Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robrain

2015 Team Defense/ST and Kicker Thread

Which D for this week? I've got TB vs STL or Redskins vs BUF.

TB. Buffalo isn't great, but can put up a lot of points and yardage. They aren't turning the ball over heavily either. Just look how defenses have faired against Buffalo recently (KC/Houston).

ughhhh guys - do I go with the Broncos D @ Pitt, or the Steelers' D at home vs Den?????

I seriously can't decide what to do - I've been riding the Denver D all year, but the Steelers D has put up some big numbers the past two games (especially at home against Ind w/ a s---y QB), and they're playing at home against Brock on Sunday...

what to do?

I picked up Pittsburgh and I'm feeling ok about playing them against Denver. Yeah, Pitt's pass defense isn't good, but they've been opportunistic lately and I don't really see Osweiler lighting them up. Oakland held them to 12 points.

Pitt's defense has picked it up the last two weeks. Especially the pass coverage. And I think a lot of that has to do with them starting to use Boykin heavily at CB. They traded for him in the preseason and haven't used him much at all until the last two weeks. Boykin has been a starter the last two weeks. Boykin was a top 20 CB by PFF the last two seasons and was ranked #11 in 2013. He only played slot CB for the Eagles though (5'9"). He is manning the slot for Pitt.

Cards D @ PHI or Jets D @ DAL?

I would go cards, jets d is good in real life but fantasy wise have not been the greatest. they are decent this week but slightly favor cards

Denver @ Pitt or TB @ STL?

The points about Denver have been covered pretty well. I still fear Pittsburgh's offense. They seem to find a way to move the ball against anyone; Seattle a few weeks back comes to mind.

TB has a good matchup, but their ability to make big plays is lesser than Denver's. I'm hoping they force Foles into some INTs by going up early.

Anybody starting Connor Barth tomorrow night? He did squat for me last weekend but I'm thinking of keeping him in there. Indoors game, vs a bad offense, I think he could have a lot of FG opps. Tampa seems good enough to move the ball on STL enough to kick field goals. I sure would like one week where my kicker could get me more than 6 pts. Worst luck w kickers this year...

Denver @ Pitt or TB @ STL?

The points about Denver have been covered pretty well. I still fear Pittsburgh's offense. They seem to find a way to move the ball against anyone; Seattle a few weeks back comes to mind.

TB has a good matchup, but their ability to make big plays is lesser than Denver's. I'm hoping they force Foles into some INTs by going up early.

Same situation for me - I'm leaning towards Pitt.

Is it just me or does starting the CAR defense feel like taking candy from a baby? Must start, lock and load every week now.

Pittsburgh is on the wire, I could flip TB for them as well.

So my options are Pittsburgh, Denver and TB. Having a hard time with this.

Kansas City @ Baltimore

or

Cincinnati @ San Francisco??

Leaning towards KC but Cincy at SF is tempting too.. Also are you guys keeping Prater after that dud game since Detroit is playing NO this week?

Saint Louis a good start tomorrow at home against TB?

I've got them and Denver and don't want to work against Pittsburghs offense.

Which DEF for wk 16?

PHI vs WAS

MIA vs IND

CIN @ DEN

HOU @ TEN

if luck doesnt play go with MIA ....

Phi is a toss up, it could go either really well or really bad .....since they are at home id go philly

People are thinking about playing Denver D @ Pitt?

The #1 defense vs a top offense, or a mediocre defense against a bottom offense... I'm chancing it. Good luck to you all.

People are thinking about playing Denver D @ Pitt?

The #1 defense vs a top offense, or a mediocre defense against a bottom offense... I'm chancing it. Good luck to you all.

Who has the most yards of any QB on passes over 15 yards, a desire to try to extend plays and scramble and a seemingly insatiable need to force feed favored targets? Ben. If he can overcome those tendencies he can have a very effective game exploiting tertiary coverage players with Miller, Williams and, possibly, Wheaton. If he relies on basic tendencies turnovers and sacks will be prolific. Denver has a range of possible outcomes this week. But it's very hard to sit a defense that has allowed a total of 2 WR TDs and an average of 11 QB fantasy points on the season facing an offense that relies heavily on the damage its QB and WRs inflict. Fun matchup!

Guys guys guys

JAX @ ATL

or

TB tonight??? HALP

I like neither but would struggle ahead with the Bucs hoping last week's Rams game was a mirage. Jax is purely hoping for turnover miracles which are certainly possible given Indy's recent woes but the problem is Jax can't make basic defensive plays so how do you trust that D in the fantasy semis?

Personally would look for other options besides Denvers D. Yes they're the number one ranked D but that ranking is mostly due to thefirst 6 weeks of the season. .

They struggled against Indy and NE. I see them struggling against Pitt. And I'm a Denver d owner