Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SiCespedes52

Is This Collusion?

First off, I can see why someone might be upset with this trade, because the values are quite far off IMO. The problem isn't just the differential between Lynch and Foster, but due to your league's roster settings I don't even think Gronk holds 1st round value like he would in a normal league. If you have no true TE spot, and only have WR/TE spots, then Gronk's value is somewhat diminished. He is a 1st round talent because he's so much better than the other TE's; if you don't even have to roster a TE, then he's basically valued as a WR. In that regard, he's no more valuable than a Mike Evans or TY Hilton. Essentially, Lynch >> Foster and OBJ > Gronk in your league.

That being said, it's not collusion if everything went the way you are saying it did. I'd also say the complainant is SOL if he missed the voting period. If he signed up for the league and read the rules he knows that a trade has a 2-day period for concerns to be brought forward, so saying he missed it because he didn't sign in isn't an excuse. He has every right to be upset about the trade not being fair, but he doesn't really have any recourse at this point.

Is your friend an experienced fantasy footballer? I'm not trying to be rude, but the situation reeks of an inexperienced owner that doesn't have a good understanding of player value. If that is the case, it may not be collusion, but it's not something to feel great about either. As a co-commish and the recruiter of this friend, I'd feel a lot better maybe trying to give him some guidance rather than jumping on a poor trade offer and taking advantage. On the other hand, if he's experienced and knows what he's doing then I wouldn't feel too much guilt. I might be jumping to conclusions, but my gut tells me he's not very experienced and you do feel some guilt, which is why you posted this thread in the first place.

Yes my friend is an experienced fantasy footballer and football fan. It is against my fantasy sport moral to take advantage of somebody because they lack experience. I am in another league with this guy and he took Foster in the 6th round. He values him pretty highly.

As somebody said above, he was auto-picked players he doesn't like. He is a big time 49ers fan and absolutely hates Marshawn Lynch. Does that mean he should trade him for pennies on the dollar? Not necessarily. But I think he has the right to set asking prices for his players. Whether or not he receives "full" value that someone else might get is irrelevant.

Was it a bad trade on his part? Maybe. Did he not get full value for Lynch and OBJ? Maybe. Was it collusion? Absolutely not. There was no cheating involved whatsoever.

you want to know collusion??

check this out...

one guy in my league (my cousin)

trades his Bears defense for Antonio Brown ...($50 League too)

like cmon ....wtf it hasnt even been week 1 yet

See that s**t is collusion. I don't even think Bears defense was getting drafted in my leagues..

Not collusion but it's not an even trade at all. Especially without a dedicated TE sopot. that being said...every owner is allowed to speculate future value on any player he chooses. Other teams don't have to agree with that assessment- collusion is completely different. I would post on the league page the specifics of how you were offered a trade and have the poor sap who proposed this trade post as well. His reasons why and how he doesn't appreciate having his integrity questioned.

I'd consider adding Evans to the deal just to keep the peace if it comes down to it...under protest of course

None of this makes any sense

1st things 1st. The title of this thread asks the question "Is this Collusion?"

That question can only be answered by you. Did you and your friend conspire to cheat and stack a team?

Secondly, you said that the guy missed the draft and was on auto pick. You also said that you took Foster 81st overall. Well Foster is pre ranked in the low 50s.

So if your friend was on auto pick he would have already picked Arian Foster by default.

Ok...... now someone could say "Well he probably set his pre rankings before hand"...

Ok that's fair to say but let me say this. If he went out of his way to move Arian Foster all the way down his pre rankings (A move that would suggest that he doesn't want him) why the hell would he turn around and trade this package for him and Gronk?

Seems like a contradiction. And further raises the suspicion of this lopsided trade.

Depends on how auto-pick is set up. Each site uses their own algorithm to do autopick. I know of one that doesn't draft anyone that is injured. This maybe how this site works. And maybe why he is overpaying for him. He wanted Foster but autopick passed on him for the injury.

That question can only be answered by you. Did you and your friend conspire to cheat and stack a team?

Secondly, you said that the guy missed the draft and was on auto pick. You also said that you took Foster 81st overall. Well Foster is pre ranked in the low 50s.

So if your friend was on auto pick he would have already picked Arian Foster by default.

Ok...... now someone could say "Well he probably set his pre rankings before hand"...

Ok that's fair to say but let me say this. If he went out of his way to move Arian Foster all the way down his pre rankings (A move that would suggest that he doesn't want him) why the hell would he turn around and trade this package for him and Gronk?

Seems like a contradiction. And further raises the suspicion of this lopsided trade.

Actually he was ranked in the 80s before about 3 weeks ago. His injury recovery has been trending up.

Actually he was ranked in the 80s before about 3 weeks ago. His injury recovery has been trending up.

ok that explains it that auto pick issue.

So that actually makes the trade worse than it looks now. In the original post he said that this trade was discussed right after the draft.

Either way the trade has long been accepted and processed. I'm not sure why nobody raised the red flag on this deal 3 weeks ago.

I guess they snuck this by everybody in there league. I don't think it was collusion but my God his "Friend" is a bad Fantasy Football Manager.

Yeah I agree Cdub. That's why I wouldn't mind throwing in Evans if it keeps the peace. One trade is never worth blowing up your reputation for the future. Still a killer deal

Our draft was held on Tuesday the 1st of this month. I had ajusted my pre-draft rankings to reflect my cheat sheet and Foster was listed as 79th overall. I don't recall what Yahoo! had him at, but I know it must have been in the same ballpark. I know that my auto-picked buddy set his pre-draft rankings, but only to move L. Murray down on the list. I don't know that he bumnped anyone up.

We are in a Yahoo! league and I don't quite know their auto-pick algorithums. It seemed like it was selecting the best avialable/highest ranked player for him.

The trade was accepted on Sept 4th and was pushed through by Yahoo! after the 2-day pending period on Sept 6th.

To address the only I can answer if it's collusion question. No, my buddy and I didn't team up and intentionally pick to stack a team. There's no way I would do that. This league is like my baby. I've been one of the original GMs since it started in 2004. I am not that much of a dick to cheat in a league that has a $75.00 payout for 1st place.

Here was his reasoning for doing the trade: "Foster is an elite fantasy back when healthy, and reports are saying he'll be good to go in week 3, so it's a 2 week investment. Any other year and he gets taken in round 1 or 2."

I think it's a pretty shady trade and should be turned over.

I'm all for letting people trade but it's not even fair. 2 first rounders for 1 first rounder and a guy who could be out half the season.

Bad trades shouldnt be overturned. Thats called being bitter and jealous.

.... honestly I don't think there is a thing called collusion. No two people would ever knowingly tell there leaguemates they colluded so there collusion partner can win a league. If I am going to collude with another leaguemate I need to know my collusion partner real good and know he isn't a snitch. The trade reeks and smells but some people are just plain stupid when it comes to player values.

this whole thing reeks. Si knows IT and that is why he made this thread and have defended his actions. His Dad is the LM who doesn't have a team??? strange but hey strange could be the new normal.

Si stop -- your friend is NOT an experience fantasy owner .... and experience fantasy owner does not trade Marshawn Lynch (#1 running back) because he likes the 49ers and hates the Seahawks for and injury-prone Arian Foster. Then this experience fantasy owner trades the highly Odell-Beckham who has a cult-following.

isn't it grand you got one of your buddies from school to join the league then missed the draft....

My two cents: Just because a trade is one sided or someone is getting the better end of the deal, does not make it collusion.

I follow the below link on whether I vote against a trade or scream collusion:

http://fantasyfootballcafe.com/discussion/13/the-dreaded-trade-veto

I am commissioner of my office league and there were a few guys who would collude prior to me taking over. Trying to loan players, loading up one team at the expense of another etc etc.

I would have to see what both teams looked like after the trade to state whether this was collusion. Your Buddy who was on Autodraft probably needed some key pieces and was willing to pass to get Gronk.

He may be a complete rookie and just not know.

One thing I can say is that if you are looking at this trade from the perspective that both teams are getting better, collusion is not occuring. If his team is completely diminished while your team was enhanced...and he offered trade...he is an idiot for offering the trade.

.... honestly I don't think there is a thing called collusion. No two people would ever knowingly tell there leaguemates they colluded so there collusion partner can win a league. If I am going to collude with another leaguemate I need to know my collusion partner real good and know he isn't a snitch. The trade reeks and smells but some people are just plain stupid when it comes to player values.

this whole thing reeks. Si knows IT and that is why he made this thread and have defended his actions. His Dad is the LM who doesn't have a team??? strange but hey strange could be the new normal.

Si stop -- your friend is NOT an experience fantasy owner .... and experience fantasy owner does not trade Marshawn Lynch (#1 running back) because he likes the 49ers and hates the Seahawks for and injury-prone Arian Foster. Then this experience fantasy owner trades the highly Odell-Beckham who has a cult-following.

isn't it grand you got one of your buddies from school to join the league then missed the draft....

So you have to be an experienced fantasy owner to make trades?

experience or inexperience ---- does it matter?

experience or inexperience ---- does it matter?

No it doesn't so if he doesnt know much about football and makes the trade because he likes gronk and foster, why should the trade be vetoed?

Of course it matters, Gary. It's not always possible to fill the league with experienced owners. Gotta have the training wheels on sometimes. Experienced owner makes me think the guy just has bad judgement. Can't fix that. Inexperienced owner makes me think he needs guidance and sometimes the commish has to step in

Of course it matters, Gary. It's not always possible to fill the league with experienced owners. Gotta have the training wheels on sometimes. Experienced owner makes me think the guy just has bad judgement. Can't fix that. Inexperienced owner makes me think he needs guidance and sometimes the commish has to step in

If you were in this situation and got marshawn + ODB but then the commish negated the deal saying that the other owner is new, youd be ok with that?

bhawks no where in my first post I wrote this trade should be vetoed. I am for all trades should be process and none should be vetoed, let the owners make mistakes .... I just think Si did a dirty and he knows IT, but nowhere do I think Si tried to cheat and made this inexperience owner make this trade.

maybe Lynch & OBD will get injured ..... then this inexperience owner has hit the big one

bhawks no where in my first post I wrote this trade should be vetoed. I am for all trades should be process and none should be vetoed, let the owners make mistakes .... I just think Si did a dirty and he knows IT, but nowhere do I think Si tried to cheat and made this inexperience owner make this trade.

maybe Lynch & OBD will get injured ..... then this inexperience owner has hit the big one

I apologize, I misread.

It is shady to try and scam the noobies but if this trade were offered to me i couldnt accept fast enough.

My opinion is secondary to the health of the league, bhawks. Would I be happy? No. Would I work with the commish to find an acceptable alternative? Sure.

This league started back in 2004 when the majority of the league was 12 years old. So my dad being the LM isn't that strange. How do you expect a bunch of 12 year olds to successfully run a fantasy football league? Of course as the years have gone on and we have gotten to know fantasy, he has stepped back a bit and just makes sure everyone pays, we get a draft time set, and nobody tries and shady business.

My two cents: Just because a trade is one sided or someone is getting the better end of the deal, does not make it collusion.

I follow the below link on whether I vote against a trade or scream collusion:

http://fantasyfootballcafe.com/discussion/13/the-dreaded-trade-veto

I am commissioner of my office league and there were a few guys who would collude prior to me taking over. Trying to loan players, loading up one team at the expense of another etc etc.

I would have to see what both teams looked like after the trade to state whether this was collusion. Your Buddy who was on Autodraft probably needed some key pieces and was willing to pass to get Gronk.

He may be a complete rookie and just not know.

One thing I can say is that if you are looking at this trade from the perspective that both teams are getting better, collusion is not occuring. If his team is completely diminished while your team was enhanced...and he offered trade...he is an idiot for offering the trade.

My team roster is in the original post.

His roster is as follows:

QB - A. Rodgers, M. Stafford

RB - M. Ingram, A. Ellington, A. Foster, L. Blount

WR/TE - R. Gronkowski, T. Kelce, T. Smith, K. Wright

D/ST - Seattle, Kansas City

K - S. Gostkowski, D. Carpenter

(Yahoo! auto-picked him 2 K and 2 D/ST.)

This thread is still going on?

If I could like this, I would, but Rotoworld says I have used my "likes" for the day.

I didn't expect this to still be going.