Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CL3VELANDBR0WNS

Madden 16

What do we all think?

I love the aggresive catch and draft champions but it seems very difficult to throw over the middle.

Just downloaded it yesterday. Seems fun, I like the different catching and throwing mechanics. Not sure if I will have the time to master them though.

I kind of want to put the time in just so I can play with people online.

I think their ad has to be the craziest, most over-the-top commercial made yet. Enjoyed it though (but sheesh must have cost more than most of the Super Bowl ad$ did).

I agree on the commercial.

Was a little too much for me.

But.."Lil Pepper" is an elite coach that you can earn. So... I guess I'm happy

Give me some info on the mechanics,game play etc.....how is 16?Can someone go "in depth"...plz

Give me some info on the mechanics,game play etc.....how is 16?Can someone go "in depth"...plz

Not too much different from 15. About the same graphics (although I like the 15 a bit better) and the gameplay with some minor changes and additions. Nothing too fancy. You know these game releases are kind of just like a roster update.

As always, changes are minor for the most part.

I absolutely love elusive/speed backs on this game. I have throwback Chris Johnson and his juke is devastating. I had LeSean before though and I liked him more than guys like Lacy/Foster.

If you get someone very fast like Breshad and they are playing one safety in the box, run verts. Works every time.

The game is setup for guys in the box and safeties in the box and taking advantage of unbalanced boxes and safeties playing up.

But.. the new passing controls are interesting

For an xbox layout:

Passing:

Tap button (lob) for Deep ball/over the top throws

Hold button (bullet) for over the middle throws

LT+button (low throws) if you just want to settle and dump it to an RB or TE 5 yards away but covered, use this.

LB+button (high throw) Red Zone passing to the outs

Catching:

Y (aggressive) attack the ball but you'll probably fall on top of a corner. Small chance you keep going after catch.

X (run after catch) for short passes/screens when you are running wide open and want to get yardage through YAC

A (possession) I don't really use this. It's just a possession catch but I always go aggressive catch instead because it just makes more sense for me.