Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jrag_5

Rick Nash trade

Hi everyone!

I've been offered the following deal:

I get: Alexander Radulov (RW), Mike Green (D), Saku Koivu ©

I give up: Rick Nash (LW), Brian Rafalski (D)

I'd drop Tobias Enstrom

Any thoughts on if I should make this?

A few other names the same guy also has: JP Dumont, Niklas Kronwall, Spezza, Eric Staal, Vanek, Kunitz, Naslund, Cammalleri to name a few potential counter-offers....

Or, I could try to build Nash/Rafalski/someone deal involving Chara/Sundin with another guy.

Thanks!!

My current team (it's a bit silly, a 6-team H2H league at work, so we all make playoffs...but...)

25-man rosters!! G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, & for goalies, W, GAA, SV%, SHO.

C: Gomez, Getzlaf, Langkow, Datsyuk, Ollie Jokinen, Horton (C/RW), Sykora (C/RW), Boyes (C/RW), Tkachuk (C/LW)

LW: Nash, Shanahan, Ryan Malone, Patrick Sharp (LW/RW), (Tkachuk C/LW)

RW: Iginla, Gaborik, Vrbata, (Horton C/RW), (Sykora C/RW), (Boyes C/RW), (Sharp LW/RW)

D: Markov, Enstrom, Adrian Aucoin, Mark Streit, Lidstrom, Rafalski (IR)

G: Thomas, Brodeur, Bryzgalov, Conklin

yeah I dunno about this one, is it one year? If it is then I don't think you take it. In a 6 teamer Koivu is pretty much ww material... Green is solid but so is Rafalski so to me thats a wash. So the deal comes down to Rads for Nash, which I just don't I'd do. Rads is good but isn't going to carry the Preds this season. Arnott and Dumont probably will. Nash has been solid. He's never had a season more than 65 points, so this will probably be the first time he cracks that mark. I think hes a solid own, especially if you have the GWG, PIM and SOG categories, Nash is a bit better own than Rads.

I would probably ask for Vanek instead of Rads he's just a tad more proven and seems to be hitting a hot streak. I'd probably try that first.

To me Nash Rafalski for Chara Sundin seems to be a better deal statistically than the one that you have in place. I'll look more in depth once I get home.

Nash has gotten 11 points in the past 10 games... 7 G 4 A so he's on a pretty decent hot streak right now.

Rads is at 10 points in 10 games... 3 G 7 A... so almost the same boat as Nash but depending on what you need more goals or assists.

Vanek 13 points in the last 10 games... 7 G 6 A so hes probably the hottest outta all three of them. The kick is 5 of the 7 have been on the PP and on top of that he's thrown a ton of shots on net too.

So I dunno if you think Rads is worth it then by all means go after Rads, I just think if you can land Vanek you're getting a bit more in Vanek than Rads. Nash carries a big name with him so landing Vanek might be plausible. Plus you've got so many C's already adding Koivu probably doesn't matter much, you might be better off just offering Nash + Rafalski for Green + Vanek, but its entirely up to you.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the input. I agree Koivu is a wash - I don't need his numbers or another C. Just trying to decide now if Vanek/Green for Nash/Rafalski is a wash and therefore helps me significantly or not...!

Thanks again. Decided to say no to deal because I can't get anything better for Nash at the moment.

Instead, looking to improve defense. I made a separate thread, but FYI:

Currently have: Markov, Lidstrom, Aucoin, Streit, Enstrom (and Rafalski on IR).

I'm dropping Enstrom to activate Rafalski, but wondering about replacing Aucoin with someone else.

Someone's willing to trade me either Niklas Kronwall or Mike Green. Don't know if it's smart to have three Red Wings on dee, considering all are returning from injury (Kronwall, Lidstrom, Rafalski).

Top available FA's on defense: Wideman, Rivet, Martin, Burns, Seabrook, Zidlicky, Coburn, Meszaros, Keith, Bouwmeester, Spacek, Kubina.

Thanks

answered it in the other thread.