Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robrain

2015 Team Defense/ST and Kicker Thread

Ok, a little hyperbole. Let's get some rankings going.

Steelers - Away (Ravens)

Vikings - Home (Giants)

Lions - Home (49ers)

Texans - Away (Titans)

Bengals - Away (Broncos)

All good defenses with good match ups this week.

Did I miss any? How do we view these options in terms of 1-5?

Steelers - could be a stalemate. They always play each other tough, but we're looking for Defensive stats. Then again... It is clausen.

Vikings - Eli has no problem slinging it to play catch up... Could definitely cause some fumbles/INT with no ODB bailing him out.

Texans - Playing hot and playing a team w/o Mariota that just ceded a pretty hefty sum to the NE Defense; albeit on the road.

Bengals - Playoff implications with their opponent. Will need to rely on defense again to win... Brock seems less capable each week.

Lions - Home against SF. Still prone to ceding big plays, but they could be in for a ton of sacks via Ansah v. Gabbert.

Honestly, a lot of tasty match ups. I cannot decipher which is more obvious than the other. I only think to give advantage to those playing at home.

Steelers - Away (Ravens)

Vikings - Home (Giants)

Lions - Home (49ers)

Texans - Away (Titans)

Bengals - Away (Broncos)

Steelers - could be a stalemate. They always play each other tough, but we're looking for Defensive stats. Then again... It is clausen.

Vikings - Eli has no problem slinging it to play catch up... Could definitely cause some fumbles/INT with no ODB bailing him out.

Texans - Playing hot and playing a team w/o Mariota that just ceded a pretty hefty sum to the NE Defense; albeit on the road.

Bengals - Playoff implications with their opponent. Will need to rely on defense again to win... Brock seems less capable each week.

Lions - Home against SF. Still prone to ceding big plays, but they could be in for a ton of sacks via Ansah v. Gabbert.

Honestly, a lot of tasty match ups. I cannot decipher which is more obvious than the other. I only think to give advantage to those playing at home.

Good break down. Like you said, lots of good match ups. Another one I could see having a decent week is Buffalo. At home (likely cold weather?) vs a guy making his first NFL start (Kellen Moore). I'm sure Rex will throw lots of stuff at him.

Between the following, who would you trust for your fantasy championship?

Dolphins vs. Indy

Steelers vs. Ravens

Minny vs. (ODB less) Giants

Which defense:

- Vikings vs NYG (assuming OBJ's suspension is upheld)

- Cards vs GB (offense hasn't looked good as of late, but they can still put points up and Matheiu is out)

- Lions vs SF (SF has lost a lot of people on offense, but the Lions haven't really lit it up lately)

Which defense:

- Cards vs GB (offense hasn't looked good as of late, but they can still put points up and Matheiu is out)

- Lions vs SF (SF has lost a lot of people on offense, but the Lions haven't really lit it up lately)

Would lean Vikings/Lions out of those three.

I don't think betting on GB crumbling with their backs against the wall is a great championship week strat.

If Ansah is out, Lions are a no-go.

If OBJ is in, Vikings are a no-go.

Which defense:

I don't think betting on GB crumbling with their backs against the wall is a great championship week strat.

Thanks. What happens if Ansah is out and OBJ is in. Haha. Who do i go with then?

Which defense:

I'd like the Vikings if Linval Joseph, Harrison Smith and Anthony Barr come back, if not, even without ODB, I think the Giants will be able to put up points.

I'd like the Lions a whole lot more if Ansah plays, but I'd still rank them ahead of the Vikings. San Francisco on the road, accross the country, early game, with no run game and Gabbert. Sign me up.

I'm personally debating between the Bengals and Detroit. If Ansah plays I'm firing Detroit up at home.

Which defense:

I'd like the Vikings if Linval Joseph, Harrison Smith and Anthony Barr come back, if not, even without ODB, I think the Giants will be able to put up points.

I'd like the Lions a whole lot more if Ansah plays, but I'd still rank them ahead of the Vikings. San Francisco on the road, accross the country, early game, with no run game and Gabbert. Sign me up.

I'm personally debating between the Bengals and Detroit. If Ansah plays I'm firing Detroit up at home.

Thanks

Steelers - Away (Ravens)

Vikings - Home (Giants)

Lions - Home (49ers)

Texans - Away (Titans)

Bengals - Away (Broncos)

Nice list. Thoughtful comments. But I think I will stick with the Chiefs in my finals and semifinal and Denver in the other final. Both figure to be miles ahead of any of these.

Anyone considering the Raiders a sneaky good play this week? Playing against the reeling Chargers at home? They've put up 10-9-14-9 the last 4 weeks, the last 3 of which were Chiefs-Broncos-Packers (Tennessee the week before KC).

In the championships with a glaring hole in my D/ST spot and the wire is picked completely clean of obvious options.

Got burned by starting Oak against SD earlier in the season, at the time Oak DEF had 3 straight double digit point games going into that week, and SD had given up multiple double digit points beforehand.

Oak does seem like a legitimate play. Especially on a Thursday night, against a team with no run game and a terrible offensive line. They seem right for sacks and a INT

Vikings, Dolphins, Lions- which ones the best bet?

Probably Detroit. One never knows which 9rs team will show up, of course, but the chances are it won't be the one that beat Cutler and Gase's gutless play calling at Soldier Field. Minnesota in better health would be next. There's simply no reason to believe Miami will suddenly learn how to defend anything. Good luck.

Oak does seem like a legitimate play. Especially on a Thursday night, against a team with no run game and a terrible offensive line. They seem right for sacks and a INT

And it equally could be Rivers 375/4/1. One never knows what to expect from play to play much less game to game with this group.

ughhh can't decide between the Texans and the Steelers...both playing pretty s---y teams away.

thoughts??

If anyone would like to help me pick the best of the terrible options I have, I'd be extremely grateful... Right now I have Philly and Oakland at the top, but here's a screenshot of the other teams currently available:

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-23%20at%2011.07.

Boswell @ BAL or Catanzaro vs. GB for this week? Catanzaro's matchup is not quite as good as Boswell's.

Steelers - Away (Ravens)

Vikings - Home (Giants)

Lions - Home (49ers)

Texans - Away (Titans)

Bengals - Away (Broncos)

Nice list. Thoughtful comments. But I think I will stick with the Chiefs in my finals and semifinal and Denver in the other final. Both figure to be miles ahead of any of these.

I don't even know why you'd look at this thread if you own the Chiefs D.

dropped the lions for texans... just due to last weeks performance from both teams. Holding off on the Bengals because I feel like osweiller has enough weapons to put up big numbers

Anyone trusting Arizona @ GB? Rodgers looks mortal and that GB offense looks like a mess.