Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SPQR

How stupid are we all?

For the life of me I can not figure our entitled,lazy and quite uneducated society that we live in.Two things that have me completely baffled....1)Why in the world would anyone sign up for Credit Karma?If I am big business and need a A+ credit rating data base to solicit to......hmmmmm,I will know exactly who to target and who to leave be.Nothing is confidential anymore and data bases with personal info are traded and sold and it keeps growing for big money.I now really hate even basic shopping online,I can just look at an item,not put it in my cart mind you...just peek at it and within seconds I am spammed to death for days concerning said item .2)Saw a commercial with two guys on a sofa,one holding the yarn and the other fake knitting...two very witty young lads...You couldn't even hire a guy that could make a couple loops?And you want me to just hand my money over to you blindly and let you invest "my money" as you see fit with no input from me....the "investor".Ummmm....can anyone say penny stocks from the 80's?Enron...AIG....Fannie May.....who in their right mind is so trusting to just give their money away and relinquish all control to a person in a cubicle?.I will now take a breath,thanks for letting me vent.

I just had to add this,Windows 10.Microsoft has a commercial showing toddlers and how they will grow up and be using the Windows 10 Operating System.....what?First of all Bill Gates charged consumers millions upon millions to use his Operating Systems for years and would stop updating older versions to force you into his "upgraded & improved OS(anyone miss XP?or Windows 7?},has charged kids for the privilege to use XBoxes online with gold plan cards(bought them for my son year after year and even bought him the Sony PS3 to try and ween him off XBox which failed miserably,he had to play his XBox online with his mates)....point being that Bill Gates has never given "anything" away for free,he is just not built that way and now a final Windows Operating System that children will be using years from now?What will this new free OS do for Microsoft with Bill not charging a penny for your new upgrade?Or what will it do with the info it gathers on your PC or laptop?I will NOT upgrade to Windows10 and will hang on to my Windows7 for as long as I can,till I am forced by Bill again to upgrade.I am an avid FF wannabe guru but thought this was the place to discuss other topics,from the lack of comments above maybe I have become extremely cynical,paranoid and am the only one who thinks or even cares about these topics.

Typically I find folks who share my interest in sports don't share my interests in other things, mainly critical thinking.

Most folks who are avid sports fans tend to be people I wouldn't want to converse with outside of talking sports.

To your Bill Gates question, I'll say just don't support Microsoft. You have that option.

Still hanging on for dear life with my Windows 7....Bill is spamming my screen constantly with the Windows 10 upgrade!Fighting a losing battle when they stop updates for WIN 7......Sigh...

Typically I find folks who share my interest in sports don't share my interests in other things, mainly critical thinking.

Most folks who are avid sports fans tend to be people I wouldn't want to converse with outside of talking sports.

To your Bill Gates question, I'll say just don't support Microsoft. You have that option.

Thanks for taking the time to comment,I am extremely opinionated myself but enjoy the variety of thinking from others and is why I posted in "Off Topic Talk",and for the condescending comment concerning "Don't support Microsuck" and 'I have that option"...all good stating your opinions.And fyi,I tried the Lenux OS,and at this time I cannot afford another Apple so I am slightly stuck with Billy boys OS. ^_^