Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robrain

2015 Team Defense/ST and Kicker Thread

Houston D vs the Colts or Broncos D vs the Steelers?

Probably the only week I'd consider sitting the Broncos defense this season. It could be a shoot out. Steelers have been putting up ridiculous offense yardage lately.

Go Houston.

I'm sticking with the Broncos this week. It will be interesting to see how Denver plays after the Raiders surprise last week. Ben can be subject to turnover clusters and this defense is as good as it gets.

While Houston was less than convincing last week, the Pats D played about as well as it's capable of playing. I doubt there's any hangover against the Colts. It's such a money game, however, that I'm not that inclined to believe that Houston will rise above its tendency to fade when horseshoe helmets are visible.

I'd play Denver.

Denver here for me too.

Drop DEN D and pickup and play PITT ROS? Mostly worried about this week of course. Just think the Denver offense is terrible and Pitt offense is killer... thoughts? WHIR, leave link, thanks!

I have both Cincy and Pitt defense. I need to drop one to make room for a waiver claim. Which would you drop? Cincy has @SF and then @DEN while Pitt is DEN then @BAL. WHIR!!!

I have both Cincy and Pitt defense. I need to drop one to make room for a waiver claim. Which would you drop? Cincy has @SF and then @DEN while Pitt is DEN then @BAL. WHIR!!!

I'd rather have Pitt for both weeks... Cincy would be preferable this week, but if you can only hold one Pitt will do fine this week and @Baltimore is an incredibly juicy matchup. Nice options, wish my championship competition didn't have Pittsburgh as well...

Anyone with some insight on Tampa Bay@StL or Miami@SD this week?

Im stashing those two defenses for a while

since ravens lost flacco i picked up steelers for week16 matchup

and now i do know what is the best bet

what do u guys think ?

JETS on the road against DALLAS

or

STEELERS home game vs DENVER

Im stashing those two defenses for a while

since ravens lost flacco i picked up steelers for week16 matchup

and now i do know what is the best bet

what do u guys think ?

JETS on the road against DALLAS

or

STEELERS home game vs DENVER

Same exact boat. Leaning Jets. Cowboys strength is running the ball and run stopping is the jets strength. Best in the league at doing so. NY's humming on offense and could potentially force Cassel and The Boys to throw a lot to keep up. Which they dont do well.

I wish it was a home game, but the matchup is great for them still.

I'd go with TB vs StL. That miami D can really be hit or miss and StL has a bottom offense in the league. TB should also be able to hold Gurley in check with a very solid run defense.

Chiefs @ BAL

or

Bengals @SF

Leaning Chiefs.

I think I would lean Chiefs too. It's very close though...

Chiefs @ BAL, NE vs. TEN, PIT vs. DEN?

Chiefs or Pats is my choice point. The Steelers could well be a trap given the passing game vulnerability and the high risk that Denver's D turns over the Steelers in favorable field positions. I lean Chiefs given the Ravens woeful offense, but the Pats are at home and looked formidable last week. You don't figure to go wrong either way.

Chiefs or Pats is my choice point. The Steelers could well be a trap given the passing game vulnerability and the high risk that Denver's D turns over the Steelers in favorable field positions. I lean Chiefs given the Ravens woeful offense, but the Pats are at home and looked formidable last week. You don't figure to go wrong either way.

Good points, thanks. Think I'll go with the Chiefs for upside, since like you mentioned they are both pretty safe options this week.

ughhhh guys - do I go with the Broncos D @ Pitt, or the Steelers' D at home vs Den?????

I seriously can't decide what to do - I've been riding the Denver D all year, but the Steelers D has put up some big numbers the past two games (especially at home against Ind w/ a s---y QB), and they're playing at home against Brock on Sunday...

what to do?

I prefer Denver for the reasons stated above. If you watched last week's Raiders game you got a taste of what that defense can do: minus 15 yards total offense to a reasonable offense at the half.

Prater @ NO (had been dong really well up until last game, but DET is facing a pretty bad NO defense and they are playing in a dome)

or

Boswell vs DEN (been the hottest kicker lately by scoring double digits the last 5 weeks, but PIT is playing the best defense in the NFL, although PIT's offense has been on fire lately)

Prater @ NO (had been dong really well up until last game, but DET is facing a pretty bad NO defense and they are playing in a dome)

or

Boswell vs DEN (been the hottest kicker lately by scoring double digits the last 5 weeks, but PIT is playing the best defense in the NFL, although PIT's offense has been on fire lately)

the Lions really look like they packed it in on offense and didn't care much last week. I dropped Prater for Boswell

Boswell or Santos this week?

Im debating on boswell also but im waiting to see what the pitt weather will be like

I prefer Denver for the reasons stated above. If you watched last week's Raiders game you got a taste of what that defense can do: minus 15 yards total offense to a reasonable offense at the half.

true, but Pitt has been on fire....:o

ughhhh guys - do I go with the Broncos D @ Pitt, or the Steelers' D at home vs Den?????

I seriously can't decide what to do - I've been riding the Denver D all year, but the Steelers D has put up some big numbers the past two games (especially at home against Ind w/ a s---y QB), and they're playing at home against Brock on Sunday...

what to do?

I picked up Pittsburgh and I'm feeling ok about playing them against Denver. Yeah, Pitt's pass defense isn't good, but they've been opportunistic lately and I don't really see Osweiler lighting them up. Oakland held them to 12 points.

Defenses available in my league:

Mia Def @ SD

Was Def vs BUF

Jax Def vs ATL

Min Def vs CHI

Thanks

Looks like unseasonably warm weather in Philly this Sunday. Catanzaro should be good to go ROS. Will check back Fri/Sat to confirm the weather for the Ari/Phi game to see if I need to make a kicker change.