Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robrain

2015 Team Defense/ST and Kicker Thread

Anyone out there struggling between Lion @ Home or Steelers on the road?

Lions aren't good at takeaways but do get sacks while Steelers get turnovers and sacks but that pass defense gives me the quivers.

Lions aren't good at takeaways but do get sacks while Steelers get turnovers and sacks but that pass defense gives me the quivers.

I'm starting Steelers with confidence - backup QB in Bal and they need to win bad.

Lions had favorable matchups the past two weeks and got 4pts @ STL and 1 pt @NO (yahoo standard league)

SF is bad but they still got two TDs in garbage time vs a very dominate CIN defense - one off a turnover.

Going through this dilemma. I picked up steelers cause its freakin clausen. But I keep looking that San Fran is traveling across the nation, gabbert, no draughn. Don't know if they will force turn overs, but won't allow a lot of scores and get sacks.

Pitt is juicier cause I see them easier chance to get a pick 6 on clausen, but it's I'm Bal and rivalry.

As for kickers, I'm LOVING Boswell this week. Pitt will be scoring as mu ch as possible.

Think my team is solid, but worried about my damn KICKER....UGH.

Been rolling McManus out there recently, not doing too well. Picked up Blair Walsh? Thinking about playing him.

Any thoughts?

Been rolling McManus out there recently, not doing too well. Picked up Blair Walsh? Thinking about playing him.

Any thoughts?

Is Boswell available?

I am contemplating Chiefs or pats D. Chiefs may be without olb tamba Hali. Not sure if that's a key player or not.

Debating between PHI and DET -- basically its which D/ST is most likely to score a TD. I'm thinking PHI special teams >> WAS; would appreciate any insight.

Any thoughts?

I like Boswell and Myers this week. Boswell is obvious and probably owned. Myers is a bit risky but his ceiling is very high. He has been shaky in terms of real life efficiency, but the Jags offense is humming and they get a dream matchup with NO this week.

Man I'm having a tough time pulling the trigger leaving the viking d in. Obj is suspended and barr, smith and Joseph should be back.

I did read that they could clinch a playoff spot based on early games wins or losses and they could sit their studs which worried me even more.

Other option is lions d.

Which D to start:

Texans (Road) vs Titans

Steelers (Away) vs Ravens

Broncos (Home) vs Bengals

Lions (Home) vs 49ers

Which D to start:

Texans (Road) vs Titans

Lions (Home) vs 49ers

Very tough to decide.

Even Vikings now with returning studs and AP

Which D to start:

Texans (Road) vs Titans

Lions (Home) vs 49ers

Very tough to decide.

I also give a nod to home teams, but Broncos seem risky. Bengals need to win and they have some semblance of fire power, especially with Denver and their sputtering O.

Which D to start:

Texans (Road) vs Titans

Lions (Home) vs 49ers

Very tough to decide.

I also give a nod to home teams, but Broncos seem risky. Bengals need to win and they have some semblance of fire power, especially with Denver and their sputtering O.

In my settings, Denver D has actually put up 14 ppg at home vs 20 on the road. Small sample, could be tainted by strength of opposition, but interesting nonetheless. Clearly the best defense of the ones I listed but probably the worst matchup

Kellen Moore threw some hilariously bad INT's vs. NYJ last week..... he's going up against Buffalo, IN Buffalo, without Dez Bryant.

Going with Buffalo as my D for the bread.

Denver, Detroit, or Buffalo? all home games.

Denver has tamed the run well and are going against AJ McCarron. nuff said?

Detroit looks like a sneaky hot play this week @SF but they have not scored double digits since week 4.

Buffalo could be a trap. the matchup is great though- Dallas with Kellen Moore starting and Dez hotdogging it (EDIT: not even playing. for some reason i feel like that will actually work in the Cowboys' favor though. lol). DMC is the only startable Cowboy. looks so enticing.

leaning towards Denver but i could see either of the others putting up a big score. am i over thinking this? is Denver the obvious play? any incite at all? i need a big score from everyone since Gates blew it.

Gano @ ATL or Boswell @ BAL this week?

i'd play the hot foot in Boswell. play all your Steelers this week come to think of it. going to be a massacre and plenty of points to go around :P

I'm starting Steelers with confidence - backup QB in Bal and they need to win bad.

Lions had favorable matchups the past two weeks and got 4pts @ STL and 1 pt @NO (yahoo standard league)

SF is bad but they still got two TDs in garbage time vs a very dominate CIN defense - one off a turnover.

Very compelling argument for the Lions D per Jeff Brubach on Rotoworld:

Gabbert provided the Bengals D/ST with three interceptions in Week 15. Gabbert completed just 30 of 50 pass attempts along with the three turnovers, and has thrown more than one touchdown pass in only one of his six starts this season. In addition to starting Gabbert at quarterback, the 49ers will also likely be down to Travaris Cadet and Kendall Gaskins at running back. Fire up the Lions D/ST this week and don’t look back.

Debating between the following 3...Panthers have gotten me here...even with their weak showing last week but thinking of swapping out this week:

Panthers @ Falcons - probably not going to pitch another shutout with falcons at home and panthers could rest people or play softer in game that may not matter

Texans @ Titans - Last time they played, Texans sacked Mettenberger 7 times.

Lions vs. 49ers - Lions get a lot of sacks and 49ers giving up the most sacks in the last 4 weeks (19)

As long as Ansah is playing.

The problem with the Lions is they relax after they are up (Lions fan).

So they could play tremendous and have game in bag by half -- only to let SF garbage time score 3rd and 4th quarter.

Instead of game ending 17-3 it ends up 27-24.

That game script happens.... Pretty much every week.

Their effectiveness will depend on your D/ST settings.

Championship game question... should I stick with Arizona DEF/ST in a tricky matchup with Green Bay, or hit the wire - options are Washington vs Philly (mistake prone recently) or Minnesota vs NY Giants (no OBJ plus Minn gets several key DEF players back)? Please advise, thanks!