Sign in to follow this  
KevboFantasySuperstar

I'd like to become a write for rotoworld

I think I bring a level of expertise that is well beyond what Rotoworld currently employs. I have read many rotoworld articles and some of these guys are just plain wrong. I have won more money playing fantasy sports than most people make in a year. Where do I submit my application and/or can I just use this post on the forums as my application? Thanks.

-Kevbo

No disrespect intended but for one thing,the most important thing,knowing when to insert a verb is crucial or in your case a crucial mistake.Becoming a"writer" for a blog,mag...rag,requires basic knowledge concerning verbs and nouns.You do not intend to become a "write" for Rotoworld but most likely a "writer".Good luck but I think your first impression with proper grammar will not go unnoticed.

Edited by SPQR

Since when did grammar matter? I am posting on a cell phone while driving 90mph on the freeway right now. This is how things get written nowadays. I'm steering with my knees.

I stand corrected,grammar is not important in "writing".My mistake,I guess I am old school to where spelling,grammar,proof reading and how to format were extremely important to writers,it is 2015 and our society has indeed changed to where people like you are our future...apologies all around.And,btw,where do you live so my friends and all their children and family members that drive can avoid you while you are writing.

Edited by SPQR

Since when did grammar matter? I am posting on a cell phone while driving 90mph on the freeway right now. This is how things get written nowadays. I'm steering with my knees.

Attention to detail. Thoroughness. Precision. Grammar. Yeah, that kinda matters if someone claims to be a "writer." That said, if you ain't gettin' paid for it, I suppose no it wouldn't really matter. I know for sure I wouldn't let someone write that has poor grammar habits. Not saying I'm perfect of course, but everyone should make an effort.

Edited by s-kayos

I would say grammar is important in just about any business. For companies that get hundreds or thousands of applications, they need ways to be able to quickly narrow down applicants. For the most part, way too many will be qualified or beyond qualified. Some places will have people who simply read over an application for errors before getting to the actual qualifications. It is a quick and easy way to narrow the pool.

On top of that, you admitted to committing two traffic violations in your second post. And I highly doubt anyone would care about how much money you make playing fantasy sports.

Guess you are 0-3 right now. Not to mention, you don't even go through RW - they are just a cog in NBC's wheel. You would have to apply through NBC.

Edited by ToO_BaD

Don't listen to these guys, Kevbo. These haters are envious of the awesome life you have created for yourself.

Grammar, along with other inanities such as sentence structure and clarity of thought, are relatively useless in this day and age. You seem to be well-equipped with more relevant skills, such as txt-speak, emoji selection and paraphrasing. You also happen to possess an impressive attitude that showcases zero sense of entitlement; you're clearly an enterprising young man who is willing to graft his way to the top.

With that said, you would be well-advised to send the recruiters a copy of this thread along with a writing sample containing your finest txt-spk. Make sure you emphasize your above-average texting-while-driving skills; the ability to multi-task is vital in today's workplace.

I know you'll make a bad-a** writer someday bruh. Good luck.

Listen to Predator,he sees that twinkle in your eye and understands your strong multi tasking skills that all good writers have,I missed it but I am no way a writer.Predator,his Grandmother and two small children will accompany you to your first interview as you fill out your employment application on the freeway. ;)

driving 90mph on the freeway

Hey Slim, I drank a fifth of vodka, you dare me to drive?

Cool bro, maybe it is time you stop being a read of the site and start being a write of the site... especially if your write skills are as good as your drive skills.

"Since when did grammar matter" ... same line that Tebow's agent uses when talking to teams to sign him -- "Since when does throwing matter at the QB position?"

Hilarious thread. I am entertained.

The "I am posting on a cell phone while driving 90mph on the freeway right now" really got me haha

I forgot about this thread....got a laugh just like the first time,you can't make this kinda stuff up..you can only wrote it! ;)

I think I bring a level of expertise that is well beyond what Rotoworld currently employs. I have read many rotoworld articles and some of these guys are just plain wrong.

-Kevbo

On Brandon Bass for this Season

SjcEvdf.png

On Robert Upshaw as a Laker

MjjgwIX.png

I have a friend who said he knew rotoworld's josh norris in college. Said that josh norris applied for the job and projected an entire first round of the nfl draft with only 3 mistakes.

If you can do that i say sent in an application.

He hasn't been posted in a while....hope he didn't drown in his Scrooge McDuck fantasy $$ vault?!?!

Edited by malta69

I have a friend who said he knew rotoworld's josh norris in college. Said that josh norris applied for the job and projected an entire first round of the nfl draft with only 3 mistakes.

If you can do that i say sent in an application.

That's BS.

No one's mock is that accurate. ...ever.

Interview Test #1.  Use the following in a sentence:

1. Your

2. You're

3. ur