Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iretirefromfantasy

is it unfair for me to bench my Defense? WHIR!

I'm up going in to MNF 87 - 85, he has no players left and I have Pats D. I am going to bench the defense so I don't have a chance at getting negative points.

Would you do it too?

Start your DST tonight. As the legendary former Jets head coach Herm Edwards famously said: "You Play To Win The Game"

Start your DST tonight. As the legendary former Jets head coach Herm Edwards famously said: "You Play To Win The Game"

Exactly, I have the win right now without my D lol

It usually depends on your league. There are some leagues where you're required to start a full lineup every week no matter what but I've been in leagues where it's not a big deal if somebody wants to take 0 points at one or two positions for whatever reason. I personally would start the Patriots because there's always a chance that the playoff spots or whatever will come down to a tiebreaker and whatever points you can get from your defense this week will end up mattering. It's possible that you'll end up losing your matchup but in my opinion you have to play your best options possible and maximize your points. Even if they don't score double digits they ought to score 2 or 4 or something. It's highly unlikely that they'll score -3 points so there's a very low probability of you losing.

Also there's always the chance of a stat correction that could give you the loss. I'd start the d based on that fact alone.

On one hand, benching your D does give you the best chance at a win (not accounting for stat adjustments though- be careful with that)

On the other hand, you could wind up needing the points your D might net you in a tiebreaking scenario.

Evaluate your team's situation - if you're firmly in a playoff spot, or in a first round bye spot, then there's no sense in chancing it. if you need the points, Belichick loves to tee off on young QB's like Tyrod.

Stat corrections can happen anytime.

I was down by like 1.6 points with a couple players left on MNF in week 4...my guys don't get the points (or any touches) for the rest of the game, but when i woke up the next day I had lost by 4.1.

i would make fun of someone who did that in my league.

not to mention, the pats arnt gonna post any negative numbers tonight. come on

bench your d, why take a chance even if there is a slight risk? in fantasy, its about playing not to lose!

i see your concern but id still play them. i think pats D easily puts up 5-10 points tonight. Although i would be surprised if you decided to bench. go with your gut man.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=568258

I really need the win!

It's hard to start them to just gain a few extra points and risk the win when that is more important.

It's not unfair but in your situation I would play them. The margin is too small and you could lose on stat correction. If you were ahead by 10 I would sit. You should be fine though, really don't see them putting up negative points this game.

Stat corrections are rarely 2 points, typically more like 0.1 to 0.5 points, unless your QB get's nixed for a fumble that was originally given to the running back or vice versa.

I would bench the defense.