Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jclee4

2015-2016 Trade Deadline Thread

What is going on right now? This day has been semi-hyped up for a while now. Maybe it was just me being hopeful, but I was truly expecting some dominos to fall and just sit back and watch the show.

I've been very let down thus far.

Because the trade deadline isn't until February. Today was just the first day in which most players COULD be traded. That doesn't mean that there WILL be a trade. Players could get traded from now until February.

I agree with u though, I was a bit hopeful for a few trades today, but looks like nothing so far. Might have to revisit this thread in February for the trade deadline for more action..

I definitely hear you that the trade deadline is where the most action is, but this SHOULD in theory be a huge day for a lot of teams. Teams that came into the season with playoff aspirations but are struggling should be seizing this opportunity 100% to start dealing pieces that aren't working out seeing as how this is the first day that 90% of the remaining players are able to be dealt.

If I'm a fan of the Suns or the Rockets and teams like that and they just sit back and accept defeat with disgruntled players until Feb I AM PISSED. Speaking of which, I am a fan of one of these, and I expect some freaking magic!

The only event of any significance that happened when the trade period opened last year was Rondo getting traded to Dallas. Then a couple of months later on the morning of the trade deadline (2/19/15), the internet exploded.

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/transactions/league/2015

Me sitting down at my desk at work that morning: :mellow:

Me starting to read the RW blurbs right after that: :o

I don't expect anything like that to happen again, but man that was awesome.

new rumor on rw about a potential d12 for whiteside. makes some sense come to think of it as heat cannot retaint hassan as we will get max

Dwight Howard is reportedly "extremely unhappy" in Houston playing second fiddle to James Harden, and rumors are surfacing of a potential trade to Miami.

Dwight Howard is reportedly "extremely unhappy" in Houston playing second fiddle to James Harden, and rumors are surfacing of a potential trade to Miami.

As a dragic owner God no. But he's not gonna be 1st option in Miami so...

anyone know if sheridan hoops is credible? basically all of rw's rumors are coming from there...

Dwight trying to play for every team below 35 degrees latitude lol

Sheridan is decent I guess, but a lot of stuff are just based on "sources" right now

This is what I found on Sheridan...

Chris Sheridan is a sportswriter who formerly covered the National Basketball Association for ESPN.[1] He previously worked 18 years for the Associated Press. His basketball Web site, Sheridan Hoops,[2] launched on September 5, 2011. In July, 2014, he was the first major NBA journalist to report that LeBron James would sign with and return to the Cleveland Cavaliers during his free agency. Sheridan has covered Team USA senior men's national team longer than any American sportswriter, having first reported on them at the Atlanta Olympics in 1996.

I don't dislike the Rockets in real life, but I am rooting for them to lose because every loss makes them closer to make a deal lol

Really hoping Cousins don't get dealt, especially to Boston(Crowded frontcourt), Bulls(plays slow, Jimmy Butler, Pau/Noah/Gibson), Heats(Wade, Bosh).

Really hoping Cousins don't get dealt, especially to Boston(Crowded frontcourt), Bulls(plays slow, Jimmy Butler, Pau/Noah/Gibson), Heats(Wade, Bosh).

Same here buddy. If Cousins gets moved I'll be really sad lol

Kings just don't deserve a player like Cousins though. Let him go to the Heat and learn how to be a winner so the NBA as a whole becomes a better league

Cousins isn't going to lose time to any of those mediocre frontcourt players in Boston.

anyone know if sheridan hoops is credible? basically all of rw's rumors are coming from there...

He had Lebron going home to Cleveland before almost everyone....

It's tempting to stash players in hopes of a trade (e.g. Markieff just got dropped in one of my leagues, but I've been screwed over like that several times. A few seasons ago,I remember I was one of those owners waiting for Big Al or Favors to be traded when they were on the Jazz and when the deadline came along, they were still on the Jazz. Anybody stashing Kieff? Where are you hoping he lands? Which team will give him the best opportunity to produce? I know a couple rumored teams are the Rockets and Pelicans.

According to Ian Begley of ESPN, the Knicks would like to bring in a young scoring guard to bolster their backcourt.

The Knicks are in 11th place in the East with a 12-14 record, but their backcourt is an obvious weakness at the moment. The Knicks do not want to impact their cap space beyond this season, as they want to keep their flexibility for free agents this summer. Nothing is imminent at the moment, but the addition of another guard could take some minutes away from guys like Jose Calderon or Arron Afflalo.

Thought this would be a good discussion with the trade deadline coming up, injuries galore, and team playoff standings starting to set.

Off the top of my head:

- J. Noah (Bulls likely move a big)

- T. Gibson (Bulls likely move a big)

- D. Booker (Suns tank, big opportunity)

- T. Jones (likely trade? Pho could be big)

- Markieff Morris (very likely trade but Hou not ideal spot for value)

- T. Lawson (needs trade)

- B. Jennings (need trade)

- Kev Martin (needs trade)

- A. Gordon (don't trust skiles but big upside)

- T. chandler/Len (needs trade)

Who do you think add the top stashes for the ROS, potential game changers like the goberts, dieng, rjax of last yead. I like Noah/Gibson, T. jones, and booker at the moment to make a major difference post trade deadline.

Thought this would be a good discussion with the trade deadline coming up, injuries galore, and team playoff standings starting to set.

Off the top of my head:

- J. Noah (Bulls likely move a big)

- T. Gibson (Bulls likely move a big)

- D. Booker (Suns tank, big opportunity)

- T. Jones (likely trade? Pho could be big)

- Markieff Morris (very likely trade but Hou not ideal spot for value)

- T. Lawson (needs trade)

- B. Jennings (need trade)

- Kev Martin (needs trade)

- A. Gordon (don't trust skiles but big upside)

- T. chandler/Len (needs trade)

Who do you think add the top stashes for the ROS, potential game changers like the goberts, dieng, rjax of last yead. I like Noah/Gibson, T. jones, and booker at the moment to make a major difference post trade deadline.

great post! I like your list. also portis is somehow still available in your league

Honestly wish Noah didn't get moved (for that PO schedule) haha. Gibson definitely moving but again the PO schedule would be a decrease from their 4-4-5.

I think the biggest is Dennis schroder. Word is that they will wait until the offseason but I don't see that happening. I think they make a move by the deadline and wherever he lands he will start. The next rjax for sure.

Don't see Jennings being moved. They are adamant about keeping him to make the playoff push and their depth at Pg would be lacking without his second unit leadership.

Tjones could be great in Phoenix but I think so would ryno so either one of those guys would make a great asset in that team. They'd undoubtably start at PF.

Despite Brooklyn saying they will run with Larkin, I think they'll be singing a new song as soon as they string some demoralizing losses together. Might be schroder trade, or Lawson trade but I think a good target here would be tony wroten. He would quicken the pace and add a scoring punch (if he could find a way to make them).

great point about schroder, i could see him being dealt as well. the 2 dnp's lead me to believe that dennis was having issues with the coach and showing frustration with his lack of playing time.

Which team will atl trade schoder with though? It has to be someone with a PG to spare. That's not the nets right now.

Honestly wish Noah didn't get moved (for that PO schedule) haha. Gibson definitely moving but again the PO schedule would be a decrease from their 4-4-5.

I think the biggest is Dennis schroder. Word is that they will wait until the offseason but I don't see that happening. I think they make a move by the deadline and wherever he lands he will start. The next rjax for sure.

Don't see Jennings being moved. They are adamant about keeping him to make the playoff push and their depth at Pg would be lacking without his second unit leadership.

Tjones could be great in Phoenix but I think so would ryno so either one of those guys would make a great asset in that team. They'd undoubtably start at PF.

Despite Brooklyn saying they will run with Larkin, I think they'll be singing a new song as soon as they string some demoralizing losses together. Might be schroder trade, or Lawson trade but I think a good target here would be tony wroten. He would quicken the pace and add a scoring punch (if he could find a way to make them).

I think noah is most likely to get moved not Taj. Noah is a free agent.

how about dwight howard going to the east?

I would add Al Jeff to the list. At first glance you might dismiss Al Jeff because he wasn't producing before the injury and the team was playing really well without him. Granted, the Hornets have had a lot of injuries, but the team is sliding badly. 5 straight losses. 8 out of the last 10 losses. 10 out of the last 13 losses. I wouldn't be surprised to see them plug Al Jeff into a prominent role if they are hovering around .500 when he gets back. Plus, a trade isn't really required for him to carve out 26-32 mpg if he comes back motivated and looking to get paid with his next contract.

I would simplify the Bulls/Suns and players needing a trade by ranking which of them has the most fantasy friendly game given 32-36 mpg and which ones fit your team need. We always speculate on trades that make sense, but the reality is that the trades that take place almost always fall short of our expectations. The list is good, but even if things shake out perfectly some of those players have flaws and their upside needs to match your team needs. A