Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Excellent117

Blockbuster Deal: Pull the Trigger? - WHIR 100%

12-team, 2 QB, 0.5 PPR league where I'm currently pondering the following trade:

I Get: Drew Brees and Le'Veon Bell

I Give: Cam Newton, Demaryius Thomas, and Mark Ingram

-----------

My Team (starters in bold):

QB: Matt Ryan, Cam Newton, and Alex Smith

RB: Lamar Miller, Mark Ingram, Andre Ellington, David Johnson, Knile Davis, and Damien Williams

WR: Demaryius Thomas, AJ Green, Steve Smith Sr. (flex), Nelson Agholor, and Tyler Lockett

TE: Eric Ebron

Question: Should I pull the trigger? I don't think he would go for it with Green instead of Thomas.

As always, post a link to your question below your response and I'll answer as quickly as possible. (More thoughtful responses will lead to more thorough answers in return). Thanks!

I'd prefer your side of the trade if you think the other person will accept. Your losing DT, but I couldn't pass up getting the best FF Rb in the league right now. In addition, IF Brees is healthy he is a huge upgrade over Cam which will be a big deal in a 2 QB league.

If you can swing this, I would then wait until L Miller or Ingram has a good week and package one of them plus Steve Smith for a better WR (someone like Calvin Johnson).

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=542186

High risk because Brees might be gimpy for a while but PIT has looked great and Bell should have a great year.

Seems about an even trade with you a bit ahead assuming Brees has a decent year. Plus Jacksonville week 16 is not bad.

Per Werder, Brees did experience "pain and weakness" in his arm against Tampa Bay, and Brees' ability to play in Week 3 at Carolina will depend on his "response to treatment" for the injury.

I would do it. QB's can be replaced. Worst case scenario you play the match up game.

Thanks for helping with mine.

You have Ryan so you won't use brees. I'd rather get something else than brees.

It's a 2-quarterback league, so I would be using Brees when he's healthy.

The reason the QBs are in the deal is because he's spooked about Brees and is a Panthers fan.

I would do it, Brees is an upgrade when he's healthy and you're getting a game changer in LeVeon.

B- trade. Bree gimpy and Saints look awful. DT is a beast. Bell is great obviously but giving up a lot to get upside over Ingram. Plus Pitt said they may use more 2-RB sets with Dwill. So not so clear what's going to happen.

If you did trade, not necessarily bad. You still got the best player in the trade. But gave up a fair amount.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=542258

This is a tough one, right now you are very good at WR and OK at RB and pretty good at QB, but Newton can be up and down. You would go to very good at RB and kinda weak at WR, Green seems a little up and down to me and DT seems to be good all the time which you would be getting rid of. QB would be more consistent, but you would have to wait for Brees to get healthy and until then you would be using Smith which right now is hard to tell what you will get. It seems pretty fair, but I would probably stick with what I had.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=542319&hl=

Yes you are essentially trading DT for Le'Veon, you do this trade all day long, every day no questions ask. Especially this year, Peyton decline is going to dilute DT's value SOME this year. Do this trade, no doubt!