Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

phatrat

Terrible Trade Offers 2016 Edition

Starting a new one for the 2016 season. Post your terrible trade offers here...

I'll be the first! I just got two offers. One was Yasmany Tomas and Yordano Ventura for Nolan Arenado. The second Salvador Perez and Ventura for Arenado. I've had to fend off trades for Arenado for two seasons now. For some reason everyone in my league agrees he's a stud but doesn't want to trade me a stud for him.

I got offered a 5th round draft pick for George Springer....in an auction league.

I just had to post this. This trade actually happened last night. 5 keeper league.

Both new owners one shows up and within 5 minutes trades Trout. Team B even had Rizzo otb

Team A

Gets- Trout

Team B

Gets- Dee, A Miller, Benintendi

In a 5 keeper league

WOW

I just had to post this. This trade actually happened last night. 5 keeper league.

Both new owners one shows up and within 5 minutes trades Trout. Team B even had Rizzo otb

Team A

Gets- Trout

Team B

In a 5 keeper league

WOW

That one smells.

Someone in my three sport league (no hockey) offered me Calvin Johnson for my Giancarlo Stanton yesterday about an hour before the Calvin news broke.

And yes, it is a dynasty.

Someone in my three sport league (no hockey) offered me Calvin Johnson for my Giancarlo Stanton yesterday about an hour before the Calvin news broke.

Off-topic but three sport league? That sounds crazy as hell.

Team A

Gets- Trout

Team B

In a 5 keeper league

WOW

Is that pre draft? If so, that is vetoably bad.

Team A

Gets- Trout

Team B

In a 5 keeper league

WOW

I told owner he was an idiot and he quit the league. I still think there might have been something fishy going on there

Team A

Gets- Trout

Team B

In a 5 keeper league

WOW

I told owner he was an idiot and he quit the league. I still think there might have been something fishy going on there

If I'm the commish here I'm reversing this trade. Sorry but that's ridiculous on every level.

Team A

Gets- Trout

Team B

In a 5 keeper league

WOW

Team A got fleeced, right? Isn't Benintendi one of the Iron Chefs?

Umm yes, I would like to know how such a league works as well. But even in a dynasty where megatron plays a few years, that sounds bad. But I don't know how a reception equates to OBP. I just vomited.

Holy crap, a real life Iron Man league player... I've heard of these but my wife would leave me.

How long has the league been running, do you have activity issues, and do you have ANY free time left?

Yeah. I am also in two four-sport dynasties.

Yeah. I am also in two four-sport dynasties.

What website do you use?

did a cbs draft yesterday within 20 minutes get offered alex gordon(15th round pick) for my Justin Upton(5th round pick) so i reject.....6 hours later get offered the same trade so i reject again.......today i get offered his jose fernandez(his 5th round pick) for my scott kazmir(my 15th round pick)...accepted in seconds

did a cbs draft yesterday within 20 minutes get offered alex gordon(15th round pick) for my Justin Upton(5th round pick) so i reject.....6 hours later get offered the same trade so i reject again.......today i get offered his jose fernandez(his 5th round pick) for my scott kazmir(my 15th round pick)...accepted in seconds

Does this leaguemate do drugs or day drink often?

I told my league on our message board that I was willing to trade Corey Seager (24th round keeper) for a top bat. The first response I got was "Salvador Perez (9th round) or Yasmany Tomas (13th round), your choice" and he wasn't joking.

I give: Springer and Casilla

I get: Piscotty and Rodon

It might not be that bad (really it is) but it is a small ten team league and he picked up both off the WW an hour before he sent the trade offer.

It might not be that bad (really it is) but it is a small ten team league and he picked up both off the WW an hour before he sent the trade offer.

Really bad offers, I usually just give a no thanks. But when it's a player or package of players just plucked off free agency, I respond with "If I wanted _____, why wouldn't I have picked him up an hour ago when he was free instead of giving up my stud for him?

I love how weird this trade. Casilla isn't even the for sure closer and Piscotty should be "decent" but is totally a WW pickup (in my league).

Now if the guy offered you Rodon for Springer as a starting point I think you could talk. Both guys have huge upside and it would depend on your needs (team in your sig looks stellar, imo), but that would make more sense then the 2 for 2.

was trying to wait closer to season but have received so many recently

redraft

give machado braun

get marte xander

give rizzo machado

get goldy c seager

give machado mccullers

get waino xander

Man, if these are 'terrible' trade offers your league must be much smarter than mine. We have been in a slow draft for a couple weeks and I've seen 6 or so worse than those! Lol.

Goldy and Stroman for Rendon and Bum

Lorenzo Cain and Gray for Starling Marte, Castellanos and a higher draft pick.

Chris Davis for Cutch....

2nd one is not bad. Goldy is my # 1 pick in the draft for redraft leagues and Seager is my 2nd ranked SS. I am guessing if you posted some of the ones you have sent to them and got rejected are just as bad. Most people just don't think they send bad offers.