Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iretirefromfantasy

is it unfair for me to bench my Defense? WHIR!

I checked the stats of all players involved on both sides lol The only thing I came across was his defense, ESPN gave them 8 but I think they should have gotten 9.

I checked the stats of all players involved on both sides lol The only thing I came across was his defense, ESPN gave them 8 but I think they should have gotten 9.

You would have to actually watch each game to be sure, not just add up numbers.

He had Tennesse (8 pts) can anyone confirm if this is correct lol

The extra points might be needed in case of tiebreaker scenarios. I doubt Pats D finishes with negative points anyways.

The extra points might be needed in case of tiebreaker scenarios. I doubt Pats D finishes with negative points anyways.

Most are saying this

I haven't read all of the replies but typically this is something that is different for each league. Hopefully you guys have some sort of rulebook or constitution, and if not it's a good thing to have (besides the basic league settings of your fantasy site) for when issues like this come up. I would ask everyone in your league before the game tonight what their thoughts are; sometimes by default, not starting all of your players is an automatic loss. In our league, the vote was that we are allowed to bench a defense in this scenario (I was indifferent honestly). If the majority give it the OK, I would most certainly bench the Pats D. Don't listen to anyone else saying that's lame, etc. If you chose not to play them, that's your strategy, and you're also guaranteeing a win. So unless you are desperate to get points for a tiebreaker in the standings, I would bench them as long as your league allows it.

Also, maybe double check the stats of all teams just in case there is a stat correction.

I haven't read all of the replies but typically this is something that is different for each league. Hopefully you guys have some sort of rulebook or constitution, and if not it's a good thing to have (besides the basic league settings of your fantasy site) for when issues like this come up. I would ask everyone in your league before the game tonight what their thoughts are; sometimes by default, not starting all of your players is an automatic loss. In our league, the vote was that we are allowed to bench a defense in this scenario (I was indifferent honestly). If the majority give it the OK, I would most certainly bench the Pats D. Don't listen to anyone else saying that's lame, etc. If you chose not to play them, that's your strategy, and you're also guaranteeing a win. So unless you are desperate to get points for a tiebreaker in the standings, I would bench them as long as your league allows it.

Also, maybe double check the stats of all teams just in case there is a stat correction.

I might play them, Pats would have to give up 34 points for me to tie him without the D getting a sack, fumble etc....

Too much work

The thread specifically asked for resolution on the issue of fairness. It isn't unfair or unethical, as long as you're not doing so as some act of collusion. Benching them is playing to win, something you shouldn't be penalized for.

On the related issue of whether or not you should do it - go ahead and bench. Chance of a two-point stat correction is near zero. I'd be risk averse.

15 minutes guys, if the bills score 28-34 points and my defense has 0 sacks and 0 turnovers I'll tie (-2) if they score 35 or more I'll lose. Standard scoring not fractional scoring.

Bench or start?

The thread specifically asked for resolution on the issue of fairness. It isn't unfair or unethical, as long as you're not doing so as some act of collusion. Benching them is playing to win, something you shouldn't be penalized for.

On the related issue of whether or not you should do it - go ahead and bench. Chance of a two-point stat correction is near zero. I'd be risk averse.

I lost a game this season I went to bed Monday night up by 1 point (both teams finished playing) for the W, Wednesday I looked back at the standings and due to stat corrections lost by 1 point. So I had the 2 point swing against me.