Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SiCespedes52

Is This Collusion?

Prepare yourself for a semi-long post...

I am a Co-Commish for one of my leagues that has been around for over 10 years. With some turnover from last year, we had to recruit to some players. I got one of my buddies from school to join the league. He missed the draft because of a concert and was auto-picked. After the draft he posted a trade block and texted me asking if I wanted to trade. After discussion, we came to agreement on the following trade:

I send: Rob Gronkowski (2nd Round Pick, 11th overall), Arian Foster (8th Round Pick, 81st overall)

I receive: Marshawn Lynch (1st Round Pick, 5th overall), Odell Beckham Jr. (2nd Round Pick, 16th overall)

Our starting line-ups are QB, RB, RB, WR/TE, WR/TE, WR/TE, K, D/ST.

My starting line-up after the trade is:

QB - D. Brees

RB - M. Lynch

RB - C. Hyde

WR/TE - D. Thomas

WR/TE - O. Beckham Jr.

FLEX - M. Evans

K - J. Tucker

D/ST - New York Jets

One of my other friends in the league is calling this the worst post-draft trade he's ever seen and is calling me out for colluding. Is this a colludable trade? Nobody voiced their opinion during the 2 day pending period, and only since the trade went through is he making comments on it?

My verdict on this matter depends solely on finding out who it was your buddy saw in concert that caused him to miss the draft in the first place...

I should also note that my buddy had proposed the trade to me. I didn't actively seek to "collude." The trade was simply proposed to me. How was I going to say no on getting Lynch and OBJ?

Nothing wrong with the trade and if other owner(s) had a issue with it they should have spoken up BEFORE the 2 day waiting period

Nothing wrong with the trade and if other owner(s) had a issue with it they should have spoken up BEFORE the 2 day waiting period

That's what I'm trying to tell him and his response was, "I didn't look until now" and that "no one is actively looking at the league" and that I "snuck it in there."

It's almost laughable.

My verdict on this matter depends solely on finding out who it was your buddy saw in concert that caused him to miss the draft in the first place...

Seriously though, I got no issue with that deal, let alone to be suspicious of collusion. Point your league criers to this thread and we'll handle the rest for you...

you definitely got the better end of the trade that is undeniable

I think it's a pretty shady trade and should be turned over.

I'm all for letting people trade but it's not even fair. 2 first rounders for 1 first rounder and a guy who could be out half the season.

But when does "getting the better end" of a trade make it collusion?

you cant deny the optics look pretty bad, not saying you colluded by any means, sounded like you got offered a deal anyone here would take, but for the rest of the league they see two first rounders going to a late first maybe second round guy and someone who is at best coming back week 4. if i was in the league i would be less than thrilled this went through.

edit: I see OBJ went in the 2.16 which is actually a steal from where ive seen him normally go, a 1st round talent i should say*

you cant deny the optics look pretty bad, not saying you colluded by any means, sounded like you got offered a deal anyone here would take, but for the rest of the league they see two first rounders going to a late first maybe second round guy and someone who is at best coming back week 4. if i was in the league i would be less than thrilled this went through.

edit: I see OBJ went in the 2.16 which is actually a steal from where ive seen him normally go, a 1st round talent i should say*

Which makes complete sense, 100% and I agree with you. My only issue is why didn't people speak up when the trade was in its pending phase? Only since the trade went through are they (aka one person) making a scene?

Which makes complete sense, 100% and I agree with you. My only issue is why didn't people speak up when the trade was in its pending phase? Only since the trade went through are they (aka one person) making a scene?

people werent keeping up with the league, not sure what your veto rules are but lets say angry man voted no Im assuming it would take 3-4? to do as well so the rest of the league was sleeping and allowed a crazy lopsided trade to go through.

Leave it be. If you throw in Evans now, more owners will begin thinking that you are feeling guilty about something.

Leave it be. If you throw in Evans now, more owners will begin thinking that you are feeling guilty about something.

It's just annoying that I'm being accused of collusion when the trade was offered to me.

don't add evans. if you're being honest and its not collusion, i wouldn't veto the trade. your team is now really stacked but in a league where obj went to the 16th pick, I'm sure there are others stacked as well. if this trade gets vetoed, then all trades can be vetoed as well. it sucks to go throughout the season, where all trades are being vetoed. different managers value different players differently. if foster comes back week 4 and is the number 1 rb ros, and the trade is vetoed, id be pissed if i was the one getting him. in doug martins rookie year, i trade megatron for doug martin and julio jones. the trade was vetoed unanimously. doug martin and julio jones ended up outscoring megatron. it was a 16 team league. so week 1 value will differ from week 16 value. if last season adrian peterson, zac stacy, reggie bush and cordarelle patterson were traded for justin forsett, jeremy hill, cj anderson and obj, the trade would have been seen as lopsided, but at week 16, which 4 would you rather have?

It's just annoying that I'm being accused of collusion when the trade was offered to me.

i hear ya, im sure you have, but make a post detailing the situation that it was offered to you that you didnt start it in any way and they had their chance to stop it within the league rules. they were asleep at the wheel and this is the price they pay. and if they were in your shoes they would all take the deal 100% of the time, if they say they wouldnt they're liars.

don't add evans. if you're being honest and its not collusion, i wouldn't veto the trade. your team is now really stacked but in a league where obj went to the 16th pick, I'm sure there are others stacked as well. if this trade gets vetoed, then all trades can be vetoed as well. it sucks to go throughout the season, where all trades are being vetoed. different managers value different players differently. if foster comes back week 4 and is the number 1 rb ros, and the trade is vetoed, id be pissed if i was the one getting him. in doug martins rookie year, i trade megatron for doug martin and julio jones. the trade was vetoed unanimously. doug martin and julio jones ended up outscoring megatron. it was a 16 team league. so week 1 value will differ from week 16 value. if last season adrian peterson, zac stacy, reggie bush and cordarelle patterson were traded for justin forsett, jeremy hill, cj anderson and obj, the trade would have been seen as lopsided, but at week 16, which 4 would you rather have?

It was a 100% honest trade. I respect the league, my league mates, and fantasy sports more than that to cheat in a league.

You make a very good point about value changing throughout the season. I tried telling him that but all he is doing and looking at the trade in a vacuum. 1st and 2nd round picks for a 2nd and 8th.

i hear ya, im sure you have, but make a post detailing the situation that it was offered to you that you didnt start it in any way and they had their chance to stop it within the league rules. they were asleep at the wheel and this is the price they pay. and if they were in your shoes they would all take the deal 100% of the time, if they say they wouldnt they're liars.

Yahoo sends out a generate email once a trade is accepted. The trade was out pending for 2 days. It is very noticeable when a trade is pending if you go to the main league page and also under the "MyTeam" tab. What am I supposed to do? Hold everyone's hands and text them once a trade goes through?

Yahoo sends out a generate email once a trade is accepted. The trade was out pending for 2 days. It is very noticeable when a trade is pending if you go to the main league page and also under the "MyTeam" tab. What am I supposed to do? Hold everyone's hands and text them once a trade goes through?

I agree, just saying if it were me i would just make a league post and say what you have here/ what everyone has discussed and point out they had their chance to stop this trade and they missed their opportunity

That's what I'm trying to tell him and his response was, "I didn't look until now" and that "no one is actively looking at the league" and that I "snuck it in there."

It's almost laughable.

That is laughable