Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grawhawk2

$500 AUCTION KEEPER LEAGUE! Could win $4,000 playing fantasy.

Hi guys, last year I ran my first $500 auction keeper league and it was a huge success with a great group of guys. I couldn't have been any happier (Except if I would've won :wacko: .) While those guys are waiting for next year, (keeper league) I am looking to start ANOTHER league. If you have any interest, email me at tieronefantasy@gmail.com. Below is a description.

Are you tired of poorly ran fantasy leagues? Look no further, I have finally decided to branch off of our fantastic league and run my own sister league.

This will be a $500, H2H, auction keeper league on ESPN. I have always played in higher stakes for 2 reasons.

1. Justifying the hard work put into managing a fantasy team for 6 months of the baseball season.

2. The higher stakes will always weed out the owners who like to quit/stop checking lineups/ruin the league. Generally if your investing $500, you take pride in your investment.

I am in another league that has been around for 10 years. This league is VERY well ran by a Division I college baseball coach. Both he and myself have spent years perfecting the scoring/rules/ect. to ensure the best players are scoring the most points.

This league will be very similar to his, but as a new league, I am a man of the people and am always open to suggestions/input. This will be OUR league for years to come.

If you are interested, email me at TierOneFantasy@gmail.com

Leaguesafe will insure the league’s money.

Singles (1B) 1 Doubles (2B) 2 Triples (3B) 3 Home Runs (HR) 4 Walks (BB) 1 Runs Scored ® 1 Runs Batted In (RBI) 1 Stolen Bases (SB) 2 Strikeouts (K) -1 Intentional Walks (IBB) 1 Hit by Pitch (HBP) 1 Caught Stealing (CS) -1 Pitching Innings Pitched (IP) 1.5 Earned Runs (ER) -1 Wins (W) 5 Losses (L) -5 Saves (SV) 5 Blown Saves (BS) -5 Strikeouts (K) 1 Shutouts (SO) 5 No Hitters (NH)

Pretty standard lineups and rosters. I try to keep it as realistic to actual baseball as possible without all the extra MI and CI positions. Not a fan of leagues that try and add a bunch of extra junk.
ESPN is the site.
POSITION STARTERS MAXIMUM Catcher © 1 No Limit First Base (1B) 1 No Limit Second Base (2B) 1 No Limit Third Base (3B) 1 No LimitShortstop (SS) 1 No Limit Left Field (LF) 0 No Limit Center Field (CF) 0 No Limit Right Field (RF) 0 No Limit Outfield (OF) 3 N/A Designated Hitter (DH) 0 No Limit Utility (UTIL) 1 N/A Starting Pitcher (SP) 5 No Limit Relief Pitcher (RP) 3 No Limit Bench (BE) 10 N/A Disabled List (DL) 2 N/A

100% payout. As far as the payout structure, I am a big believer in the regular season champion(s) receiving a nice chunk of the pot, compared to the "playoff winners"
For someone to grind out 5+ months of fantasy and come out on top is deserving of the most money in my opinion. 95% of other leagues are lazy and pay out 1st 2nd 3rd for playoffs. What they don't realize is that they are not actual playoffs, just a couple weeks in september during the dog days when half the teams have given up and are giving other players a look, expanding rosters, shutting down pitchers, protecting guys with injuries, ect. But for some ungodly stupidity reason people think these "playoffs" deserve the most payout. It pains me to see someone dominate the regular season and then lose in the 1st rd of "september playoffs" because their stud pitchers got shut down or something similar.
I do think playoffs are a fun part of the league and they will definitely be rewarded. My structure will look something like this:
Payouts will look something like this- 100% payout, $7,000.

Regular Season

1st: $2,000
2nd $1,400
3rd $700
4th $250

Total Points 1st half: $250 (weeks 1-11)
Total Points 2nd half $250 (weeks 12-21)
Total points winner on regular season $250

Playoffs
1st $1,200
2nd $700
You have the potential to win up to $4,000 if you clean up the league. Yes, $4,000 dollars.