Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dreams And Dwightmares

FAAB - Waiver Wire Thread

I was on mobile before, but now that I can copy and paste easily here are the tweets I was referring to...

We'll probably only see a few talent/situation/opportunity intersections this year on WW as good as Moncrief and JaJones. Bid accordingly.

Err on the side of spending your WW bucks when you see players that can help your team. Err on side of action over being conservative

Sigmund Bloom retweeted HBQ

WW report w %s coming out later today, but 40 or even 50 percent (or more) is not outlandish at all. Moncrief>Jones

Yes! This is what I want... the WW report w %s. Do you know where that comes out to?

What about lance dunbar in a deep ppr league

No one is talking about this which makes me believe no one really cares. This is my target as well. I'm hoping 10% of my budget here is good enough. This guy seems to me like the real gold being overlooked.

Staying away from moncrief

TY is only day to day and colts faced a fearsome bills d

I doubt this will be the norm but I could be wrong

I was on mobile before, but now that I can copy and paste easily here are the tweets I was referring to...

We'll probably only see a few talent/situation/opportunity intersections this year on WW as good as Moncrief and JaJones. Bid accordingly.

Err on the side of spending your WW bucks when you see players that can help your team. Err on side of action over being conservative

WW report w %s coming out later today, but 40 or even 50 percent (or more) is not outlandish at all. Moncrief>Jones

Yes! This is what I want... the WW report w %s. Do you know where that comes out to?

Football guys pod does a waiver wire show where they go position by position saying how much you should spend on each player. Comes out tomorrow some time I think.

Football guys pod does a waiver wire show where they go position by position saying how much you should spend on each player. Comes out tomorrow some time I think.

Football guys subscription is well worth the money - best fantasy football site and it's not even close.

What do you guys think about AZ David Johnson? Do you think that he can take over the starting job in the next 2 weeks, or is more like by the time he has a chance to work himself into a the #1 back in AZ, Ellington will be back and re-take the starting gig?

In a 12 teamer with 10 bench spots Im thinking somewhere between 5-10% ?

I will toss a second out to Footballguys. That's where I go for my draft as well as in-season management for information. Their content is well worth the $40/year. Won me $150 last year, hoping to win me more this year.

What do you guys think about AZ David Johnson? Do you think that he can take over the starting job in the next 2 weeks, or is more like by the time he has a chance to work himself into a the #1 back in AZ, Ellington will be back and re-take the starting gig?

In a 12 teamer with 10 bench spots Im thinking somewhere between 5-10% ?

I'm surprised D Johnson isn't being mentioned more in here. He was drafted in both my 14-teamers, but if he was available, I'd be willing to drop 25-30% of my budget on him. Can't see CJ2K handling a full-load at this point in his career.

In my view, owners should spend early. The cream rises to the top earlier in the season than later. Last year, I got Forsett for a good amount early and CJ Anderson later on.

I'm not sure if others from my league are on here or not, and if they are they'll know my bidding strategy so I'm hesitant to post my targets, but suffice it to say, I think there is some VERY GOOD talent available on most wires this week.

In my view, owners should spend early. The cream rises to the top earlier in the season than later. Last year, I got Forsett for a good amount early and CJ Anderson later on.

I'm not sure if others from my league are on here or not, and if they are they'll know my bidding strategy so I'm hesitant to post my targets, but suffice it to say, I think there is some VERY GOOD talent available on most wires this week.

Who are the talents? Do you mind ranking them?

I view FAAB budgets like auction draft budgets. I'd rather spend a lot for guys I think will make an impact and have no money later in the season, just like I want studs in auction drafts rather than having an extra $5 for WR3s. As others have mentioned, FAAB does you no good later in the season if your record isn't good enough to make the playoffs. Personally, I sometimes spend up to 80% by Week 4 depending on the situation. For right now, here are some of my bids to give you an idea (out of $100 FAAB budget).

Ronnie Hillman - $71 *IF* signs point to a lingering toe/mid-foot issue for CJ Anderson. Guys like this can win you your league. Don't be afraid to shoot and miss if there's potential that they will be the starter for the rest of the season.

James Jones - $26 for a solid WR3 with WR2 upside. Even if you're in a league already stacked at WR, play keep away from league mates even if you don't need a WR.

David Johnson - $15 I don't believe in Chris Johnson, and Ellington could be out half the season.

Lance Dunbar - $15 with Dez out, Romo will need his check down options (Witten, Beasley, and Dunbar). Escobar may also be worth a flier in a couple of weeks, but not yet.

Dion Lewis - $11 Blount will return from suspension and take a lot of the carries, but he has Shane Vereen RB3 or low-end RB2 upside in PPR leagues.

FAAB bux on Eifert on $300 budget?

20-30 fake bux?

Have Delanie Walker who could play so don't want to blow my load, this is my first year playing FAAB waivers i want to be able to spend mid-late season.

we do not use FAAB in my league, but i wish we did. I wish I felt better about Moncrief. I had heard Dorsett is a better player than him--but Moncrief knows the system and the Colts need help now. Does Moncrief run the high-usage routes? quick outs, slants, curls, bubble screens? Or is he more of a big play guy?

In terms of Jones, he seems more of a good bet in Standard leagues as a TD guy, vs a PPR guy, thoughts?

I agree that it's better to spend early, even on players that you have good depth for, even if only for good trade material. My only concern is that for your players that have under-performed, you may be cutting your losses a little early as one game does not give you sufficient info.

I would not spent too much on dion. Patriots RB situation is to avoid. You have to burn too much to get dion and you can not be sure he produces. Because sometimes simply another back will play and you ll end up with nearly 0 points.

20-30 fake bux?

Have Delanie Walker who could play so don't want to blow my load, this is my first year playing FAAB waivers i want to be able to spend mid-late season.

Sigmund Bloom (footballguys) said on twitter that he'd spend %50 of his FAAB on Eifert. Not sure I'd go that high but I don't think $20/$30 on a $300 budget is gonna get him.

No one is talking about this which makes me believe no one really cares. This is my target as well. I'm hoping 10% of my budget here is good enough. This guy seems to me like the real gold being overlooked.

In my signature, I'm weak AF in RBs and I will be spending some money to grab him. I'll probably overspend but if I can consistently get 15pts out of a WW, it'll be worth it. Looking to spend about $12-15 but there's not much you'll find on the wire with RBs.

20-30 fake bux?

Sigmund Bloom (footballguys) said on twitter that he'd spend %50 of his FAAB on Eifert. Not sure I'd go that high but I don't think $20/$30 on a $300 budget is gonna get him.

Wow half. lol.

Am i the smartest guy in my league? Probably not.

But with 10 teams you figure guys with Kelce,Gronk,Graham,Bennet won't bid so that's 6 out of 10 teams that would possibly bid.

Add 2 more that won't believe in Eifert or think it was just because it was against the raiduhs so now its 4 teams.

Other TE started in my league are Dwayne Allen and Ebron who both had TDs, will those guys bid? I don't know.

2QB league, with 5 bench spots, and one bench spot is tied up in a 3rd QB so theres not much room to have an extra TE here. Ugh this is tough. lol welcome to FAAB bux

Yeah I think a good way going forward is just saying how much your % of your FAAB you'll spend.

Instead of $30 out of 150 or 300... just say the percentage and everyone can do their own math for that value.

I agree that James Jones and Moncrief are unique opportunities. I mean when looking at it GB and Indy look like the #1 and #2 passing offense in the league and you have a chance to get a part of that with a surprise WR on their teams. Have to jump on that "just in case".

As for that though, make sure Phillip Dorsett is owned too... Moncrief couldn't see the field last year despite his amazing physical abilities due to his route running... maybe he's gotten just that much better or maybe the coach was deferring to him over a rookie that fumbled in the game because Moncrief has been in the system for a year and it's week 1.

Dorsett is the kind of add you might save money on stashing now rather than later if Andre Johnson really is just too old for this stuff.

i don't usually blow my wad early. i'll trust my judgement in weeding through the scraps and maybe spending a buck or five on some options because sometimes a lot of guys won't bother thinking about anticipated budget chunk and you can get a steal. works fine 90% of the time. best thing to do as the season chugs along is anticipate the waiver adds a week in advance. won't hit on all darts but some land. then at the end of the year you can take your pick

20-30 fake bux?

Wow half. lol.

Am i the smartest guy in my league? Probably not.

But with 10 teams you figure guys with Kelce,Gronk,Graham,Bennet won't bid so that's 6 out of 10 teams that would possibly bid.

Add 2 more that won't believe in Eifert or think it was just because it was against the raiduhs so now its 4 teams.

Other TE started in my league are Dwayne Allen and Ebron who both had TDs, will those guys bid? I don't know.

2QB league, with 5 bench spots, and one bench spot is tied up in a 3rd QB so theres not much room to have an extra TE here. Ugh this is tough. lol welcome to FAAB bux

I think a guy that goes 9-104-2 on 12 targets is going to get bid on by most everybody. If I have Graham and Bennett, I'm still bidding on him. Allen and Ebron? No doubt. Everybody has bye weeks to manage and there's always the concern for injury.

Even in a 10 team league, I'm surprised Eifert isn't owned. He was being talked up all preseason. If he were available to me, I would be heavily, I don't think 50% is unreasonable. TE can be a game changer.

I already know that a guy in my league is looking to blow 20% of his budget on James Jones. I own DaVante Adams...and I thought about putting in a bid, but more than 20% seems to be too much for me.

I

I own eli manning and bradford....contemplating dropping one for Mariota. Thoughts on what you would bid on him for?

I already know that a guy in my league is looking to blow 20% of his budget on James Jones. I own DaVante Adams...and I thought about putting in a bid, but more than 20% seems to be too much for me.

I

Why on earth would someone tell you what they were bidding?

I own eli manning and bradford....contemplating dropping one for Mariota. Thoughts on what you would bid on him for?

Lol

I

Why on earth would someone tell you what they were bidding?

He just told me in passing knowing I own Adams and figuring I would not want Jones.