FouLLine

Bobby Bradley - 1B CLE

Cleveland Indians 3rd round pick in 2014 Bobby Bradley looks to be the most under rated power hitting prospect in baseball right now to me.

The strikeouts certainly have room for a lot of improvement but the power looks very legit.

MLB.com #93

Keith Kaw #93

Baseball America #93

I think it's pretty safe to say that he's #93

Edited by Coach George
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just have a feeling this guy is going to be a monster. So much power at a young age and while he strikes out he can take a walk and suggests his approach could maybe improve over time. Seems like the ceiling is very high here.

MLB.com #93

Keith Kaw #93

Baseball America #93

I think it's pretty safe to say that he's #93

He was in my top 40 to start the season. I think he'll sky rocket this season.

Back to back massive games for the young slugger:

Yesterday, he went 3/4 with a HR and 2 RBI's.

Today, he went 3/5 with 2 2B, a HR, and 3 RBI's.

Yuck 8 BB 29 K's. Can I say .200 hitter. I'l passsssssssssss. Also not even High A

Dude's 19 years old displaying massive power and adjusting to High A ball. He's certainly interesting.

Yuck 8 BB 29 K's. Can I say .200 hitter. I'l passsssssssssss. Also not even High A

He's in Lynchburg. Lynchburg is High A.

He's in Lynchburg. Lynchburg is High A.

Oh ok My bad. I thought it wasn't High A. I guess he's a guy to watch. If he cuts down on K's, acquires plate discipline he could be a gem.

1/4 with a HR tonight (6th of season) for Bradley. Walked once, no K's.

Edited by NYR Fan 116894

The K's are alarming but he is playing well above his level and just crushing XBHs ... This guy I have a feeling will be top 20 before the end of the season.

Anyone have an update on how things have been going for BB?

He's starting to adjust to double A pitching in the month of may. After striking out 28 times in April he has only struck out 11 times in May so far. It has come with less power, but a better average. He's still very young so there is plenty of time for this guy to keep improving.

38 minutes ago, Osu1456 said:

He's starting to adjust to double A pitching in the month of may. After striking out 28 times in April he has only struck out 11 times in May so far. It has come with less power, but a better average. He's still very young so there is plenty of time for this guy to keep improving.

Making the adjustments though ... The power has always been obvious with Bradley it was more a matter of when would he learn more consistency.  There could be a nice buy low window on him right now.

Been a while since he was discussed. He's coming off not the best year but made it to AAA.  I got him recently as a throw in to a dynasty trade.  Yonder Alonso was pretty bad last year. Against RHP (his specialty), he was basically an average hitter. That kind of production won't cut it at 1b on any team, let alone a team with championship apspirations.  `Bradley has power and can walk, making him a better play in OBP leagues. 

His AA numbers don't look great for last year, but they  were greatly effected by an awful April with a 430 OPS. May-August, his low OPS was 840 for a month. Also important to note, I looked up the park factors for AA Akron. It's an awful power park, and he still did pretty decently besides the cold April.

Then he moved to AAA where he slashed 

254 .323 .430

in 32 games. That's not too exciting, but it was his first taste of AAA. He'll turn 23 next year. He's not going to be a perenial top 1b in fantasy, but he has some upside in non average leagues.  I feel like their may be some prospect fatigue on him because he's been around a while. 

With Yonder gone now, I think they see Bradley as a cheap replacement and source of power in the middle of 2019. If he gets off to a hot start in AAA , watch out.  I know this isn't the highest of upside guys, but deep OBP Dynastys take notice. 

2 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

With Yonder gone now, I think they see Bradley as a cheap replacement and source of power in the middle of 2019. If he gets off to a hot start in AAA , watch out.  I know this isn't the highest of upside guys, but deep OBP Dynastys take notice. 

But they did still acquire Bauers and Santana.  Is Bauers going to strictly play OF?  Doubt they move Santana to 3B, so I think it will be tough for Bradley to get AB's until things settle out for Cleveland lineup.  Definitely someone to keep an eye on, but I just dont see him getting enough AB's to be playable in fantasy anytime soon.

Edited by TheTruth024
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheTruth024 said:

But they did still acquire Bauers and Santana.  Is Bauers going to strictly play OF?  Doubt they move Santana to 3B, so I think it will be tough for Bradley to get AB's until things settle out for Cleveland lineup.  Definitely someone to keep an eye on, but I just dont see him getting enough AB's to be playable in fantasy anytime soon.

You might be right, but bauers may play some outfield. I don't see santana at 3rd and ramirez back to 2nd as impossible either. Could be an injury or SBauers could also just be bad.

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 1:40 PM, brockpapersizer said:

That tweet is interesting.  Im not sure what the Indians are doing right now. 

• Like 1