Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PhillyBoy

Terrence Jones 2015-2016 Season Outlook

No longer a sleeper.. although will still probably be drafted in the 6-7th rounds. However, definitely not as attractive as last year due to the emergence of Monte.

13pts 8 rbs and 1.8 blocks once he got over the nerve issue.

I wouldn't mind dropping a mid round pick on him but the nerve issue idk that's a tough one to call.

If I wanted to take the risk 6th round and maybe 20 bucks would be my limit.

He has potential, he is like a Draymond Green light with 1/1/1 potential. Can get points, rebounds, 3's, blocks and some assists sometimes. His FT% is shaky and of course the emergence of Montie doesn't help.

Projections for him this season? Sleeper?

Maybe not a sleeper among savvy GMs. But BBM projects him at 3rd round value (35th) and his current Yahoo! ADP is 96th.

I'm somewhere in between, he's a solid mid-rounder and I don't think he's lasting very far past 6 & 7th rounds.

wow. 3rd round eh?

Some people are still scared off by the nerve damage he suffered early last season but I don't recall him having recurring problems when he came back. I like him in the mid-rounds as well.

13pts 8 rbs and 1.8 blocks on 53 FG% (60 FT% though). I used to think he was a middle to late round sleeper, but the more research I've done, the more I like him. Getting 1.8 blocks out of someone with possible SF eligibility is nutty. Even if he has only PF eligibility, it's tough to get that many blocks out of PFs. I don't care about past injuries and I draft players as if they didn't have them, particularly with midround selections. Sure there is a risk he is injured, but if you think about it, there's also a risk that someone else drafts him and owns me because of it.

I usually get him in the 8th or 9th round (12-team, 13-round drafts), when I can pair him with some other blockers, otherwise opt to improve other categories e.g. Joe-Jo, Danilo, Beal, Thaddeus, Jarrett. Got him on three teams for now and of course if I keep reading positive news may seek to add him to more. His FT% isn't too bad since he takes less than 3/game (1.7/2.8). Still a little gun shy from last season when I lost him on several teams, but already rolled the dice for a few of this year squads.

Motie is supposedly not going to be ready for season start so its Jones spot to lose.

BBM has the the minutes breakdown @

Dwight 30

TJones 30

Motie 28

Capela 13

Seems reasonable except the math doesnt quite add up unless Jones is seeing 5 a night at SF.

Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong,

Wasn't there a point in time Terrence Jones was listed as a SF/PF/C??

Is it possible they could go small with him at the 5?

Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong,

Wasn't there a point in time Terrence Jones was listed as a SF/PF/C??

Is it possible they could go small with him at the 5?

Not in the ESPN Fantasy

Motie is supposedly not going to be ready for season start so its Jones spot to lose.

BBM has the the minutes breakdown @

Dwight 30

TJones 30

Motie 28

Capela 13

Seems reasonable except the math doesnt quite add up unless Jones is seeing 5 a night at SF.

I think this is pretty close to on point with the minute distribution. The emergence of DMo is offset a little by Dwight not being able to handle big minutes or else his body will fall apart. I get the feeling that Houston just want to nurse him to the play-offs in good health and go from there.

I've been able to consistently grab him in the 8th round in mocks and he's all upside from there imo

Signed him in my crazy deep league to a 4 year deal at $18 per year in a 200 soft/250 hard cap. I had his bird rights.

Really think he can be a solid long term ROI for me.

On Yahoo Fantasy he's SF/PF

I really hope it's the same case for ESPN. Yahoo has always been really lenient with positions though. SF eligibility would definitely make him a more attractive piece.

Motiejunas is a white stiff

Terrence Jones will be a monster this season and beyond... I hope Houston trade him so he can get away from ballhogs Harden and Lawson

Yeah I've read Monte is going to be a slow starter and I don't really see him getting 28mins per game. I would think more like

Howard 27mins

Jones 31 mins

DMo 20 mins

Capella 18mins

I think they are going to be VERY cautious with Howard and Capella looks like Supermanito, crappy FTs and all

I love T Jones and I think he is a great player. It's too bad his FT shooting is so poor.

Still, I'll most likely be targeting him.

Clearly Stockton2Malone and Jake watch boxscores and fantasy ranks instead of real games. DMO is FAR from a big stiff: his footwork and moves on offense are among the best in the NBA. Also, his defense is ahead of Terrence Jones' defense, who's really bad. Sure, Tjones posts nice fantasy numbers if he gets minutes, but if Houstons wants to win games, NO WAY Tjones plays 31 minutes and DMO only 20. Get real. Read more on Tjones vs DMO here, mostly written by Houston fans who, you know, actually eatch games: http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=268144

Clearly Stockton2Malone and Jake watch boxscores and fantasy ranks instead of real games. DMO is FAR from a big stiff: his footwork and moves on offense are among the best in the NBA. Also, his defense is ahead of Terrence Jones' defense, who's really bad. Sure, Tjones posts nice fantasy numbers if he gets minutes, but if Houstons wants to win games, NO WAY Tjones plays 31 minutes and DMO only 20. Get real. Read more on Tjones vs DMO here, mostly written by Houston fans who, you know, actually eatch games: http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=268144

But what is Houston going to do? GMs dont listen to fan scouts..

They have 2 young talented dudes and they seem to favor Jones. They did last season too.

Do you have actual info the org favors DMO?

Im pretty sure i could pull up 100 Sullinger vs Olynik fan threads as well that illustrate both sides of fan-dom.

Houston is doing what theyve done before. Run both DMO and Tjones at PF, with Tjones also getting some spot minutes at SF if needed, and DMO backing up D12 some, if needed, which will be less than last year with Capela looking more ready than expected.

Morey, however, KNOWS Tjones is a worse defender than DMO. He also knows Tjones' agent is aiming for a 15+/year contract, which is something Houston won't be looking to hand out, as they believe they're a possible destination for Durant. DMO and Tjones are both up for extensions next summer, and chances are, one gets moved before the deadline.

Tjones was also part of some draftday offers the Rockets had on the table in order to prepare their run at Aldrigde. Don't know if it's been said explicitly but we all saw Tjones shrink in the post season and get exposed. The jury is still out on Dmo when it comes to that stage, but two post seasons in a row, Tjones showed he wasnt ready.

Good read here: http://www.thedreamshake.com/2015/8/20/9174779/rockets-donatas-motiejunas-terrence-jones-contract-extension

Clearly Stockton2Malone and Jake watch boxscores and fantasy ranks instead of real games.

To be fair, I don't blame anybody for not watching Houston games. They are an AWFUL experience.

I enjoyed watching DMo, Tjones and Kpap play last year. Too bad there's so much Harden and D12 going on as well.