Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gus030

Owner wants Brady inserted into lineup - drafted during game

I started a league which was drafting during the Pitt/NE game. I told them stats from the game would count.

Draft ended around halftime.

Now this one owner is saying he wants Brady inserted as a starter. The problem is that Aaron Rodgers is the starting QB and Brady was drafted as a backup. I'm not sure I believe that he would have started Brady over Rodgers if he didn't already know outcome of the game.

What is your opinion ?

If you told him that stats from the game would count then I think you have to give him the Brady points.

Unless it was established beforehand that he was slotting rodgers I think you have to give it to him. Theres no way to know if he would have or not.

But he didn't say during the draft or anything that he wanted Brady inserted into the game

Only until this morning he emailed me

Brady was taken in the 5th or 6th round so he could have told me before the game was over

You have to let him. In the future if you are gonna draft during or after the first game. You can put in a rule that any player they play from that game has to be started the next week.

I put up a vote for the other league managers to vote on it

Thanks for input

You either let him have it or don't count week 1 at all for the league.

^ This...

It's kind of messed up that you said one thing, then when someone took your offer, you back out. Putting a league vote doesn't make sense either, since you lead people on thinking they could play the players for TNF if they wanted. People may have drafted differently because of that information.

I would have played Brady over Rodgers, just because I knew he was going to have an amazing ceiling just like Rodgers, and it was the first game of the year.

dont let the other owners vote on it cause of course theyll say no since brady had a good game.

you absolutely have to let him have brady start. keep your word.

I didn't exactly say it like that...

I said that the stats from tonight's game would count...and the players would get locked once drafted so if anyone drafted like Leveon bell or Blount in their lineup they would need to ask me to switch it

During the draft the Leveon bell owner asked me to swap the guy to bench which I did

The other guy was logged into draft and could have told me to switch it then too

dont let the other owners vote on it cause of course theyll say no since brady had a good game.

you absolutely have to let him have brady start. keep your word.

That's very true.

I didn't exactly say it like that...

I said that the stats from tonight's game would count...and the players would get locked once drafted so if anyone drafted like Leveon bell or Blount in their lineup they would need to ask me to switch it

During the draft the Leveon bell owner asked me to swap the guy to bench which I did

The other guy was logged into draft and could have told me to switch it then too

He did though. He asked you the next morning. He followed what you said. It's not his fault that you forgot to say that there was a timelimit on this 'deal'.

You never said "If you tell me the next day, I won't allow it"

Stick to the deal man.

If you don't give him the Brady stats, you are an absolute sh*tty commish. Give it to him and next year draft earlier. Having it come down to a league vote is laughable.

Ok You guys have convinced me, so I will refer to this thread of anyone objects

Rodgers will put up similar numbers against the Bears anyway. Its not worth it to start the season off the wrong way and have people upset over something so small. Put Brady in for him and hope Rodgers throws for 5 TD's. Who cares, its week 1.

This one is ridorkulous

Give him the points, it is what it is. You can't prove he wouldn't have started Brady.

Ok You guys have convinced me, so I will refer to this thread of anyone objects

Pretty much the best idea.

if this was an ESPN league .... and he wanted Brady's points he should have drafted Rodgers for his bench spot and then Brady as the QB ..... ESPN allows you to draft players like I told you

we had a draft last night that started at 9:00pmEST a guy who drafted LeVon Bell slotted him at the bench spot .

I do not think you should give him him his points .....players who get slotted into the starting lineups get the points not guys who slotted in the bench. If you draft on ESPN you should know that is the default setting on ESPN. Last year MLB had games in Japan 1 week before the real games started ..... I drafted Andy Van Slyke as an OF so I could get his homeruns when the Dodgers played in Japan for two games

if this was an ESPN league .... and he wanted Brady's points he should have drafted Rodgers for his bench spot and then Brady as the QB ..... ESPN allows you to draft players like I told you

we had a draft last night that started at 9:00pmEST a guy who drafted LeVon Bell slotted him at the bench spot .

I do not think you should give him him his points .....players who get slotted into the starting lineups get the points not guys who slotted in the bench. If you draft on ESPN you should know that is the default setting on ESPN. Last year MLB had games in Japan 1 week before the real games started ..... I drafted Andy Van Slyke as an OF so I could get his homeruns when the Dodgers played in Japan for two games

How do you draft for a bench spot? ESPN fills your lineup up until there is no more room at that position the starts filling up the bench.

How do you draft for a bench spot? ESPN fills your lineup up until there is no more room at that position the starts filling up the bench.

There's the 'Team Summary' tab or something like that, I might be way off.. but you can definitely switch positions of your players during the draft.. And if this guy really wanted Brady starting over Rodgers, he should have moved it that way in the draft, everyone else had a chance to do that, and so did he.