FouLLine

Bobby Bradley - 1B CLE

15 minutes ago, TheTruth024 said:

That tweet is interesting.  Im not sure what the Indians are doing right now. 

I'm bored and have him in a deep league so I'm taking tabs on him.  Not sure how good he actually is, but I think he's better than he showed last year and he's very close to the majors. He could be a factor in redraft leagues at some point in 2019

Nobody cares about this dude, and maybe rightfully so, but he's near a 1000 OPS in AAA this year. I think he could have some value at some point this year, more so for OBP leagues. Only 22 and making his second stint in AAA.

These are the guys on the Indians bench right now: Greg Allen, Moroff, and Mike Freeman (plaweki for catcher). Thats it.  Guys that are currently playing every day or majority starters

Carlos Gonzalez, Bauers, Naquin.

I dont want to go into the scenario of who has to get hurt, who shifts over, etc etc, but this is a very thin hitting core the Indians have right now.  I can see him being up at some point. 

For sure he's not any worse than the names mentioned, but he's still striking out a ton nearly 33% and there is seemingly no improvement in that regard.  Obviously he has power, but it's hard to see him having much success with that kind of whiff rate.

11 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

Nobody cares about this dude, and maybe rightfully so, but he's near a 1000 OPS in AAA this year. I think he could have some value at some point this year, more so for OBP leagues. Only 22 and making his second stint in AAA.

These are the guys on the Indians bench right now: Greg Allen, Moroff, and Mike Freeman (plaweki for catcher). Thats it.  Guys that are currently playing every day or majority starters

Carlos Gonzalez, Bauers, Naquin.

I dont want to go into the scenario of who has to get hurt, who shifts over, etc etc, but this is a very thin hitting core the Indians have right now.  I can see him being up at some point. 

Who would you expect to get the next shot for the Tribe, Bradley or Mercado?

2 minutes ago, Dahk said:

I guess Mercado makes more sense because of their atrocious OF and he has defensive value.  Mercado has never slugged for  anything much over 400 and is at 554 this year. I guess him and Bradley being ridiculous so far can't be a coincidence. Mercado is certainly the ore intriguing fantasy asset because he has speed. He could be what some people wanted out of Greg Allen.  Good point in bringing him up though.  I think both these guys see time in the bigs this year, Mercado has an easier path to playing time and more standard category upside.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, BigPapi44 said:

For sure he's not any worse than the names mentioned, but he's still striking out a ton nearly 33% and there is seemingly no improvement in that regard.  Obviously he has power, but it's hard to see him having much success with that kind of whiff rate.

Plenty of guys with this profile that have success in the majors. I give you Aaron Judge and Joey Gallo as recent examples.

10 hours ago, Dahk said:

probably mercado considering the outfield stinks so bad right now.

14 minutes ago, Osu1456 said:

Plenty of guys with this profile that have success in the majors. I give you Aaron Judge and Joey Gallo as recent examples.

It's not plenty, that's for sure.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

It's not plenty, that's for sure.

it is though. there have been loads of power guys who strike out a ton that have had decent or better careers in the majors. do you watch baseball?

2 minutes ago, Osu1456 said:

it is though. there have been loads of power guys who strike out a ton that have had decent or better careers in the majors. do you watch baseball?

Kinda rude.  Successful 30 k% guys are rare.  Not saying they don't happen, but betting against one being successful is a good bet, not a guarantee. Judge and Gallo are exceptions. Maybe Bradley is one too, but odds are he wont if he strikes out that much. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

Kinda rude.  Successful 30 k% guys are rare.  Not saying they don't happen, but betting against one being successful is a good bet, not a guarantee. Judge and Gallo are exceptions. Maybe Bradley is one too, but odds are he wont if he strikes out that much. 

when I say successful im saying they don't have to be top 100 players or anything. im saying successful meaning a useful regular (Jack Cust) or better (Ryan Howard). didn't mean to be rude, clearly we see the word successful differently in this case.

Edited by Osu1456

5 minutes ago, Osu1456 said:

when I say successful im saying they don't have to be top 100 players or anything. im saying successful meaning a useful regular (Jack Kust) or better (Ryan Howard). didn't mean to be rude, clearly we see the word successful differently in this case.

Ryan Howard was a top round fantasy pick in his prime and in that time only had one year at 30% and was exactly 30. Cust had a pretty short career, certainly was successful for a minute. I'm still unsure what's controversial about 30+K% guys who stick as regulars as rare.  

58 minutes ago, Osu1456 said:

Sure, those are two examples.  Do we think Bradley is in the same conversation though?  For the two names you mention, there are countless others with that profile that become 4A players.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

Ryan Howard was a top round fantasy pick in his prime and in that time only had one year at 30% and was exactly 30. Cust had a pretty short career, certainly was successful for a minute. I'm still unsure what's controversial about 30+K% guys who stick as regulars as rare.  

when did I ever say 30%+? I simply said power guys who strike out a ton. thats it. I never got specific

21 hours ago, BigPapi44 said:

1 hour ago, Osu1456 said:

1 minute ago, Osu1456 said:

when did I ever say 30%+? I simply said power guys who strike out a ton. thats it. I never got specific

I guess there was a misunderstanding. 

3 minutes ago, BigPapi44 said:

Sure, those are two examples.  Do we think Bradley is in the same conversation though?  For the two names you mention, there are countless others with that profile that become 4A players.

Ok Mark Reynolds, Adam Dunn, Brandon Moss, Mike Napoli, Mark Trumbo. that could be his ceiling but thats ok in the majors. all im saying is don't write him off because he strikes out a lot.

1 minute ago, Osu1456 said:

Ok Mark Reynolds, Adam Dunn, Brandon Moss, Mike Napoli, Mark Trumbo. that could be his ceiling but thats ok in the majors. all im saying is don't write him off because he strikes out a lot.

I'm definitely not writing him off. I own him. I'm a fan, I think he's underrated as a fantasy prospect. Still though, I hope he cuts the K's a tad. I think after today's game he's nearing 35% in the minors. 

5 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

I guess there was a misunderstanding. 

yes when I said profile I meant power/strikeouts. I wasn't looking at his current K rate 17 games into the season at AAA as a 22 year old. that would be silly...

4 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

I'm definitely not writing him off. I own him. I'm a fan, I think he's underrated as a fantasy prospect. Still though, I hope he cuts the K's a tad. I think after today's game he's nearing 35% in the minors. 

his career k rate in the minors is like 27% I think. he's young it will take him a minute to adjust to the higher levels. as long as the power doesn't go away I wouldn't be worried.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Osu1456 said:

yes when I said profile I meant power/strikeouts. I wasn't looking at his current K rate 17 games into the season at AAA as a 22 year old. that would be silly...

Continuing his 33% in AAA last year over 32 games.  He probably needs to adjust to the level, was much more palatable in AA.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Osu1456 said:

Not so fast.  They had those significant strike out rates in MLB.   I just did a quick look at Trumbo's and Reynold's K rates in the minors, and while high, they went up to that range in the majors.  You are presuming Bradley's rates, which are already at those rates, won't likewise climb even higher in the majors and that would put him in an outlier class.  Again, my point was not that he can't figure it out, I just don't see him finding much success if he can't cut the Ks down in the minors.

Edited by BigPapi44
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BigPapi44 said:

Not so fast.  They had those significant strike out rates in MLB.   I just did a quick look at Trumbo's and Reynold's K rates in the minors, and while high, they went up to that range in the majors.  You are presuming Bradley's rates, which are already at those rates, won't likewise climb even higher in the majors and that would put him in an outlier class.  Again, my point was not that he can't figure it out, I just don't see him finding much success if he can't cut the Ks down in the minors.

what makes you assume that his current k rate is the norm for him? I was going off his current career minors numbers. I need to see a full season of numbers at his current level first. You are correct about the players I mentioned, but how much of a jump in k rate from AAA to majors are you expecting? if you think he could be striking out 40% of the time then yea he is in trouble.

1 hour ago, Osu1456 said:

what makes you assume that his current k rate is the norm for him? I was going off his current career minors numbers. I need to see a full season of numbers at his current level first. You are correct about the players I mentioned, but how much of a jump in k rate from AAA to majors are you expecting? if you think he could be striking out 40% of the time then yea he is in trouble.

For sure, it might not be.  Definitely a guy to watch and is close to the bigs.  Hope he can harness the K rate and he could be an impact bat. All good.

starting to heat up again at the plate. 7 game hitting streak with 8 xbh including 4 home runs. His average is .500 so far this month.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2019 at 9:09 PM, Osu1456 said:

starting to heat up again at the plate. 7 game hitting streak with 8 xbh including 4 home runs. His average is .500 so far this month.

Obviously your an Indians fan - what’s the slow promo reasoning ?? Any idea, kid can mash, instant offense, repeated AA, now AAA second time around...