay to close things out.

He is, and he was the only other guy I was considering. You like him over Cat the next two weeks? At home against Denver, then on the road against Baltimore is his remaining schedule. Weather looks fine for both games in the forecast. On the flipside Cat is at Philly, and at home against Green Bay to close things out.

I guess you really cant go wrong with either. Boswell is just the hotter kicker right now.

How well do you think they will be able to move the ball against Denver? I could see that being a game of fg's with that stout Denver D.

The Steelers will be the most potent offense Denver has faced. I think Denver might have some trouble. The concern with Boswell will be kicking conditions at Pitt and other remaining away games outdoors. Baltimore and Cleveland in December may not be good kicking conditions either.

Every time I come into this thread to scope out a streamer Kicker I always get shafted, hard. Barth, Santos, and now Prater all duds after their apparent healthy streaks. I actually ended up losing my fantasy playoffs by less than a point and I am blaming it all on Praters 2pt performance.

Play ____, they said. It will be fine, they said. :rolleyes:

The Steelers will be the most potent offense Denver has faced. I think Denver might have some trouble. The concern with Boswell will be kicking conditions at Pitt and other remaining away games outdoors. Baltimore and Cleveland in December may not be good kicking conditions either.

Must not live on the East Coast... it was 70 degrees here in PA yesterday. Haha

Extended forecast for the Burgh has it at mid-40s with 10 mph winds on Sunday.

I live an hour outside of Baltimore in PA and the forecast for Christmas weekend is mid to high 60s!

El' Nino may save Boswell's value down the stretch.

Must not live on the East Coast... it was 70 degrees here in PA yesterday. Haha

Extended forecast for the Burgh has it at mid-40s with 10 mph winds on Sunday.

I live an hour outside of Baltimore in PA and the forecast for Christmas weekend is mid to high 60s!

El' Nino may save Boswell's value down the stretch.

Used to live in Philly. Been living in Tampa for a few years now. Looks like the NE is getting Florida weather.

week 15 options:

miami @ sd

jax vs atl

tb @ stl

minn vs chi

who do you guys like?

Every time I come into this thread to scope out a streamer Kicker I always get shafted, hard. Barth, Santos, and now Prater all duds after their apparent healthy streaks. I actually ended up losing my fantasy playoffs by less than a point and I am blaming it all on Praters 2pt performance.

Play ____, they said. It will be fine, they said. :rolleyes:

Happens to the best of us man. I dropped Tucker last year and he had 22 the following week...

week 15 options:

miami @ sd

jax vs atl

tb @ stl

minn vs chi

who do you guys like?

Been holding onto TB for a couple weeks for their St. Louis game, but San Diego's offensive line has looked like a sieve lately, Miami could be a sneaky good play.

week 15 options:

miami @ sd

jax vs atl

tb @ stl

minn vs chi

who do you guys like?

Been holding onto TB for a couple weeks for their St. Louis game, but San Diego's offensive line has looked like a sieve lately, Miami could be a sneaky good play.

Im grabbing mia

Miami lacks the ability to defend much of anything so it's a question of how deficient the opponent is. Last night the Giants, despite a horrible OLine, had sufficient weapons to lay 30+ on Miami and one had the sense it would have been 40+ had that much been needed.

Next week? Short week of preparation on the road vs a determined Rivers I wouldn't bank my playoff hopes on such a pitiful DST. But, no question, as bad as the Giants OLine is, the Chargers' is worse and there's always the question of whether Rivers will have viable weapons to throw to. Defense in significant part, however, is effort and I'm not seeing a lot from this down and out group nor would I expect a Renaissance in 6 days. Pass.

Carolina vs NY Giants

or

New England vs Titans

You shouldn't go wrong with either. Both are coming off very strong games. The Giants are playing for the postseason so figure to be the more dangerous opponent, particularly if Eli plays like he did last night. But it's equally conceivable that the Eli that shows up does his best Jay Cutler turnover machine imitation. If I viewed my team as the underdog I'd likely start Carolina praying for the Bad Eli to show up. As the favorite I'd start the Pats. Good luck.

Which road defense: Bengals (@ 9rs) or Chiefs (@Ravens)?

Keep rolling with KC. Their only game under 11 points since week 7 was against the Bills. The Ravens have been ravaged by injuries and are starting Ryan Mallet this week.

Houston may be back this week also.

Houston D vs the Colts or Broncos D vs the Steelers?

Probably the only week I'd consider sitting the Broncos defense this season. It could be a shoot out. Steelers have been putting up ridiculous offense yardage lately.

Go Houston.

Houston D vs the Colts or Broncos D vs the Steelers?

Probably the only week I'd consider sitting the Broncos defense this season. It could be a shoot out. Steelers have been putting up ridiculous offense yardage lately.

Go Houston.

I'm sticking with the Broncos this week. It will be interesting to see how Denver plays after the Raiders surprise last week. Ben can be subject to turnover clusters and this defense is as good as it gets.

While Houston was less than convincing last week, the Pats D played about as well as it's capable of playing. I doubt there's any hangover against the Colts. It's such a money game, however, that I'm not that inclined to believe that Houston will rise above its tendency to fade when horseshoe helmets are visible.

I'd play Denver.