Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dreams And Dwightmares

FAAB - Waiver Wire Thread

In my view, owners should spend early. The cream rises to the top earlier in the season than later. Last year, I got Forsett for a good amount early and CJ Anderson later on.

I'm not sure if others from my league are on here or not, and if they are they'll know my bidding strategy so I'm hesitant to post my targets, but suffice it to say, I think there is some VERY GOOD talent available on most wires this week.

LOL. I feel the same way. I found 1 person in my league and shortly after they found me. It was just dumb luck though. Does anyone know a way to find out the identities of people on this forum? I only found out due to the VERY specific questions they are asking then I gave bad advice to them like 3 times and pushed my luck and they figured me out.

For guys who are posting in this thread, I think we all need to preface any opinions on FAAB with the following two details:

1. league size

2. FAAB in terms of % budget, not actual dollars.

Both make a huge difference to the type of bid required to win a certain player (the more players in a league, the more total FAAB is available for a finite amount of players over the season, so just like the auction itself, player values are inflated compared to smaller leagues).

This will also help ground anyone's recommendations, because guys like Ronnie Hillman, Eifert, Terrence Williams, David Johnson, James Jones have long since been picked up in most 10+ team leagues.

For guys who are posting in this thread, I think we all need to preface any opinions on FAAB with the following two details:

1. league size

Both make a huge difference to the type of bid required to win a certain player (the more players in a league, the more total FAAB is available for a finite amount of players over the season, so just like the auction itself, player values are inflated compared to smaller leagues).

This will also help ground anyone's recommendations, because guys like Ronnie Hillman, Eifert, Terrence Williams, David Johnson, James Jones have long since been picked up in most 10+ team leagues.

I agree that this will help the most. Unfortunately, it also brings into specific relief the issues with this thread and how in one afternoon it's already veered into Assistant Coach's territory. After conferring with the Moderating Group, we think this specific thread will work best in the AC Forum and therefore we are moving it there. However, we will pin it for your convenience to see if it will continue to receive the appropriate traffic over the next few weeks. We encourage all of you to continue to post in this thread and now you will be unencumbered with restrictions on league specific queries. Thanks.

Do you FAAB veterans try to stream defenses or keep on?

Trying to pick up the defense of the week against crap offensive teams usually works but not if i have to keep spending money, albiet a little bit but if other people have the same idea ...

Do you FAAB veterans try to stream defenses or keep on?

Trying to pick up the defense of the week against crap offensive teams usually works but not if i have to keep spending money, albiet a little bit but if other people have the same idea ...

I wait till waivers clear and pick up a defense for free early in the season.

Just found this thread and glad I did. I went through the first 4 pages and only saw a few mentions of Terrance Williams. I assume it is because he is owned in a lot of leagues.

He did slip through the draft cracks in my 10 team league with fairly deep (8 bench spots) rosters. What % do you think would be good to put on him? I am the Dez owner, so I am going to need all the WR help I can get. I will also being going after Moncrief and probably Stevie Johnson, but will probably put the highest percentage on T. Will.

Thoughts?

^ Terrence Williams is owned pretty much everywhere but I think in your situation he's a must-add...

I would probably bid %20 of my FAAB for him but it depends how aggressive the other members of your league are with their budgets.

What % of FAAB are people bidding for the following players:

Ladarius Green

Donte Moncrief

Tyrod Taylor

1. league size

How many bench spots do you guys have? I'm in a 12 team league and TW, DJ, and JJ are unowned. FAAB can be tricky because last year I spent the entire budget ($100) in the first two weeks and was unable to pick up anyone the rest of the season. Still finished 3rd after having to do a ton of homework (csb).

Our league just started doing FAAB this year also and this thread is perfect since I have no clue what I'm doing....

1. league size

How many bench spots do you guys have? I'm in a 12 team league and TW, DJ, and JJ are unowned. FAAB can be tricky because last year I spent the entire budget ($100) in the first two weeks and was unable to pick up anyone the rest of the season. Still finished 3rd after having to do a ton of homework (csb).

ESPN standard leagues (and most league formats, I think?) are 7 bench spots. I have a 12 team league with 7 bench spots and a 10 team league with 7 bench + 1 IR. I'd be aggressive and spend up to 20% on either TW or JJ. Not really inspired by DJ enough to think he'll carve out anything beyond a flex-play gamble.

Need a little help with my WW pick up this week (red team in signature). I think I'm going to let the other team spend 30-40% off their budget on Moncrief so I'm looking to a couple of players to fill in my roster for the future... What percentage would you place on these players? I have them listed from first to last as in which order I want them...

1. David Johnson

2. ASJ

3. Dion Lewis

Any ideas on how much I should bid for Ravens DST? Or should I just risk them being free for a $0 pickup?

Any ideas on how much I should bid for Ravens DST? Or should I just risk them being free for a $0 pickup?

Seeing that you already have either CAR or KC as your defense I would just risk picking them up after they clear waivers...

Even though this was moved over to the AC forum, I still think it would benefit this thread greatly not to have team specific questions here. No one can predict how everyone else in your league will bid.

I like the suggestions that have been made that help this discussion to inform everyone here:

Give percentages of overall budget since that varies from league to league

Give your league size

This can be a valuable resource. I'm disappointed it was moved to the AC forum. That said, let's please keep it from becoming a collection of "how much should I bid" questions.

Quick dumb question about how waivers and they work in FAAB. I see it says Waiver #1, #2, etc.

I am going to assume these process in the order I have set, with #1 being first priority, #2 being second (If #1 fails as I'm dropping the same person in each one of these claims).

Assuming that is correct (and correct me if I'm wrong) how do I change the priority? It seems completely determined based on prices I have set forth meaning that I made my 2nd most expensive claim and it was moved to waiver #2, however that is actually my 3rd waiver priority, I just feel that it will take that amount of money (which is more than waiver #3) to get the player.

If anyone knows please let me know.

I see you have Chiefs and I think it's a good move to not start Chiefs against Broncos. I'd definitely put down a few Bucks to ensure a good matchup. Probably 2-3%, but I have no idea what it would take honestly. If you think you can get it for $0 then that's awesome because if you bet 3% you have set the tone and the precedent for the remainder of the season.

Now people bid 4% next time they see a good defense, next time 5%, but if you can pull it off for $0 you have set a good pace to survive with money in the playoffs.

Good luck.

Assuming that is correct how do I change the priority?

It's cleverly hidden under 'Edit Waiver Priority' which is directly beneath your scheduled waivers.

image.png

It's cleverly hidden under 'Edit Waiver Priority' which is directly beneath your scheduled waivers.

image.png

I seriously don't have that.

EDIT: I didn't have that because I had 3 different waiver claims for 3 different prices. Once I made a 4th one to one of the same prices as the previous 3 I got that. Thanks for the picture, using that I was able to piece it together. Thank you.

EDIT 2: And it's trash. Price determines order. Waiver 1 and 2 were locked in based on price, I made waiver 4 the same price as waiver 3 and I can only change the order of claims 3 and 4. DUMB.

Seeing that you already have either CAR or KC as your defense I would just risk picking them up after they clear waivers...

Cool thanks a lot!

For those who lost Dez Bryant in FAAB leagues (I'm included here)... how are you approaching this first waiver? How much does losing Dez increase your urgency to pick up the best WRs this week and what percentage are you willing to spend? Are you going after multiple guys in case you miss on one?

For those who lost Dez Bryant in FAAB leagues (I'm included here)... how are you approaching this first waiver? How much does losing Dez increase your urgency to pick up the best WRs this week and what percentage are you willing to spend? Are you going after multiple guys in case you miss on one?

I'm not one of those. I haven't done this before but I don't want to leave you out to dry. I put a claim on Cole Beasley though. 5% of my budget. Not sure it will be enough though. I am pretty stacked at WR though and don't care if I get him I just see more value in him than the guy at the end of my bench.

If I HAD to have him cause my WRs sucked, I'd definitely bid more than my arbitrary 5% though.

And yes... I am going after multiple guys that have more value than the guy at the end of my bench.

From Footballguys waiver wire podcast with Sigmund Bloom and Cecil Lammey:

Mariota: 12-15%

Bradford: 5-10%

Palmer: 5-10%

Taylor: 5-10%

Dalton: 3-5%

Foles: 3-5%

Manziel: 1-3%

Smith: 1%

Mallett: 1%

Sproles: 25-50%+ (PPR)

D. Johnson: 12-25%

D. Lewis: 12-25%

Sankey: 10-20%

K. Williams: 7-15%

C. Michael: 5-10%

D. Williams: 5-10%

Dunbar: 3-5% (PPR)

Hillman: 3-5%

C. Johnson: 3-5%

Powell: 3-5%

J. Allen: 1%

Cunningham: 1%

K. Robinson: 1%

J. Thompson: 0-1%

Moncrief: 50% (Lower if league is conservative)

J. Jones: 20-40%

T. Williams: 15-30%

Dorsett: 15-30%

S. Johnson: 15-30%

Beasley: 3-5%

Harvin: 3-5%

Hurns: 1%

Lockett: 1%

Eifert: 50%+

D. Allen: 12-25%

Reed: 10-20%

ASJ: 5-10%

Ebron: 1-3%

L. Green: 1-3%

H. Miller: 1-3%

Rogers: 1-3%

Chandler: 1%

Cook: 1%

D. Fells: 1%

image.png

I seriously don't have that.

EDIT: I didn't have that because I had 3 different waiver claims for 3 different prices. Once I made a 4th one to one of the same prices as the previous 3 I got that. Thanks for the picture, using that I was able to piece it together. Thank you.

EDIT 2: And it's trash. Price determines order. Waiver 1 and 2 were locked in based on price, I made waiver 4 the same price as waiver 3 and I can only change the order of claims 3 and 4. DUMB.

Yea same for me i don't even see edit waiver priority

That said, let's please keep it from becoming a collection of "how much should I bid" questions.

That's the entire point of this thread.

Source: First post of this thread.

What I really want is a resource that says "these are the hot waiver wire pickups and this is how much they should cost in FAAB", but if that resource doesn't exist then I guess I'm looking more for, if you're in a deep PPR league and Lance Dunbar is available he is probably worth 5% or 10% of your FAAB total allowance.