Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HighLanderZ

Kevin Slowey 2008

ouch. slowey still got that gopheritis

He just came off the DL. Give him a game or two to shake off the rust.

I picked him up in my deep dynasty league. Worth a flyer.

ouch. slowey still got that gopheritis

pffft! i thought it was a strong debut from the DL

WHIP = 0.80

K/BB = 4/0 = INFINITY

He just doesn't walk batters. He's a must have in leagues that count K/BB and he'll only help with K, WHIP, and W. Once he figures out how to lower the HRs he gives up, he'll be $$$.

WHIP = 0.80

K/BB = 4/0 = INFINITY

He just doesn't walk batters. He's a must have in leagues that count K/BB and he'll only help with K, WHIP, and W. Once he figures out how to lower the HRs he gives up, he'll be $$$.

I'll take this for his first start. I see him improving next time out and picthing at least six or seven innings.

WHIP = 0.80

K/BB = 4/0 = INFINITY

He just doesn't walk batters. He's a must have in leagues that count K/BB and he'll only help with K, WHIP, and W. Once he figures out how to lower the HRs he gives up, he'll be $$.

i agree, i thought he pitched very well today for the most part. its just that with his stuff and approach to pitching he has to be near perfect to avoid giving up bombs.

Control freak! aka 08 version of 07 James Shields aka he's not going to walk anyone for a long time!

Strikes out the side!

I got him for his two starts this week but I don't think I'll drop him anytime soon.

oh well, he's only human -- walks happen

expect 4 K/BB, AT LEAST. i'm talking 5 K/BB+ potential.

watch Litsch pitch a gem as well.. always happens like that

I wouldn't mind because I'm starting both.

For anyone who's keeping track, Slowey looked fairly decent today, especially considering this was only his second start since coming off the DL. 5.2 innings pitched, 5 Ks, and 3 "earned" runs. I say "earned" because one of those runs came on a fly ball that glanced off Cuddyer's glove and was inexplicably ruled a double. No f-ing clue what the official scorer was thinking there. Watch the replay.

Also, the HR he gave up to Stairs came in the 6th when he was clearly out of gas and Gardenhire left him out there to rot. This happened in his last start too -- wore down in the 5th and gave up some gopher balls. Someone in the Twins dugout needs to realize that it's still early in the season for Slowey and get him out sooner.

Anyhow, although things could change, Slowey's upcoming starts look something like this . . .

@ Col

@ Det

@ KC

Bal

@ CWS

Colorado start looks scary, but he might be worth using in the other ones.

I could see @KC and Bal. I'd be a bit worried in the Chisox bandbox until I see that he can keep the ball in the yard.

I watched the first inning. He showed a lot of poise after Carlos Gomez airmailed a simple throw into the dugout on a Aaron Hill single. So with Hill at 3b with only one out, he proceeded to K Rios looking and Rolen swinging.

Yeah I am still going to role with him for a while, I wish he got the quality start yesterday, but to no avail. I hope he has a good start against Colorado

Todays the test to see if he can keep the ball in the park! (away @ COL)

Answer: not really. But his control was excellent again.

UGHHHHHHH!!!! He couldn't get one more out for a quality start at least?!?!?!? He always seems to have a real nice line but gives up three runs on homeruns. If only he could reduce the home runs allowed he could be great.

I dropped him because I was going to bench him anyways against the Tigers offense, which seemed to be coming alive... but I guess not. Hopefully he flies under the radar and I can somehow get him for the next 2 matchups.

Pitching a beaut. Had him benched for this one, but I'm glad he's on my roster. Good starts coming up.

ah... knew it would be a good start against slumping Royals, but just couldn't find a player to drop last night.