Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HighLanderZ

Kevin Slowey 2008

Um...Slowey's career is just getting off the ground. Obviously I was just kidding with the Maddux comparison (for some reason some goofball took my coment serious???) But the kid seems to have potential, I don't think he's hit the top of his bell-curve yet dispite you judging him by his past.

i wasnt talking about ur comment, i made a mistake in that post, replace the last slowey with radke. i was agreeing with u.

and good to see sloweys 7 innings flushed down the toilet by the pen!! makes me so happy.

Maddux's first two years, era 5.52 & 5.62. Yeah you can really project a pitchers entire career by how he does his first two years.

I had Peavy and Slowey going h2h tonight. ND for both but both were very good.

Here's hoping Hoffman gets a save at least so I don't end up empty handed completely.

i wasnt talking about ur comment, i made a mistake in that post, replace the last slowey with radke. i was agreeing with u.

and good to see sloweys 7 innings flushed down the toilet by the pen!! makes me so happy.

He only pitched 6

Anyone gonna start him vs. Sheets tomorrow? I am leaning toward benching him. Brewers can take him deep and he probably won't get much run support.

he's definetly taking the mound for me, but i'm the wrong guy to ask i throw my kids out there thru thick and thin

Poor call on my part. I just thought his fastball would get hit hard for HR today, but I guess not as he has 4 K's through 5, and only 1 hit aloud with no walks and no earned runs.

I have not seen this kid pitch live yet. How does he look? His command seems impressive given his low walk rate. What type of pitches does he throw? How about his speed/velocity? Is he more of a finesse pitcher or is he blowing gas by these fellas?

Thanks for any input.

I really need to catch him live next time the A's play against the Twins.

Hidden

Should I drop Liriano and pick up Slowey, what you think guys?

I benched him today, yet I started Pedro vs. Yanks. So dumb.

Ah well, Slowey ahead of Pedro on the depth chart from now on.

this two hitting the brewers is killing my offensive day.....

I have not seen this kid pitch live yet. How does he look? His command seems impressive given his low walk rate. What type of pitches does he throw? How about his speed/velocity? Is he more of a finesse pitcher or is he blowing gas by these fellas?

Thanks for any input.

I really need to catch him live next time the A's play against the Twins.

Control pitcher that goes right after hitters and gets ahead in the count. Has an average fastball at 89-92 that can be hit hard for longballs because it doesn't have great movement. He also throws a 2-seamer, and has a curve, change, and a slider. Slider being his best outpitch, but its just above average. He has excellent control and relies heavily on it, and he should be good for WHIP, K/BB and any stat related to BB's. He's K'ing guys at a solid rate, so I expect his ERA to be under 4. Think James Shields but less K's because he doesn't have the great changeup Shields has.

wow domination.

^^ to dude above, i wouldnt really say average fastball, cuz he *can* dial it up to 94/95 when needed. just K'd Braun on his last pitch of the game with a 94 mph heater. and he's normally around 92 or so i think. but yeah he's not an overpowering pitcher at all. but if u look at his minor league stats, they're pretty flat out filthy.

Control pitcher that goes right after hitters and gets ahead in the count. Has an average fastball at 89-92 that can be hit hard for longballs because it doesn't have great movement. He also throws a 2-seamer, and has a curve, change, and a slider. Slider being his best outpitch, but its just above average. He has excellent control and relies heavily on it, and he should be good for WHIP, K/BB and any stat related to BB's. He's K'ing guys at a solid rate, so I expect his ERA to be under 4. Think James Shields but less K's because he doesn't have the great changeup Shields has.

His fastball actually had alot of movement today. This kid looks good, very controlled, very poised. A Maddux-esque performance from what I saw. It might be too late to jump on board after this CG shutout, but he'll be a good one.

good for slowey owners, but ugh...

Thank you Mr. Slowey!

+47 pts for slowey today in my league - my easy win has now turned into a nailbiter....

+47 pts for slowey today in my league - my easy win has now turned into a nailbiter....

Dude was a stud today and really has been all year. Glad to be a Slowey owner!

lol, slowey is a beast, and for some reason still available in >80% of espn leagues.

2008 season to date (72 2/3 IP) : 5 W, 3.47 ERA, 1.03 WHIP, 54K/9BB = 6.00 K/BB

Yeahhh, and he posts a 9.00 ERA and 1.61 WHIP while he's on my team... and this is what he does when he's not on my team B)