Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ozark

Cam Newton for Eddie Royal? WHIR

I think my squad looks good, no defense or kicker yet but my QB situation is highly quesitonable. I am big on Eddie Royal, but should I trade him for Cam Newton straight up?

Here is my squad

QB: Sam Bradford

RB: Adrian Peterson, Mark Ingram, Latavius Murray, Shane Vereen, Arian Foster, Chris Polk

WR: Demaryius Thomas, Desean Jackson, Golden Tate, Eddie Royal, Brandon Coleman

TE: Travis Kelce, Jordan Reed

WHIR

Cam over Royal easily. Royal is a fun flier but he's undersized and has a niche roll that only ever lasts a few weeks a season. And with your wr depth, he likely never cracks the starting lineup.

Edit: Thanks Pack, read that one wrong...

Yes thats a great return for Royal. Royal has value as a way late flier but he always disappears periodically week to week. Newtons value is way higher IMO.

i think this guy wants to acquire newton for his royal. in which case i say do it because i think it will be a miracle if bradford plays more than 12 games

I really like Royal but I think Newton gives you more return for your team.

I think Cam is a huge bust this year because his offense could be downright terrible and I don't know how much running he's going to do, which is where is true value lies. I also like Royal as a late round flier, and I actually like Bradford more than Cam anyways. If you're dead set on upgrading at QB, I think I'd go looking for a QB that offers a little bit more than Cam, maybe a Tannehill type.

Thanks for the help with mine!

The ADP value alone is clearly there; however, with Royal probably CHI's WR2 now and Cam losing his biggest target in Benjamin (to be replaced by Funchess - idk if you guys have watched Funchess play but he's quite slow...) I'm not sure how much I love Cam this season.

I think I might stay put, honestly. However, if you have a knot in your stomach owning Bradford and feel you need the upgrade, do it. It's a small price to pay for comfort/confidence.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=532710

I think Cam is a huge bust this year because his offense could be downright terrible and I don't know how much running he's going to do, which is where is true value lies. I also like Royal as a late round flier, and I actually like Bradford more than Cam anyways. If you're dead set on upgrading at QB, I think I'd go looking for a QB that offers a little bit more than Cam, maybe a Tannehill type.

This is where I'd lean. More than fair value for Royal but I prefer the Tanneyman this year.

This is where I'd lean. More than fair value for Royal but I prefer the Tanneyman this year.

Yeah I tried to do that for Tannehill but it was a no go

I'd make that trade

Do you like Cam this year?
No just think the value is to much to pass up. Plus you could probably flip him for a better return. It also gives you another trade chip.

I would take Newton for Royal. Combining Bradford's injury history and the fact Royal is more bench material for you, Newton is a very nice fallback that you won't find on the waiver wire.