Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HighLanderZ

Kevin Slowey 2008

expect more starts like this from him.. not just against teams like KC and Detroit.

I don't know why he's not owned in more leagues? The guy gives up the homers, but that's it. He never walks anyone and he seems to be striking more guys out this year. I'm a happy owner and I'm going to keep throwing him out there.

Great start for Slowey. Pick him up fast because soon everyone will realize how good of a pitcher he is.

Guest ciderjack6

I've been playing him for every start since he came back from the DL. I'm not messing around with matchups. I'm confident his #s will be there in the end.

I've been playing him for every start since he came back from the DL. I'm not messing around with matchups. I'm confident his #s will be there in the end.

I have as well. I think he's well on his way!

nothing against slowey, but kc is the team that got no-hit vs. lester. they are a horrible offense.

Well a decent start, but no QUALITY start. He doesn't walk anyone, but the long ball continues to give him problems. He's done pretty well overall though. Still a chance to scoop him up. I would like to see him lessen the long balls.

I don't know why he's not owned in more leagues? The guy gives up the homers, but that's it.

Because he doesn't get wins or many Ks. He plays for the Twins. He doesn't gop long into games. He's only had 2 quality starts all season, one of which was against KC.

Plus his name is Slowey. Who wants a pitcher named Slowey??

Slowey could've had a much better outing than he did yesterday. He went to an 0-2 count on so many guys, but couldn't put them away. I believe Millar homered on an 0-2 count in the second inning. If he stops hanging breaking balls, he'll be fine. He has a very favorable schedule this month, so I'm sticking with him.

8 ER to CWS????

Wha happened????

A combination of running into the hottest offense in baseball, and also not being that great to begin with.

..not sure how they scored that a hit to gonzalez. o well got out of the inning, albeit high pitch count

deeealing

Yes sir! Him and Baker both.

Outdueling Peavy so far: 5IP 2H 0ER 0BB 7K

wow i love this kid. this is his first start for me, and i alreayd have visions of him on my roster for a few years!

luckily watching the game and this kid is dominating. gets ahead in every count 0-1 or 0-2. so much control.

he's actually part of the reason i felt i could unload some depth. i saw him and baker sitting on the wire, did a 5 for 3 trade and picked up these 2 kids.

I drafted him, he did nothing for me, dropped him, he did well, picked him up and he got destroyed, dropped him and now he's doing well again. I know he's good but he'll just burn me again.

He's the second coming of Greg Maddux!!

lol, i'm the official Kevin Slowey spokesperson on this forum and I have to ask to you to calm down. He's going to have a James Shield-like season, and will one year soon peak like a Brad Radke at his prime. Greg Maddux's are few and far between.

lol, i'm the official Kevin Slowey spokesperson on this forum and I have to ask to you to calm down. He's going to have a James Shield-like season, and will one year soon peak like a Brad Radke at his prime. Greg Maddux's are few and far between.

Yeah I have compared him to a Brad radke type. He's a solid pitcher, but he always seems to mix a very bad start in with the good ones. And that's to be expected, but nothings worse then the 5.2 Innings 3 ERs..no quality start and usually no win. But enough of me complaining. I hope he keeps it up.

Brad Radke in his prime was just kinda good, and that was like only for one or two season. I don't really get your post?...Radke-like is supposed to be better than Shields-like? Radke is probably the most mediocore overrated pitcher I've ever seen as a Twins fan. Shields is a K-mister, Radke never K-ed anyone.

yeah i dont get mr. kevin slowey's spokesperson's comment about just being james shields, yet a radke in his prime. shields so far in his brief stint has shown he can be an effective K pitcher, whereas slowey was not really a strikeout guy and was a fairly mediocre pitcher.

yeah i dont get mr. kevin slowey's spokesperson's comment about just being james shields, yet a radke in his prime. shields so far in his brief stint has shown he can be an effective K pitcher, whereas slowey was not really a strikeout guy and was a fairly mediocre pitcher.

Um...Slowey's career is just getting off the ground. Obviously I was just kidding with the Maddux comparison (for some reason some goofball took my coment serious???) But the kid seems to have potential, I don't think he's hit the top of his bell-curve yet dispite you judging him by his past.