Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ZChronicNebula

Highest Upside: Alex Smith, Tyrod Taylor, or Blake Bortles ~?~ {WHIR}

Redraft -----> normal Half-PPR settings (but instead, rushing yards are .1pts per yard & .04pts per yard for passing.)

Currently have Smith backing Luck & Eli... Would you drop him for Taylor or Bortles? Thinking Tyrod because of the rushing yards.

If i had to pick i would go smith but even at that, whenever your bye weeks for luck-eli comes those options will still be on the WW. I dont see a point of getting one now.

i would look at when luck and eli have byes and see who has better match ups those weeks considering that would be the only time they see the field on your team

Taylor easily has the highest upside.

But also the lowest floor.

Taylor easily has the highest upside.

But also the lowest floor.

That's what I'm saying/thinking.

Im confused...

dont running QBs have higher floors?

Im confused...

lol I think you might be right my friend.

Taylor's in a good system, good coach. McCoy's banged up.

I could see him having a Mike Vick-lite esc type season.

Im confused...

ha and dont smith, bortels, have job security and taylor is a journeyman that could lose his job at any point

hints low floor

Im confused...

ha and dont smith, bortels, have job security and taylor is a journeyman that could lose his job at any point

hints low floor

Right, right, riiiiight.

Tough/close call so far fellas! Think it's literally a toss-up.

Decision could be clearer after Week1 - no rush.

I think it's pretty even for all of them when you weigh upside versus risk. Alex Smith can run the ball a little as well. He'll have a bout 4-5 games where he gets an extra 2-4 points rushing every year. So while not a rushing QB besides 2013 when he ran for over 400 yards he can get some points. I guess the upside depends on whether you truly believe that the Chiefs signed Maclin to open the offense up like they said. Smith is easily the safest option.

Taylor could have some Kaep like success in the same offense that Kaep ran in San Fran. I know that Kaep isn't deadly accurate and needs some work on his touch but Taylor has been known to very inaccurate. Can he at least match Kaep's accuracy? If he can we could be in for something big. If not he might only give you rushing and not much else. He has the most upside because of the weapons around him but if he struggles early on we could see Manuel in there by week 4 or 5.

I think Bortles has the best combination of upside and floor. He rushed for 419 yards last season and all the stories say that is mechanics have improved. He has some decent offensive weapons. It's his 2nd year in the same system so he isn't learning any new language this year. All signs point to an improvement we just have to see how much he improves.

So as a third QB I would drop Smith. I'm just not sure which one you should go with.

Im confused...

I just meant his floor was losing his job in a couple of weeks. Whereas the other guys are locked into theirs.

Update: I dropped Smith for Taylor. Lineup locked in. & also have Bills over Colts in my pool. Gonna be a fun day! Start off bold.

You heard it hear first folks - Week1: starting an undrafted 'nobody' for my 1st round pick. Feeling confident about it too hahaha.

no way... I, myself and a few others are considering starting Tyrod only because we have Cam... you can't be serious on starting Tyrod over Luck... :rolleyes:

no way... I, myself and a few others are considering starting Tyrod only because we have Cam... you can't be serious on starting Tyrod over Luck... :rolleyes:

Well, I mean, look at the matchup? Indy defense is SO bad. Compared to Buffalo's.

Not crazy for rostering Taylor but crazy to consider benching luck for him. I don't care what the matchup is- that's being too cute

Dropped Broncos D/ST for Gates too.

Current/potential team, I think I'm good. Any weak links?

QB: Luck Eli / Taylor

RB: Forsett Ingram / Blount / Abdullah / Woodhead

WR: Maclin Cooper Robinson / Stevie / Coleman

TE: Gronk Bennett / Gates

DP: LaVonte

D/ST: Bills

K: Bailey

Happy Sunday!

Did people forget about Harry Douglas? Think he'd be a better flier than Gates ATM, don't ya think?

Current/potential team, I think I'm good. Any weak links?

Happy Sunday!

Rostering 3 TEs and 3 QBS is pretty dumb.

Current/potential team, I think I'm good. Any weak links? Dumb you say?

Happy Sunday!

Rostering 3 TEs and 3 QBS is pretty dumb.

Back-up QB to my top-2 & a playoff chip flex play in Gates?

Sorry - 10Team Redraft ----> normal Half-PPR settings (but instead, rushing & receiving yards are .1pts per yard & .04pts per yard for passing.)

2 QB 2 RB 2 WR 2 FLEX 1 TE 1 IDP 1 DST 1 K 7 BE

Didn't realize it was 2 QB, so disregard that part.

I'd drop Gates for another WR/RB. I like a lot of the guys you have but a good amount of question marks.

Didn't realize it was 2 QB, so disregard that part.

I'd drop Gates for another WR/RB. I like a lot of the guys you have but a good amount of question marks.

Forsett, career backup, had a nice year, new coordinator

Blount is a Pats RB

Abdullah is a rookie

Woodhead has Gordon ahead of him

Maclin plays with Alex Smith

I'll stop there, I think its more your RBs that have question marks, love Cooper Stevie and Smith