Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HighLanderZ

Kevin Slowey 2008

\

Perhaps they are right. Slowey put up a 6.02 ERA and 1.64 WHIP in 40 IP during his first stint. Then a 3.34 ERA and 1.04 WHIP with a 14.00 K/BB in 29 IP during his second stint in the bigs

FILTHY

BTW, he scored 1440 on the SATs and maintained a 4.0 GPA during college. He might be smarter than Greg Maddux B)

He's pitching well again tonight, 9K's in 5 IP. What kind of numbers do you expect from him when he gets back to the big leagues next week?

ERA between 3.70-4.10, and WHIP in the 1.20's with a 4+ in the K/BB ratio. I see his K-rate in the mid 6's.

Hey, Kevin Slowey is available in my league and he's set to come off the DL... what kind of pitcher is he? I know very little information about him.

This is in reference to my team "No Rubber 4 Client 9"

an awesome control pitcher. he gives up very few walks and is learning how to strike out more. he had an awesome september last year:

29.2 IP, 28K, only TWO walks, 1.01 WHIP, 3.34 ERA

His 08 spring break was equally as filthy. His first start, he hurt himself -- but he's healthy now and his rehab starts have been amazing.

Once he figures out how to limit the amount of HR he gives up, he'll be up there. Regardless, he is someone you want on your team.

Hey, Kevin Slowey is available in my league and he's set to come off the DL... what kind of pitcher is he? I know very little information about him.

This is in reference to my team "No Rubber 4 Client 9"

If it helps, I've thought since spring training that Slowey and Volquez were the two young pitchers most likely to have breakout seasons.

The command is strong with this one.

I expect big things from him this season (in other words, he's going to be a better pitcher than Cueto at the end of the season). He's a must have in leagues that count KK/BB

I like Slowey and all, but are you serious?!?!?!

Actually is is scheduled to pitch against the White Soxs. Hmmmmm....I may give him a go.

Actually is is scheduled to pitch against the White Soxs. Hmmmmm....I may give him a go.

Kevin Slowey (biceps) will return from the disabled list to start Thursday (5/8) against the White Sox.

Slowey was expected back next weekend, but he'll return a little earlier as the replacement for Scott Baker, who is dealing with a groin injury. He's worth activating in AL-only leagues.

Related: Scott Baker

Pitching today. Watch out for him, give him a few starts to get back into things, I think he could be a stud this year.

should be interesting....if he does well I will pick him up....he is in FA in my league

I like slowey. his monster september last year really opened my eyes. I hope he does well today.

Does anyone know if he is on a pitch count at all today?

Throwing first pitch for strikes a la Maddux. He seems to induce a lot of groundballs too. In my opinion, there is nothing better than a groundball pitcher that can strike people out - like Brandon Webb.

Yeah the Twins have some nice pitching with Slowey, Baker & when Liriano gets turned around. Not a bad trio to build around.

Throwing first pitch for strikes a la Maddux. He seems to induce a lot of groundballs too. In my opinion, there is nothing better than a groundball pitcher that can strike people out - like Brandon Webb.

Word. I dislike when people try to compare rookies to Braun (Longoria) and Pedro (Cueto), but I feel comfortable in predicting that '08 Slowey will have a season like '07 James Shields

Word. I dislike when people try to compare rookies to Braun (Longoria) and Pedro (Cueto), but I feel comfortable in predicting that '08 Slowey will have a season like '07 James Shields

Thats a bold statement.

Dealing thru 4.

4IP 1H 0ER 0BB 3K

53 pitches . . . clean and efficient

This offense getting shut down by Kevin Slowey. Shocker. B)

Dye takes this clown deep

Dye took you deep?

Anyway, Dye has been tearing it up these last few days. No shame in that.

EDIT: Crede double, Uribe now homers....now there is definitely some shame in that.