Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jclee4

2015-2016 Trade Deadline Thread

I'm thinking Terrence Jones gets traded before deadline. Something might happen I Denver too. Too many bigs.

After last year's wild deadline, it really proved that anything we out here is pure speculation. One thing we did nail though, was Dragic and Reggie getting moved.

After last year's wild deadline, it really proved that anything we out here is pure speculation. One thing we did nail though, was Dragic and Reggie getting moved.

Yea we all predicted that one here before it went live lol

Stories out today about Rockets shopping Ty Lawson

For a bucket of balls???? Seriously, I could see his expiring deal being appealing to a rebuilding team later in the season..... but damn, they won't get much.

rudy gay

does anyone think gay moved from sacramento? im starting to believe hes the biggest problem with that team because his usage rate vs his talent. he really plays old school basketball with lots of iso plays and i dont think its going to work with the current metagame. Theres tons of ball movement and stretch 4s, two characteristics he doesnt have. Also, situationally, the kings will probably need a big change to really turn their franchise around.

Who would Chicago sell? Taj? Mirotic? They do have a crowded frontcourt but I just don't see them Improving with selling a big. As a Mirotic owner I hope they do. If someone has good reasoning feel free to explain.

rudy gay

does anyone think gay moved from sacramento? im starting to believe hes the biggest problem with that team because his usage rate vs his talent. he really plays old school basketball with lots of iso plays and i dont think its going to work with the current metagame. Theres tons of ball movement and stretch 4s, two characteristics he doesnt have. Also, situationally, the kings will probably need a big change to really turn their franchise around.

Still has almost 2 years left on deal with a PTO for a 3rd. Just signed an under market extension about a year ago...... Anything is possible with Kings, but doubt they'd get as good a value.

Who would Chicago sell? Taj? Mirotic? They do have a crowded frontcourt but I just don't see them Improving with selling a big. As a Mirotic owner I hope they do. If someone has good reasoning feel free to explain.

Addition by subtraction. If they move Taj, Bobby Portis steps in as the 2nd big off of the bench.

For a bucket of balls???? Seriously, I could see his expiring deal being appealing to a rebuilding team later in the season..... but damn, they won't get much.

Yeah, it will be a buyer's market for sure. Still I can imagine some deals that might work for both sides ... say a trade with Philly for Embiid and Thornton. There's probably something viable with Utah. etc.

and Kanter.

Yeah, it will be a buyer's market for sure. Still I can imagine some deals that might work for both sides ... say a trade with Philly for Embiid and Thornton. There's probably something viable with Utah. etc.

Wait what? Why would Philly trade Embiid for an expiring deal? Am I missing something?

Wait what? Why would Philly trade Embiid for an expiring deal? Am I missing something?

Right now Philly has Okafor and Noel and several PGs that probably don't belong on an NBA roster. If they want to develop their young bigs, attract free agents and actually have a good team in the foreseeable future, a PG that can play might be a good idea.

Right now Philly has Okafor and Noel and several PGs that probably don't belong on an NBA roster. If they want to develop their young bigs, attract free agents and actually have a good team in the foreseeable future, a PG that can play might be a good idea.

A PG with alcohol issues who plays very little defense and will be a free agent after the season isn't worth a lot though. Unless Philly just wants to get rid of Embiid's contract, but even that seems like a sell low.

I still have a hunch that Ryan Anderson will be moved. Maybe to Detroit, for a reunion with SVG in his Magic 2.0 scheme. He's an UFA next season so who knows.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that SVG has all the control over in Detroit, and he was obviously a big fan of stretch 4s and RA in particular.

So philly tanked hard to get embiid one of the most talented bigs of the last years to then trade him for a little bottle of bad scotch?Seems legit.Oh wait , it had to come from a HOU fan ..nvm then that trade is clutchfans level

A PG with alcohol issues who plays very little defense and will be a free agent after the season isn't worth a lot though. Unless Philly just wants to get rid of Embiid's contract, but even that seems like a sell low.

Yeah. Things aren't going well with Embiid.

http://www.si.com/thecauldron/2015/10/16/philadelphia-76ers-sam-hinkie-joel-embiid-brett-brown-process

Even if they wanted to trade embiied.Thing that they will not.Because there is no reason for it WHY would they trade for lawson?A guy that lost all the value and credibility he had?Cmon.

Taj.No room for him and Bulls really need a backup PG.

Even if they wanted to trade embiied.Thing that they will not.Because there is no reason for it WHY would they trade for lawson?A guy that lost all the value and credibility he had?Cmon.

If I were Philly and my PGs were injured Kendall Marshall, injured Tony Wroten, and TJ McDimes ... I'd definitely consider a Ty Lawson reclamation project. It worked for Sacramento with Rajon Rondo.

Another possibility would be the Knicks. Probably one of the few spots TL could go where he'd be a defensive upgrade.

In Sacramento with Rajon they are trying to win with Demarcus cousins and Rudy Gay.

What is Ty Lawson going to do in PHI? Even if he is a good match he is much older than the talent they have. They would much rather risking on a pg that has a future.

Knicks are a real possibility for ty, they could go Hail Mary for a playoff run to keep Melo.

If I were Philly and my PGs were injured Kendall Marshall, injured Tony Wroten, and TJ McDimes ... I'd definitely consider a Ty Lawson reclamation project. It worked for Sacramento with Rajon Rondo.

Another possibility would be the Knicks. Probably one of the few spots TL could go where he'd be a defensive upgrade.

Phil could reunite him with Melo, too.

Lawson will be traded along with Thornton for Calderon, Early, Dwill and possibly a 2nd.

Bold prediction #1