Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SiCespedes52

Is This Collusion?

From what you described, it's not collusion. I never would've given up Lynch and Beckham for that but everybody sees things differently. Just because it looks really uneven to me doesn't mean it's collusion. Weird maybe, not particularly intelligent possibly, but that's it. Don't add anything to the trade. It got proposed and accepted as is and if people didn't want it to go through there's a procedure to deal with that.

Nothing wrong with the trade and if other owner(s) had a issue with it they should have spoken up BEFORE the 2 day waiting period

That's what I'm trying to tell him and his response was, "I didn't look until now" and that "no one is actively looking at the league" and that I "snuck it in there."

It's almost laughable.

That is laughable

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Our commish of the league is actually my dad. He has no teams in the league, although my brother and I are in it. Since he is a "third party" commish, he is completely objective with trades, etc. He even said the trade wasn't that bad and definitely not something worth stepping in on.

From what you described, it's not collusion. I never would've given up Lynch and Beckham for that but everybody sees things differently. Just because it looks really uneven to me doesn't mean it's collusion. Weird maybe, not particularly intelligent possibly, but that's it. Don't add anything to the trade. It got proposed and accepted as is and if people didn't want it to go through there's a procedure to deal with that.

Yeah that's what I'm going to do. Just especially frustrating when I have people threatening the integrity of the league saying they're going to throw their games and sell off their places based on a trade.

Tell them that they had 2 days to look at it. When they complain and use those excuses mentioned earlier. Let tgrm know if they spent as much time running their own team as they did trying to run other leaguemates, they would've known. They had 2 days. If nothing is brought up then, it's their fault. Not yours. I drafted a team 2 weeks ago. I log on everyday to check the recent activity. I will be doing this for all 5 leagues once drafted. Not hard to take your phone with you for your morning poop and check your leagues. If they don't, it's their fault, not yours.

Tell them that they had 2 days to look at it. When they complain and use those excuses mentioned earlier. Let tgrm know if they spent as much time running their own team as they did trying to run other leaguemates, they would've known. They had 2 days. If nothing is brought up then, it's their fault. Not yours. I drafted a team 2 weeks ago. I log on everyday to check the recent activity. I will be doing this for all 5 leagues once drafted. Not hard to take your phone with you for your morning poop and check your leagues. If they don't, it's their fault, not yours.

If it was possible to "like" this twice, I would. I am in 8 leagues and check in on them daily.

Leave it be. If you throw in Evans now, more owners will begin thinking that you are feeling guilty about something.

It's just annoying that I'm being accused of collusion when the trade was offered to me.

You realize it's because A) for it to be collusion you both sorta have to be in on It and 2) you're getting literally an unbelievable deal.

But hey to those people that didn't say anything sucks for them I guess.

Leave it be. If you throw in Evans now, more owners will begin thinking that you are feeling guilty about something.

It's just annoying that I'm being accused of collusion when the trade was offered to me.

You realize it's because A) for it to be collusion you both sorta have to be in on It and 2) you're getting literally an unbelievable deal.

There was absolutely nothing for people to be "in on." My buddy set a price for Lynch and OBJ. I gave him what he wanted. He was in the driver's seat this whole trade negotiations.

Yeah that's what I'm going to do. Just especially frustrating when I have people threatening the integrity of the league saying they're going to throw their games and sell off their places based on a trade.

If your league is currently vetoing by vote, sometimes it can cause problems when people don't pay attention at the right time. You can always switch to a Commish veto next year (I think, I haven't played Yahoo in years). Especially if the Commish is a third party without a team, that might be your best option. For this year and this trade, the one guy who seems to have really strong feelings about it will have to deal. The guy that proposed the trade should probably tell the angry guy what his thought process was and that he proposed the trade without talking to you. That ought to demonstrate that there wasn't any collusion. After that, there aren't many leagues I know of that veto trades based on perceived fairness because everybody feels like they need something different for their team so even if it looks unfair it might fit some plan that the owner has. It doesn't matter if the plan doesn't make sense to anybody else.

There was absolutely nothing for people to be "in on." My buddy set a price for Lynch and OBJ. I gave him what he wanted. He was in the driver's seat this whole trade negotiations.

Yeah and Gronk and Foster is a garbage price and one that reeks of a buddy discount. it's cool though you got an awesome deal. Like i said sucks for everyone that didn't speak up.

If your league is currently vetoing by vote, sometimes it can cause problems when people don't pay attention at the right time. You can always switch to a Commish veto next year (I think, I haven't played Yahoo in years). Especially if the Commish is a third party without a team, that might be your best option. For this year and this trade, the one guy who seems to have really strong feelings about it will have to deal. The guy that proposed the trade should probably tell the angry guy what his thought process was and that he proposed the trade without talking to you. That ought to demonstrate that there wasn't any collusion. After that, there aren't many leagues I know of that veto trades based on perceived fairness because everybody feels like they need something different for their team so even if it looks unfair it might fit some plan that the owner has. It doesn't matter if the plan doesn't make sense to anybody else.

The thing is we do utilize the "Veto by Commish" settings. My dad, the Commish, takes any public concerns (aka posting on the message board) very seriously. The buddy who is complaining about the trade said the commish never stepped in because he was "in on it" too.

Yeah and Gronk and Foster is a garbage price and one that reeks of a buddy discount. it's cool though you got an awesome deal. Like i said sucks for everyone that didn't speak up.

He snagged Foster in the 6th round of another league we're in, so he must have some sort of attraction to him?

I think its been pretty well established that while I did get the better end of a trade because I was willing to pay the price set by my friend, the other owners in the league could have, and should have, spoken up during the 2 day pending period.

Thanks for the insight everyone. As always, I greatly appreciate it.

If Foster was heathy I could understand it. But that's potentially 6 weeks without a stud RB, if he was that high on Foster then yeah trade for him when he comes back.

Lynch for Foster is collusion. I would not be a happy camper if someone pulled that in my league.

The original trade was Gronk for Lynch. That is not collusion. The back end added on was Foster for OBJ and my buddy told me that he wanted Foster. There was no cheating involved at all, I simply paid the asking price. Whether it might has been below Lynch and OBJ's values, it's how my friend valued the players he was receiving.

You don't see anything wrong with him giving up his 2nd round pick for the other guys 8th rounder? At some point in the season, guys will over or underperform their ADP, but the season hasn't started yet. As of now, ODB is wayyyyyy more valuable than Foster. Not an even trade.

The most important thing here is that the dude's team was autodrafted.

He probably just doesn't like the guys he got

First off, I can see why someone might be upset with this trade, because the values are quite far off IMO. The problem isn't just the differential between Lynch and Foster, but due to your league's roster settings I don't even think Gronk holds 1st round value like he would in a normal league. If you have no true TE spot, and only have WR/TE spots, then Gronk's value is somewhat diminished. He is a 1st round talent because he's so much better than the other TE's; if you don't even have to roster a TE, then he's basically valued as a WR. In that regard, he's no more valuable than a Mike Evans or TY Hilton. Essentially, Lynch >> Foster and OBJ > Gronk in your league.

That being said, it's not collusion if everything went the way you are saying it did. I'd also say the complainant is SOL if he missed the voting period. If he signed up for the league and read the rules he knows that a trade has a 2-day period for concerns to be brought forward, so saying he missed it because he didn't sign in isn't an excuse. He has every right to be upset about the trade not being fair, but he doesn't really have any recourse at this point.

Is your friend an experienced fantasy footballer? I'm not trying to be rude, but the situation reeks of an inexperienced owner that doesn't have a good understanding of player value. If that is the case, it may not be collusion, but it's not something to feel great about either. As a co-commish and the recruiter of this friend, I'd feel a lot better maybe trying to give him some guidance rather than jumping on a poor trade offer and taking advantage. On the other hand, if he's experienced and knows what he's doing then I wouldn't feel too much guilt. I might be jumping to conclusions, but my gut tells me he's not very experienced and you do feel some guilt, which is why you posted this thread in the first place.

you want to know collusion??

check this out...

one guy in my league (my cousin)

trades his Bears defense for Antonio Brown ...($50 League too)

like cmon ....wtf it hasnt even been week 1 yet