Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

phatrat

Terrible Trade Offers 2016 Edition

Standard 5x5 roto 4 keepers. Guy in first place originally offers Molina and Schoop for Salvador Perez. Guy in last turns it down and counters with Molina and Benintendi for Perez. VETOED. New trade: Molina, Benintendi, Pollock for Perez, Wainwright, and Archie Bradley. VETOED. Goes to league vote and is approved 7-2. I'm in a league with terrible owners.

Guy in last is not active because he's in last. Got the trade offer from the guy in 1st, looked down the 1st place team and said "eh, i like Benintendi" and sent him whatever he liked because he doesn't care. Spent the whole day yesterday telling me Benintendi and Pollock might be keepers, and that they're both better than Wainwright and Bradley, a rookie who's actually playing. None of these guys are actually keepers but that's the tune he's singing. I lay out the fact that all the guys he's receiving in the trade were available on free agency to be picked up NOT A WEEK AGO. Doesn't have an answer for that, just says "things change". Well i'll tell you what hasn't changed all year, your spot at the bottom. If you're in the mode of looking for keepers, why didn't you pick these guys up off free agency when you had the chance? So then he changes it to "i'm only in it for Pollock". You mean the guy that wasn't included in the first trade you offered? The guy who was available to be picked up and stashed in your DL spot a week ago? Then finally admits today he's obviously not going to keep any of them. Then why in the f&*# are you trading?

I tell you what, i try very hard to think up policies that avoid teams tanking and still gives owners a say in the league. But if the owners don't pay attention to how roto fantasy baseball works, and just don't care about the trades they make, then i have no other option than to just make it LM decision.

On 8/7/2016 at 3:28 PM, Bravesfan155 said:

Standard 5x5 roto 4 keepers. Guy in first place originally offers Molina and Schoop for Salvador Perez. Guy in last turns it down and counters with Molina and Benintendi for Perez. VETOED. New trade: Molina, Benintendi, Pollock for Perez, Wainwright, and Archie Bradley. VETOED. Goes to league vote and is approved 7-2. I'm in a league with terrible owners.

Guy in last is not active because he's in last. Got the trade offer from the guy in 1st, looked down the 1st place team and said "eh, i like Benintendi" and sent him whatever he liked because he doesn't care. Spent the whole day yesterday telling me Benintendi and Pollock might be keepers, and that they're both better than Wainwright and Bradley, a rookie who's actually playing. None of these guys are actually keepers but that's the tune he's singing. I lay out the fact that all the guys he's receiving in the trade were available on free agency to be picked up NOT A WEEK AGO. Doesn't have an answer for that, just says "things change". Well i'll tell you what hasn't changed all year, your spot at the bottom. If you're in the mode of looking for keepers, why didn't you pick these guys up off free agency when you had the chance? So then he changes it to "i'm only in it for Pollock". You mean the guy that wasn't included in the first trade you offered? The guy who was available to be picked up and stashed in your DL spot a week ago? Then finally admits today he's obviously not going to keep any of them. Then why in the f&*# are you trading?

I tell you what, i try very hard to think up policies that avoid teams tanking and still gives owners a say in the league. But if the owners don't pay attention to how roto fantasy baseball works, and just don't care about the trades they make, then i have no other option than to just make it LM decision.

First off if the guy is inactive than just replace him. Not many would blame you for that.

Secondly, none of those trades really should have been vetoed. If your going to let them manage their teams then you will have uneven trades. That and on a bad team AJ might be a keeper in a keep 4. He was was going top 20 before his injury so it is not like he was terrible. 

23 hours ago, thatguy725 said:

First off if the guy is inactive than just replace him. Not many would blame you for that.

Secondly, none of those trades really should have been vetoed. If your going to let them manage their teams then you will have uneven trades. That and on a bad team AJ might be a keeper in a keep 4. He was was going top 20 before his injury so it is not like he was terrible. 

Trades were easy vetoes. Not even close. Provides no benefit to the guy down at the bottom. Only thing close to a rational argument is keeping Pollock, who was only included after the first one was vetoed.

It's a combination of the guy trading too much value because he just doesn't care and the crazy notion of not vetoing trades. I'm realizing the only way to avoid tanking in these leagues is to do away with keepers and put a trade deadline middle of July.

Been getting terrible offers nonstop from the same guy for over a month. It's a 20 team dynasty, my team will make the playoffs but is still extremely young and should be a top competitor for the next 5+ years. Here are the offers, in order of how they've gone (who I'd be giving up is listed first)

Salazar and Renfroe for Dickey and Tommy Joseph

Trumbo for Tommy Joseph, Jeff Hoffman, Josh Reddick

Salazar for Melvin Upton

Salazar for Napoli

In response to all the terrible offers I countered with Jon Gray for Encarnacion

Guy didn't get the hint and kept coming: Starling Marte and Salazar for Encarnacion

Bartolo for Ryon Healy

Salazar and Chapman for Aledmys Diaz and Healy (I have Corey Seager already)

I just needed to vent here. I've told the guy to stop sending trade offers but he just keeps sending these absurd offers. Driving me nuts

On 9/10/2016 at 1:19 PM, Abomb3394 said:

Been getting terrible offers nonstop from the same guy for over a month. It's a 20 team dynasty, my team will make the playoffs but is still extremely young and should be a top competitor for the next 5+ years. Here are the offers, in order of how they've gone (who I'd be giving up is listed first)

Salazar and Renfroe for Dickey and Tommy Joseph

Trumbo for Tommy Joseph, Jeff Hoffman, Josh Reddick

Salazar for Melvin Upton

Salazar for Napoli

In response to all the terrible offers I countered with Jon Gray for Encarnacion

Guy didn't get the hint and kept coming: Starling Marte and Salazar for Encarnacion

Bartolo for Ryon Healy

Salazar and Chapman for Aledmys Diaz and Healy (I have Corey Seager already)

I just needed to vent here. I've told the guy to stop sending trade offers but he just keeps sending these absurd offers. Driving me nuts

Was gonna say some of those don't seem terrible like Salazar for Napoli...then I read it's a dynasty league...  Bartolo for Healy really takes the cake here.  Haha

i mean, if i'm reading that right, he's saying he thinks it was laughable to be offered healy for bartolo

he says his players are on the left, and then the next offer from the same guy also has healy in it paired with aledmys, where he specifically says he doesn't need aledmys because he has seager, so it seems clear that the other dude had healy

but honestly my favorite thing about terrible trade offer threads is when guys post deals that they actually should have taken, so this is fine

On 10/11/2016 at 2:50 PM, wily mo said:

i mean, if i'm reading that right, he's saying he thinks it was laughable to be offered healy for bartolo

he says his players are on the left, and then the next offer from the same guy also has healy in it paired with aledmys, where he specifically says he doesn't need aledmys because he has seager, so it seems clear that the other dude had healy

but honestly my favorite thing about terrible trade offer threads is when guys post deals that they actually should have taken, so this is fine

I understand where you're coming from on that one. It was more a timing reason that I didn't take the 'Tolo deal. This was offered right at the start of the playoffs (no trade deadline in our league for some reason) and my team was on fire, but just lost Salazar. After losing Salazar I only had 6 SP's and we carry a huge roster, so losing Big Bart would put me close to not even reaching our GS minimum each week.

I also have Frazier and Moustakas at 3B, so it wasn't a huge need to fill anyways. That one wasn't a bad offer, just horrible timing and analysis of your trade partner by a very clueless owner.

2 hours ago, Abomb3394 said:

I understand where you're coming from on that one. It was more a timing reason that I didn't take the 'Tolo deal. This was offered right at the start of the playoffs (no trade deadline in our league for some reason) and my team was on fire, but just lost Salazar. After losing Salazar I only had 6 SP's and we carry a huge roster, so losing Big Bart would put me close to not even reaching our GS minimum each week.

I also have Frazier and Moustakas at 3B, so it wasn't a huge need to fill anyways. That one wasn't a bad offer, just horrible timing and analysis of your trade partner by a very clueless owner.

okay that at least makes sense