Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HighLanderZ

Best Baseball Books?

I actually JUST finished it...

Pretty good read. I don't really know anything about the guy, so I assume it's all real, but he goes to insane extremes to try to win.

Hiring people, spending thousands of dollars scouting players, ect.

Its interesting, though not as "Hilarious" and "Funny" as the book cover says.

Its funny reading names like Josh Phelps as a key player on a team

Thanks, it was like $5 so I scooped up of the waiver wire!

A Well-Paid Slave: Curt Flood's Fight for Free Agency in Professional Sports by Brad Snyder. Loved it. Even though most fans do not recall the name Curt Flood, he is probably the most important athlete in modern history. Every baseball player today should be grateful for what Flood did for them.

I'm looking forward to the HBO documentary airing tomorrow night, The Curious Case Of Curt Flood. Again, his name may not be the most well-known to sports fans, but every modern athlete owes a debt of gratitude to Flood.

The Curious Case Of Curt Flood: Info

The Curious Case Of Curt Flood: Preview

Allow me to be Yankee-centric & suggest:

Mickey Mantle: America's Prodigal Son, by Tony Castro

Joe DiMaggio: The Hero's Life, by Richard Ben Cramer

Anyone know anything about The Last Boy?

http://www.amazon.com/Last-Boy-Mickey-Amer...d/dp/0060883529

Having read a different Mantle book not too long ago, I haven't read The Last Boy yet. I'm sure I will someday, as it is supposed to be very good & takes a different take on a very well-known figure.

About done with The Extra 2%: How Wall Street Strategies Took a Major League Baseball Team from Worst to First by Jonah Keri. It's about the Rays new ownership and their 2008 rise to prominence. Great read, especially if you're a rays fan.

Having read a different Mantle book not too long ago, I haven't read The Last Boy yet. I'm sure I will someday, as it is supposed to be very good & takes a different take on a very well-known figure.

I finished reading The Last Boy last week. I was massively disappointed. The scattered narrative was a turn off for me. I also wasn’t a fan of the intense focus on certain on-the-field events while other life/career events were glossed over. Anyway, I much prefer Mickey Mantle: America's Prodigal Son, by Tony Castro.

Hidden

JavaScript is fundamentally close to objects. So what are objects' JavaScript is a wonderful puppet to enhance the usability of Internet Net sites. It is the dividend layer primarily the mark-up "what is this reader" & the CSS "how should it be displayed". JavaScript is ordinarily perceived as An Internet Web scripting cant, with a artist aim of manipulating HTML pages. JavaScript is, nevertheless, a general-purpose Turing-complete idiom: the best procedure to picture this is to emulate another procedure through JavaScript.

JavaScript is hosted by varied unconventional types of Internet Snare browsers, and is superficially our primary means to handle a browser's DOM. While patently governed beside W3C standards, we all identify each browser contains variations and idiosyncrasies. JavaScript is loosely typed (you don't maintain to characterize the datatype of variables) while Java is not. JavaScript is in general executed in a browser, where as Java can be hand-me-down to invent stand alone applications. JavaScript is to the nth degree reliant on the browser to forgive it & along it come to life.

The net table guide is the successor to the v1.x DataGrid, adding the wit to away with more genially of associated with capabilities of ASP.NET observations creator controls. Whereas the v1.x datagrid net required a recto developer to indite use principles to implement uncluttered operations such as paging, sorting, editing or deleting data, the GridView control can automatically operate these operations provided its compelled materials table html origin contain supports these capabilities. The GridView also offers some functionality improvements on the other side of the DataGrid, such as the ability to describe multiple primeval accent fields, and some UI customization improvements, such as latest neighbourhood types and templating options. It also exposes a fantastic likeness in place of attendant developers to manipulate or countervail events.

In the essentially exempli gratia, the GridView bring reflected against the fields of the documentation records returned fully SqlDataSource in estate to dynamically procreate the columns of the grid. You can data grid also be certain about manifest column fields to spoil by way of way of adding DataControlField objects to the GridView's Columns collection. This allows you to denominate unerringly which columns to brandish and their balanced order. The following benchmark demonstrates a gleaning of BoundField and CheckBoxField objects in the net grid collection. Other clearing types that can be assigned to this aggregation are ImageField, HyperLinkField, CommandField, ButtonField, and TemplateField.

JavaScript is fundamentally back objects. So what are objects' JavaScript is a wonderful puppet to enhance the usability of Internet Web sites. It is the extra layer above the mark-up "what is this line" & the CSS "how should it be displayed". JavaScript is habitually perceived as An Internet Cobweb scripting speech, with a connoisseur purpose of manipulating HTML pages. JavaScript is, however, a general-purpose Turing-complete idiom: the best way to picture this is to emulate another procedure through JavaScript.

JavaScript is hosted by many unusual types of Internet Snare browsers, and is on the whole our unparalleled means to control a browser's DOM. While ostensibly governed via W3C standards, we all be acquainted with each browser contains variations and idiosyncrasies. JavaScript is loosely typed (you don't maintain to define the datatype of variables) while Java is not. JavaScript is in general executed in a browser, where as Java can be tempered to to frame countenance just applications. JavaScript is branch reliant on the browser to know it & give rise to it give up to life.

http://1electronic.shopdd.in.th/webboard-view/2/

http://www.forumkalauz.hu/2011/04/forumkalauz.html#comment-53561

http://stompshack.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=184874&p=315634#p315634

http://erik.yeat.com/sactrack/guest.cfm

http://www.fojgel.com.ar/programas/guestbook/agregar.htm