Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dreams And Dwightmares

FAAB - Waiver Wire Thread

Yeah, now that I understand fully, this makes a lot of sense. It's not particularly a strategy I would want to use often--because, hey, why get the second best guy and pay more when you could just bid the same for the first guy you want--but could see it being utilized when there is clearly a guy who is not going to go for as much as the second best guy you want.

I use mostly yahoo, and I know somewhere there is the ability to request features. I bet if enough of us get on board with this, they will at least consider it.

Well, it is not a very popular suggestion, and it appears to have been originally authored last year. Still, if enough of us chime in, maybe (?) they will look at it...

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/206158-fantasy-football/suggestions/9002020-prioritize-faab-transactions#comments

Good find. I just dropped 3 votes on this. That would be cool if you jabronis could do the same.

This has been my first year in FAAB and it's a pretty deep league. I just blew 21% on Dunbar and now feel pretty foolish seeing Cole Beasley only went for 10%.

Is there a way to see if there were competing bids and how much they were for?

If you are playing on Yahoo, there is a "FAAB Bids" tab under the Recent Transactions header about half way down on your main league page.

In that tab it will show all players that had multiple bids and it will show you each team's bid. If a player only had one bid, then they will not show on the list and who ever got that player could have actually got them for $0 (if they didn't already).

My leagues are only on Yahoo, so I am not sure about other sites.

This has been my first year in FAAB and it's a pretty deep league. I just blew 21% on Dunbar and now feel pretty foolish seeing Cole Beasley only went for 10%.

If you are playing on Yahoo, there is a "FAAB Bids" tab under the Recent Transactions header about half way down on your main league page.

In that tab it will show all players that had multiple bids and it will show you each team's bid. If a player only had one bid, then they will not show on the list and who ever got that player could have actually got them for $0 (if they didn't already).

Thank you. And LOL! I feel like such a FAAB noob / idiot / chump. ZERO competing bids lol. At least Cole Beasley had 4 bids and that person outbid the others with 10%.

Thank you. And LOL! I feel like such a FAAB noob / idiot / chump. ZERO competing bids lol. At least Cole Beasley had 4 bids and that person outbid the others with 10%.

Yeah I hear ya. This is my 2nd year with FAAB and my league is pretty competitive, but I have had some strange results with the FAAB bidding. There were 2 bids on Williams and 1 bid on Moncreif (mine). But then there were 4 bids on James Jones and 5 bids on Stevie Johnson.

I bid $26/100 on Terrance Williams. There was one other bid...$2. I also bid $11 on Moncreif...there were no other bids. I got them both for $37 total. I could have had both for $3 total (ouch).

And also, I wouldn't worry too much about using some of your money up early. You will just have to be more forward thinking as playoff time comes. Like picking up your Playoff Week 1 DEF a week early so you aren't competing with the guy who didn't spend all year and then can spend $20 on a DEF

And also, I wouldn't worry too much about using some of your money up early. You will just have to be more forward thinking as playoff time comes. Like picking up your Playoff Week 1 DEF a week early so you aren't competing with the guy who didn't spend all year and then can spend $20 on a DEF

Great info, thanks.

First time doing FAAB with my dynasty league in my signature.

I dropped 25% on Moncrief

I dropped 20% on David Johnson

From Footballguys waiver wire podcast with Sigmund Bloom and Cecil Lammey:

Mariota: 12-15%

Bradford: 5-10%

Palmer: 5-10%

Taylor: 5-10%

Dalton: 3-5%

Foles: 3-5%

Manziel: 1-3%

Smith: 1%

Mallett: 1%

Sproles: 25-50%+ (PPR)

D. Johnson: 12-25%

D. Lewis: 12-25%

Sankey: 10-20%

K. Williams: 7-15%

C. Michael: 5-10%

D. Williams: 5-10%

Dunbar: 3-5% (PPR)

Hillman: 3-5%

C. Johnson: 3-5%

Powell: 3-5%

J. Allen: 1%

Cunningham: 1%

K. Robinson: 1%

J. Thompson: 0-1%

Moncrief: 50% (Lower if league is conservative)

J. Jones: 20-40%

T. Williams: 15-30%

Dorsett: 15-30%

S. Johnson: 15-30%

Beasley: 3-5%

Harvin: 3-5%

Hurns: 1%

Lockett: 1%

Eifert: 50%+

D. Allen: 12-25%

Reed: 10-20%

ASJ: 5-10%

Ebron: 1-3%

L. Green: 1-3%

H. Miller: 1-3%

Rogers: 1-3%

Chandler: 1%

Cook: 1%

D. Fells: 1%

THANK YOU FOR THIS.... I am not a subscriber to that site and I was reading that Sigmund has some great FAAB advice. Was listing to Sirius Fantasy Radio and they kept saying that Sigmund was coming on next, so I kept listening (at my desk) for 45 min until he finally came on, but he didn't utter a word about FAAB allocations.

I Feel a bit better now seeing this, spending in my 14 ppr team league...

$35 - Moncerif

$25 - Lewis

THANK YOU FOR THIS.... I am not a subscriber to that site and I was reading that Sigmund has some great FAAB advice. Was listing to Sirius Fantasy Radio and they kept saying that Sigmund was coming on next, so I kept listening (at my desk) for 45 min until he finally came on, but he didn't utter a word about FAAB allocations.

$35 - Moncerif

$25 - Lewis

No problem - their WW podcast is free on Tuesdays. I'll try and do a similar list next week for those that don't have time to listen.

$35 - Moncerif

$25 - Lewis

No problem - their WW podcast is free on Tuesdays. I'll try and do a similar list next week for those that don't have time to listen.

That would be great! thanks a bunch.

$35 - Moncerif

$25 - Lewis

Dude you're the man. I can't believe I glossed over your post. I must have thought it was a "rate my team" post and just ignored it.

I REALLY wish I had seen it though. I ended up blowing a ridiculous amount of money on someone that I could have DEFINITELY got for 3-5% (according to this). I actually could have gotten him for a $0 bid HAH, uncontested... feel so dumb today after week of the FAAB introduction to our league.

I ended up dropping around 25% on D. Lewis but I could've got him for free since no other team made a bid on him.... lol

So you can bid $0?

And that will simply give treat it as a free waiver if no one else claims or you have priority over another $0 bid?

What are the best RB on waiver wire?

Go to the football talk forum, top sticky

So you can bid $0?

And that will simply give treat it as a free waiver if no one else claims or you have priority over another $0 bid?

I can say this is correct for NFL.com - not sure about other platforms.

I ended up dropping around 25% on D. Lewis but I could've got him for free since no other team made a bid on him.... lol

Lol. I'm there with you bro. Let's hold our heads low in shame... together

Nice avatar BTW. We got Mallett starting now, I'm getting excited again about the team.

So you can bid $0?

I think this is true for all platforms. And yes, it works as you have asked.

So you can bid $0?

I used to play on CBS and there were no zero bids.

So you can bid $0?

OK, well scratch that. I know it works on NFL and Yahoo.

So you can bid $0?

OK, well scratch that. I know it works on NFL and Yahoo.

ESPN allows you to set a minimum. Default is $1. I've set my league's minimum to zero.

T.Williams went for $38 out of $100 to the Dez owner. Second best bid was $7. I paid $15 for Reed, but could have gotten him for $0 this morning. Got DJohnson for $0. Paid $17 for Mariota, second best bid $12.

Lol. I'm there with you bro. Let's hold our heads low in shame... together

Nice avatar BTW. We got Mallett starting now, I'm getting excited again about the team.

I was able to pick up D. Johnson for free so that made me feel a little better! lol

Hopefully Mallett could do a little to help us out... lol

What's everyone's strategy for bidding on a RB who might get a chance to start but it happens after a game is played? Basically instead of RB X replacing RB Y after he gets hurt in the 2nd quarter and putting up a big 2nd half, RB Y gets hurt at the end of the game or it's revealed after he's played the game that he will be out for a while. Do you bid high with the hopes he will be a good contributor in the window he has (how ever long it is) or do you make a moderate bid thinking others in the league might take a wait-and-see approach with him and not bid/make a high bid? Does it all depend on the team and their O-Line, SOS, run/pass tendencies, etc?