Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JinxLombardi

Trade to Romo owner: P. Manning/T. Eifert for Gronk? WHIR

My team is in signature. Is this advantageous and fair? He is also short on RBs, but I figure this is solving his QB issue and downgrading his TE but not putting that in the cellar.

You're massively upgrading at TE and losing nothing at QB. I'd make this deal every day of the week with Brady in tow. Since he's missing Romo, I would consider this somewhat fair. You're definitely the winner, but it's not egregious given Eifert and Peyton's upsides.

Thanks for the help on mine.

I don't see why the other owner would do this. Peyton hasn't been very good, and in an 8 team league he can probably find just as good of production at QB on the waiver wire and keep Gronk.

Yes def go for it. The upgrade from Eifert to Gronk is huge and you probably won't experience that much of a dropoff at the QB position if you can get someone like Dalton off waivers.

Thanks for the help. Would it be more fair if I threw in CJ Anderson?

Yes, try Peyton, Anderson and Eifert for Gronk + and hope he doesn't hate Anderson

Doesn't exactly seem fair the way Peyton has been playing this year, but you have him at a disadvantage with the Romo injury (depending on his backup QB and QB availability on the WW). It is a better deal for you, but he needs to make sacrifices to fill a need, so don't look back if he accepts.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=542316

It's tough to get fair compensation for the best TE in the game and it's not close. This is a fair and justifiable offer (your initial post) however. If I'm Gronk owner, I'm reluctant, but if I'm you, I make the deal no better.

If you throw in CJA, you have just let yourself get ripped off by a guy in desperation mode. You NEVER call the coast guard to save a drowning opponent. You throw them a life preserver and tell them to take it or leave it, they are the ones drowning, not you.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=542308

Are you kidding me!? Take Gronk immediatley especially since you have Tom Brady - thats a no-brainer. Brady to Gronk is gonna be the most common TD on that offense by far and when that happens you hit the jackpot with 2 TDs and some chunk yardage. I love pairing Romo with Bryant , Ryan with Jones, etc.

No way I make the trade if I am the other guy, and I am a huge believer and own plenty of shares in Eifert. He would be adding insult to injury, first losing his starting QB for an extended amount of time, and then trading away his biggest asset for a worse QB than he had and a downgrade at TE.

Although, I do think that Eifert will be the #2 TE this year, but still.

THANKS. IF ANYONE WEIGHS IN AT THIS POINT, PLEASE CONSIDER THE VARIANT ABOVE: P. MANNING/T. EIFERT/CJ FOR GRONK.

I was thinking you should try and get him to include someone, but in a 8 team league you can probably get a couple decent players in free agency. I'd definitely make the trade if you can, you're trading your backup QB a risky RB and getting a huge upgrade at TE.