Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KevboFantasySuperstar

I'd like to become a write for rotoworld

OK who allowed Donald Trump on here to dubb as Kevbo?

The world is a mad mad world ;)

Classic thread....love it!

I actually came to this section to ask this exact question when I found this topic....

I wouldn't like to write for RW specifically, but I would love to be a fantasy writer. Everytime I search though, nothing comes up on how to apply. Any ideas?

8 minutes ago, Finally Detroit Wins said:

I actually came to this section to ask this exact question when I found this topic....

I wouldn't like to write for RW specifically, but I would love to be a fantasy writer. Everytime I search though, nothing comes up on how to apply. Any ideas?

Get in touch with the industry writers via Twitter and/or email. Build a rapport with them. Start networking. Eventually a spot will open up. 

1 hour ago, TheOneAboveAll said:

Get in touch with the industry writers via Twitter and/or email. Build a rapport with them. Start networking. Eventually a spot will open up. 

Or just give Kevbo a call

The reason this is like this is because it's not exactly a job with a lot of openings / money. You have a high amount of competition for the few spots that actually make money. On the other hand, you have a plethora of free content available by people writing fantasy news just for fun. 

You have to have a really good resume / examples to get a crack at writing somewhere special. 

On 8/23/2016 at 5:22 PM, Finally Detroit Wins said:

Make a blog, write on your own and then submit samples when things open up.  Networking as  TheOneAboveAll mentioned is probably key as well.