Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robrain

2015 Team Defense/ST and Kicker Thread

I like neither but would struggle ahead with the Bucs hoping last week's Rams game was a mirage. Jax is purely hoping for turnover miracles which are certainly possible given Indy's recent woes but the problem is Jax can't make basic defensive plays so how do you trust that D in the fantasy semis?

Slim pickings on the wire, appreciate the insight

I like neither but would struggle ahead with the Bucs hoping last week's Rams game was a mirage. Jax is purely hoping for turnover miracles which are certainly possible given Indy's recent woes but the problem is Jax can't make basic defensive plays so how do you trust that D in the fantasy semis?

I honestly like TB. The Rams have no offense outside of Gurley and the Bucs have one of the stingiest run defenses. Sets up well for the Bucs. The Bucs LBs and secondary will probably pick some balls off.

I honestly like TB. The Rams have no offense outside of Gurley and the Bucs have one of the stingiest run defenses. Sets up well for the Bucs. The Bucs LBs and secondary will probably pick some balls off.

I hope this mainly because i am going against gurley in both my semi finals

Should I start Arizona's D or Houston D? I am leaning Arizona but I could really see that game high scoring and just dont think the Colts will move the ball well enough...not sure what to dooo

Chris Boswell or Josh Brown here on out? Worried the panthers are going to shut down the Giants offense like they did to Atlanta

For those starting TB D, Kwon Alexander is suspended correct?

Yep. I'm not happy about starting TB but..I mean..I guess it's the best of the bunch.

For those starting TB D, Kwon Alexander is suspended correct?

Yep. I'm not happy about starting TB but..I mean..I guess it's the best of the bunch.

Yeah, I'm starting STL defense so let's just hope for a low scoring slop fest... I'm super nervous about it but whatever.

I'm rolling with TB tonight. I had STL but dropped them thinking they were not in a good situation and they had been doing badly.

Prater or Boswell this week?

Damn... feel bad about recommending TB. Didn't see that happening.

I mean..at least it wasn't negative points? Kinda crappy but what're ya gunna do, DST is such a crapshoot

So if Whitehurst starts, where does that place HOU for the this week?

Still stuck in the Bengals v. Pitt conundrum.

SF doesn't seem to yield a lot of turnovers/takeaways.... Said an ESPN blurb.

Boswell Pittsburgh or McManus Denver? Playing each other in Pittsburgh. If it was in Denver I would go with McManus, but it's not so who has the higher floor?

I mean..at least it wasn't negative points? Kinda crappy but what're ya gunna do, DST is such a crapshoot

They also had a tipped ball intercepted for a TD when the Rams were backed up inside their own 5. Might have changed the game if they had come down with the ball.

But the defense was torched in the first half by the worst offense in the NFL. And it was passing, because the Rams couldn't run the ball (~2YPC).

They also had a tipped ball intercepted for a TD when the Rams were backed up inside their own 5. Might have changed the game if they had come down with the ball.

But the defense was torched in the first half by the worst offense in the NFL. And it was passing, because the Rams couldn't run the ball (~2YPC).

Who knew that a Rams offense led by Case Keenum could look so dynamic? It was a complete surprise.

Catanzaro

Bullock

Walsh

Boswell

McManus

Which one of these guys do you think has the highest floor which one has the highest ceiling and overall which one would you take first and how would you rank them?

Catanzaro

Bullock

Walsh

Boswell

McManus

Which one of these guys do you think has the highest floor which one has the highest ceiling and overall which one would you take first and how would you rank them?

Cat has the highest floor. Hasn't scored less than 6 all year, and is playing in what is projected to be the highest scoring game of the week.

Ceiling is damn near impossible to say because kickers are sooo dependant on gameflow and incredibly hard to predict. Any of those guys could put up 16 points this week and it wouldn't be a shocker.

Cat and Bos are on two of the three best offenses in the NFL. Both are extremely accurate and will have plenty of scoring opportunities the next two weeks.

Id go Cat > Bos > McManus > Bullock > Walsh

So if Whitehurst starts, where does that place HOU for the this week?

Still stuck in the Bengals v. Pitt conundrum.

SF doesn't seem to yield a lot of turnovers/takeaways.... Said an ESPN blurb.

Gabbert also got sacked like 9 times last week. Hopefully will see 4-5 sacks this week from CIN to make up for that lack of turnovers...

Hoping.

Who knew that a Rams offense led by Case Keenum could look so dynamic? It was a complete surprise.

Yeah, my hope was that if they could stymie Gurley then their offense would crumble with Keenum trying to throw and it would be easy points. Seems like I underestimated how terrible their pass rush and secondary are. Of course, playing after 3-and-outs 80% of the time was probably tough for them, but letting them walk all over them for a touchdown off the first kickoff of the night set a bad tone for the entire game.

My apologies to anyone that I might have suggested playing them to... Hopefully it wasn't the beginning of your championship match like it was for me -_-'

Please help me pick one guys

Bosell vs. Den

Prater vs. NO

Forbath vs. Det

Nugent vs. SF

Hauschka vs. Cle

Santos vs. Bal

Boswell seems like the hot pick this week. Prater seems like the Well, he F***** me last week -- NO seems like a perfect rebound.

I am going meta-contrarian (the only position available when choosing kickers) and rolling with Nugent. A decision that hinges on an inspired defense and a QB that can do everything except succeed in the red zone.

Of course, they could just collapse on the road.

I like Forbath in a dome with the highest line of the week according to Vegas.

Also, Jags moving the ball well, Jason Myers has been putting up points but I understand it is not for the faint of heart.

I like Blair Walsh in the dome and against a middle of the road Chicago defense. Just have a good feeling about him this week.

Minnesota doesn't play in a dome this year. Still feel Blair Walsh is a good start, weather looks alright in Minnesota tomorrow. Minnesota has had troubles in the red zone this year because Teddy hasn't improved and defenses can sniff out the AP run from a mile away.

I'm rolling with Bos in Pittsburgh, think the Steelers will be able to move the ball at home, probably see some advantegous starting field positions and turnovers from Denver and weather looks alright in Pittsburghh tomorrow.

I dropped the Texans defense and am rolling with the Bengals this week. They should have Adam Jones and Leon Hall back this week and Gabbert has started to revert to his old 'hold the ball, roll out and take a sack" ways.

I have to play the Jags D...I really don't want to but I have no other choice but them or MIA.